Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
B
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
Hey my first thread here but a legitimate question, what subclasses does everyone hope they add? like I absolutely love what they did for ranger and its enemy type (though it should be called something different now that a few of them don't actually hunt enemy types, so maybe specialization or hunter type,) and how you can be a ranger knight is cool without having to half fighter class. So I'm also excited about what subclasses you can be. if I had to choose id go with the new drake warden from the new arcana (even if it's still in its early beta form I bet they could code it to be similar to beastmaster with just a different pool of summonable creatures, in this case, all the drakes are the same except for element type. I think its cool sub class they could add, I'd also love oathbreaker paladin and hexblade warlock but what about anyone else?

I'm a skeleton in flesh armor
addict
addict
As far as we know Larian is only going to add PHB subclasses. Going by this list, I am most looking forward to Oath of the Ancients. If possible as a multiclass with Druid.

E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E
I feel like the shadow monk is going to feel great with all of the shadows already in place. It was a bit like pulling teeth to get my DM to describe where I could use my abilities, but it's already all layed out in BG3. It's going to be a shadow monk's playground.

addict
addict
If (and that's a big "if") they include subclasses from other sources:

Swashbuckler
Grave domain cleric (which is actually needed to play a proper cleric of Kelemvor)

G
addict
addict
G
Divine Soul Sorcerer

B
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
Originally Posted by Vhaldez
As far as we know Larian is only going to add PHB subclasses. Going by this list, I am most looking forward to Oath of the Ancients. If possible as a multiclass with Druid.

Are they adding artificer? they got a magical tech in this world so its possible..... if so battle smith for a mech dog. (im a sucker for pet allies) and if they cant add drake wardens beastmaster ranger, zealot barbarian, hexblade warlock, oathbreaker paladin, sword bard, grave cleric, Shephard druid, samurai fighter(i doubt fighter subclass the most) drunk monk, pirate rogue,WiLd sorcerer, and... I don't want to play a wizard so yeah laugh also, i hope they add more to the other classes cause I won't lie I'd hate that cleric gets like 7 subclasses and everyone else gets like 2.

Last edited by Beanybomber; 30/10/20 09:25 PM.

apprentice
apprentice
Honestly from PHB there isn't too much I'm excited about; I'm more excited to try out the other classes. Strictly PHB I'd probably say Oath of the Ancients for Paladin and College of Valor for Bard.

However from non-phb I want Bladesinger for Wizard and College of Glamour for Bard.

addict
addict
I'd be quite happy if we get Oath of the Ancients paladin and Pact of the Archfey warlock. Really increase the range of nature themed classes so I can play more of a variety beyond ranger/druid.

For druid I am pretty confident we'll get Moon and Land, so I am hoping we at least get Shepherd as well since that gives a nice variety in druid playstyles.

For ranger I am hoping we see Gloomstalker, Horizon Walker, and Monster Slayer. I loved all those sub-classes, though Larian will have to be careful since re-doing core ranger might lead to power creep with such strong sub-classes that were designed to compensate for core ranger being so disappointing in 5e.

Bladesinger
Bladesinger
& Bladesinger

old hand
old hand
Dual scimitar WElf plly / Oath of the Ancients. ... Or... Dwarven Berserker Barbie... But probably just Thief rogue, given the majority will probably take plcae in the city.

Fear my wrath, for it is great indeed.
addict
addict
From PHB? I'm curious what they do with Assassin Rogue and Wild Magic Sorcerer. Tempest Cleric would also be nice.

Non-PHB? Gloomstalker Ranger, Conquest Paladin, Storm and Shadow Sorcerer, Eloquence, Glamour and Whispers Bard, Storm Herald Barbarian.

C
apprentice
apprentice
C
Well... It's a class that is not yet in EA, but for the bard (assuming they are going to add stuff from outside the PHB) I would love to play a glamour bard, or an eloquence bard.

V
VDA Offline
stranger
stranger
V
I know they're supposedly doing PHB only but I don't see the point of playing Sorcerer if you can only play Draconic or Wild. They're both very poor subclasses and Sorc is underpowered compared to Wizard.

Wish they put in Divine Soul.

Also, Hexblade Warlock

Last edited by VDA; 30/10/20 10:46 PM.
journeyman
journeyman
Hexblade Warlock

College of whispers and swords Bards

S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
College of Lore Bard & path is the totem warrior Barb - if they fix the broken mechanics.

If they don’t, I’m okay with champion

I don't think Shadowdancers are a thing in 5e but I always loved role playing a shadowdancer.

T
stranger
stranger
T
If there isn't faithfully adapted Necromancer Wizard with a properly functioning animate dead spell I will create a petition signed by as many people as required to get one. It is the only reason I want this game to come out at all.

old hand
old hand
Death Domain Cleric, Aberrant Mind Sorcerer, Shadow Magic Sorcerer, Swashbuckler, Archfey and Hexblade Warlock.

T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T
Divine Soul Sorcerer - one of the coolest subclasses that completely changes the way you play the class.

Oath of Redemption Paladin - a different Oath that might be quite fun to play in BG3. Would give the non-lethal attacks more purpose.

Hexblade Warlock - I actually kind of despise them in Table Top (scummy 1 level dips aside, I've had tons of bad experiences with Hexblade players), but I'm fine with seeing this in a single player game

Celestial Warlock - I'd love to have this here as a contrast to the Fiend.

Last edited by Topgoon; 31/10/20 04:01 PM.
B
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
for majorities sake i hope each class gets at least 4 or so, i just dont want to look at wizard and cleric see 7 different ways to go with them then see like 2 for barbarian.doesnt have be 7 as well but like 3 or 5 would be cool

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard