Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Zefhyr Offline OP
OP Offline
Ok I decided to write all the things which are disturbing me during my second party.
I’m already level 4, did a few things, nothing crazy. I play with Wyll, Gale and Shadeowheart.
So..

I enter the hideout of the tieflings kids.
What disturbed me :
- the kid I was following in the hideout wasn’t in it… mysterious.
- The kid was talking to other kids except…. He was alone.
- I didn’t had any option to force the kid to TELL ME WHAT HE SI DOING
- the kids decide to run away, he take some items and then… stay and when I talk to him he just say something like « you looked for it » and that’s all… So I am lost…
- now, I am out and I tried to talk to another kid but he refused cause I « pissed of Mol »… Ok… cool… Should I kill this Mol ? I’m tired of this kind of situation… So I’m gonna kill the kid for messing with my game. Ok, looks like I can’t kill him. 0/5 hp but still standing up. Pfff… Meh.

Let’s go meet the druids !
I saved the kids thx to luck (which means a good roll-dice)
I talked to khaga but was really disappoitned, I never get an option to ask her to wait, to let me time to kill the goblins… I reload to try again…
Ok I really don’t get it. No one want to ask for her to stop his ritual and let me handle the problem ????
I don’t understand… ok I reload again… Maybe there is something I’m missing… (I can’t believe the devs didn’t think about this option…)
Ok so there is really no option… except kill her. Dude… it’s not cool:/ (my first game, I just didn’t talk to her after one reload) I don’t know what to do !!! Would like to kill her but not the others… I guess I’ll just go help the tiefs…

Ha ha ha ha !!! xD I just tried one of the must funny things I ever did in BG3 !
See Nettie ? Remember how she is saving a bird when you come talk to her. Well… You put an arrow in the head’s bird and then I talked to her and she was all natural « ho poor thing… She fights until the end… » well nop missis, I just shoot her right under your nose… u_u xD

Ok so.. I’m a half-elf, I’m really suspicious and I have 18 dexterity but this girl succeed at attacking me ! Damn I suxx so much ! The roll-dice magic, I failed a 7 test :’( !
I reload (yeah I’m from this shameful species. Well, not completely it’s jsut my first game I let her poisoned me. I would like to try a different way… I just need to not fail a low dexterity test -.-‘)

WHAT’S HAPPENED ??? We was all cool, she was going to give a poison to carry and… I’m trapped in his room !!! Holy crap.
So… I’m trapped.. I can kill her but it would be sad… All my mates are in the other room btw. I successfully checked something but whaaaaaaaaaat ???? I dunno. She attacked me…. -.-‘ welle.. You know me… I reload… IS it a little boring ? ….Yeah.
Btw they REALLY need to do somethign with the crossbar selecting dialogues options… It’s a pain…
PFFF… This time I failed the roll-dice and there is only roll-dice option. So she attacked me -.-‘
I’ll try to knock her, no promise tougth.
Why my hero and his mates sometimes just stop in the middle of a movement… repeatidly.
HO NOOOOOOOOOOOOO…. I did a critic !!!!! No knock out so…. -.-‘
Never thougth being poison would be simplier than refusing it… I’m still stuck in the room ! Some one help !xD
I’m dumb… i see nothing in the room… (except the three stones, the fourth empty… etc)..
I reload /o/ (I think my reloading-rate is correlated to my fun-rate)
I’m free !!! It worked ! youhou !

I just met the cambion and then talk to Shadowheart. I tried to roll the dice for 8 and I miss.. Obviously I reload cause for my second game I want to get her ! (the first time, I accept the defeat in her heart :’( )
So… Her question is a test… not a big surprise, sometimes it feels like everything in this game is a test. You can’t just make a move, fight something or enjoy a discussion, a share of tought without being test or judge. Sometimes it feels like a bad forum thread. ^^’
Damn I re-miss the roll dice at 8 ! You know, I was wondering it’s strange to be able to save during a fight but not during a conversation.
Ok so 4th reroll… which make 1 succeed and 3 loses for a 8 score… Ho sry, 5th reroll… wow so much fun xD
And I’m sorry but no I wont accept a bad roll on this one. It’s my second party I want to try NEW things.
Holy craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap 6th reroll !!! 5 defeats !!! This game is making fun of me xD
It’s a freaking 8 roll-dice…
So here we are. I finally get through it (after 7 reroll) and now… i have 4 options and the problem is… with this game it’s rre to have the opportunity to used all the options… So I have to choose really carefully… So I asked about the ennemy of Shar. The answer was disappointing and it end the dicussion. Sad.
Ok, so I come back tlaking to Shadowheart… Wanna talk about Shar. I said « I’m cool with Shar »… But i twas a roll-dice option… Obviously I failed. Ok second time was the good. It went smoothly but I can’t stop thiknig I’m like a squirrel with BG3.
A squirrel gathering approval points from my mates (some more than the others). And… To be honest… This is not this fun. I miss the romance from BG2, they felt more smoothly and natural and pleasant to live.

I’ll stop for tonight. I played for more than one hour. Feels like I didn’t accomplished a lot. It may be due to my lack of… motivation, fun playing. But I really try to enjoy it, I swear I do ! (I mean I spent a lto of money in it and for the first time for an EA, if I didn’t find it funny I’ll feel really bad having payed for it).

I'll post a new comment for my next session, hope you enjoyed following my miserable adventure ! ^^

Zefhyr Offline OP
OP Offline
Here I go for my second session !
It's 9 pm here !

Today, I'm going to try to find again Laezel than I let in his cage previously.
Wish me luck !

So I talk with a tief who won't give me her name and just leave. M'okay !
Ho, I got an idea ! I'm going to try to kill the red dragon ! laugh
Ok maybe not, I miss my shot and I just run away.
Let's talk then but I'm worried, I doesn't see Laezel.
So... I fail the wisdom roll dice. Let's fight ! But where is Laezel ?
fail my firs attack at 75% ! :'(
Impressive, a gith throw a bomb at my mates who was much higer ! Let's revenge è_é
Pffffff... One of the most boring things in the BG3 fights. I click to go in the back of my ennemy, at the LAST SECOND the path changed and I take an opportunity attack and die..... RONFL
reloading... not because I'm dea but because I'm dead cause of a bad pathfinding ! >_<
Youhou I win ! Well, I die but luckyli a gith expodes one of his mates who fall from the igh and my Quasit succeeded at sacring their boss.
A glory day for me ! But again... where is Laezel... for now... Let's loot !
Meh... nothing interesting... except for the mysterious item.
Ok I REALLY want to know what it is and I wont wait to replay the game AGAIN... So.... let's go for my 4th reload since the game wont allow me to succeed this 11 roll dice on intelligence (I have 18 INT and I still feel dumb xD )
Ho ho ho ! 5th reload ! no 6th !
It's 9:40 pm.... I know I lost time reading some thread on the forums during the loading but... 40mns....
FINALLY ! I am freeeeeeee, freee from Larian design !!! /o/ xD
9+45
So.. I go back to the goblins camp and I'm still wondering why they let me in... I killed the goblins with the drums... Killed the trolls and goblins at the village except for the one watching the door. Seeing all this goblins remind me my fight during my first game... I wont live it again U_U...
So I go on the balcony and attack a sleeping goblins... I thought they would be surprised... Asbolutely not ! They even play before me !
I cast an imobilisation who succeed until the goblin play and just free himself from it. :-|
I win anyway...
Let's go in and let's go kill the goblin torturer.

Ok I don't get it.... I killed the torturer and find the eye of Wyll. He begin to speak alone. So I go engage the discussion and....... He complain I fight the goblins without him !!! An now he look upset for no reason... Damn you BG3...
Ok I'm bored. --"
Let's stop for tonight...
See you soon (except if I really lost the faith which I hope not)

Zefhyr Offline OP
OP Offline
Let's go for the third session.
So I found Halsin with the goblins throwing rocks on him.
I asked them to stop and they refused so... I choose to attack them and... Shadowheart disapproved ! I really didn't expect this one ! I can't get why ? Did she love cruelty ? Did she not understand it's Halsin ? Did she love goblins this much ?
Well, since I really want to succeed the romance this time, I reload...
I sid I'll throw a rock and didn't do it. I just auto-attack. The two little goblins run away to call the guards... I can't stop them ! Well.. I reload /o/
Ok, let's fight again !
I "love" the fact that the worgs are hitting the door to come fight me but then Hlasin just don't give a crap about it. Obviously this is not the perfect moment to help saving himself u_u
ho crap ! She opened the door !!!! The worgs are free damn !
I win. Let's talk to this not so old druid. Ok, so Shadowheart approves my statement about killing all the goblins... What a strange woman...
I refused the help of Halsin btw, I like to win my fights by my own.
LOOOOOOOOOOOL
So... I was looting and then I leaved and I didn't undersand why the game kept saying me I couldn't save cause of a dialogue...
When suddenly... Where is Gale ???
Ho, he is still in the worg's place. What is he doing ? Talking with Halsin ? Why ???? Oo
HALSIN IS ACCUSING TO STEAL THE GOBLINS ??? HO REALLY DUDE ???
He asked me to kill them but I can't take one or two things in their place... O my god, Larian you're killing me ! xD
I tried to bribe him te jsut forget about all this non-sense but he attacked me...
Ok I'm going to reload I guess...
Ok let's go see Minthara, first time I played I just killed her but apparently a lot of people love her.... I don't get it... She's just an aggressive and authoritary woman...
I just said her I came tqzo kill her and she became mad. So... Time to kill !
Ok despite the fact that I'm loosing, I asked Gale to throw a barrel (yeah I'm trying it) not so far from him.... Duonn why this guy make a step by and die from a counter-attack.... GG Gale.
Ok I still haven't lose cause of a stupid pattern.
Gale and Wyll are unconscious?I wake one of them, Mintharas and a goblin hit them, I wake on of them again, etc...
It's already 10mn.
btw it's amazing, this goblin never miss ! My hero miss more than 50% of his shot even if I'm high with 17 DEX and I'm a ranger ! Damn it... ok 25mn of fights and I finally, miraculously win thanks to the ddeath of Gale...
SAdly, with three mates dead it's just as if I had loose.
Better... reload or not. 25mn of a pityfull fight is enough for one day ! :-/

See you soon !

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard