Page 13 of 24 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 23 24
N
old hand
old hand
N
Originally Posted by communal
Originally Posted by Vhaldez
Thanks to datamining we now know that

the Nightsong recoils in horror when she finds out the tadpole is more powerful than Shar.

With that in mind I am becoming less and less interested in what the Absolute is, as it seems like Larian's fanfiction character now.

It seems a lot more likely that the Nightsong tries to heal you with magic from Shar and it doesn't work than the tadpole literally being more powerful than Shar.

Doesn't the hag say the Tadpole is altered by shadow magic?

A
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
A
She mentions netherese shadow magic, implying a connection to the shadovar. Neteherese wizards in alliance with Shar. Since their city crashed to the east of where the game takes place (as far as I remember) the surviors are struggling to reorganize. They could have something to do with it.

Last edited by ArmouredHedgehog; 31/10/20 02:05 AM.

I sometimes use thought experiments. I don't necessarily believe in every idea I post for discussion on this forum
N
old hand
old hand
N
Originally Posted by ArmouredHedgehog
She mentions netherese shadow magic, implying a connection to the shadovar. Neteherese wizards in alliance with Shar. Since their city crashed to the east of where the game takes place (as far as I remember) the surviors are struggling to reorganize. They could have something to do with it.

Wasnt there a netherese dude who somehow became a Elderbrain Lich?

A
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
A
Ioulaum. We had some theories about his involvement somewhere in the thread. He is located somewhere in the Northdark, to the northwest of where the games act 1 is located
The shadovar and their city crashed near the underdark mindflayer settlement Ryxyg. We know that Larian asked WotC to change some things about it. Ryxyg is not too far from the northdark.

Last edited by ArmouredHedgehog; 31/10/20 02:47 AM.

I sometimes use thought experiments. I don't necessarily believe in every idea I post for discussion on this forum
F
addict
addict
F
Also, mind that the game takes place right after the events of Descent into Avernus; wherein also there are cults to the Dead Three. Now, I doubt we'll be facing a deity [/quote]
Originally Posted by rodeolifant
Now, I doubt we'll be facing a deity, or a trio directly,

Icewind Dale: Rime of Frostmaiden puts the players directly up against a deity, and it covers a similar level range to BG3 (1 to 10+).

It might be significant the the plot of that adventure involves the recovery of Netherise magic, and takes place before Decent to Avernus, and hence before BG3.

Last edited by FrostyFardragon; 31/10/20 08:41 AM.
addict
addict
Originally Posted by N7Greenfire
It seems a lot more likely that the Nightsong tries to heal you with magic from Shar and it doesn't work than the tadpole literally being more powerful than Shar.

"That thing in your head must be incredibly powerful to resist a godess" t. Nightsong (Source)

addict
addict

"That thing in your head must be incredibly powerful to resist a godess" t. Nightsong (Source)

Could just be talking as if her powers = Shar's powers like some clerics/priests tend to do. Gods aren't supposed to interfere directly with the mortal world.

I listened to Mizora's line (Wyll's patron). She mention
that Spike is asking about a weapon that was on the Nautiloid.

There is something weird about that. Everyone know there was a weapon on the ship. Nobody seems to know what it is or who as it.

And the game use the term for two different things in-game:
- the mysterious artifacts
- Shadowheart (someone told her she was a "beautiful weapon" in her mind while in the ship).

F
addict
addict
F
So you are suggesting that
Shadowheart is Nightsong?

N
apprentice
apprentice
N
Originally Posted by azarhal

Could just be talking as if her powers = Shar's powers like some clerics/priests tend to do. Gods aren't supposed to interfere directly with the mortal world.

I listened to Mizora's line (Wyll's patron). She mention
that Spike is asking about a weapon that was on the Nautiloid.

There is something weird about that. Everyone know there was a weapon on the ship. Nobody seems to know what it is or who as it.

And the game use the term for two different things in-game:
- the mysterious artifacts
- Shadowheart (someone told her she was a "beautiful weapon" in her mind while in the ship).

Another fiend who wants...
Shadowheart's damned box.

Shadowheart's box seems to scare Raphael and at some point he asks you to give it to him. Shadowheart specific narrator line: "*You think back on Raphael's offer. The devil covets the artefact - but Shar must come first.*"

https://www.reddit.com/r/BaldursGat...companions_info_from_tag_mining/ga1w00i/

addict
addict
Originally Posted by FrostyFardragon

No, I'm not sure how you are getting that idea.

Nightsong is another servant of Shar.

F
addict
addict
F

I thought you where suggesting that the "two different things in-game" where actually the same thing.

There was a powerful weapon the nautaloid - Shadowheart was on the nautaloid - Nightsong is a powerful weapon - Nightsong is a female person - Shadowheart is a female person

Stranger than life
Stranger than life
Shar is appallingly banal at names. DO NOT invite her to name your kids or pets.

Last edited by Yiasemi; 31/10/20 03:32 PM. Reason: Shar typed as Sahr which I think is an improvement.
addict
addict

I thought you where suggesting that the "two different things in-game" where actually the same thing.

There was a powerful weapon the nautaloid - Shadowheart was on the nautaloid - Nightsong is a powerful weapon - Nightsong is a female person - Shadowheart is a female person

Oh no.

I was talking about the weapon everyone is looking for. It's clearly the artifact for the Githyanki, but it's a bit unclear what is it for the Absolute as their servants seems clueless outside "it was on the ship".

And while the artifact is called a weapon, so was Shadowheart (called a weapon).

So which weapon does the Absolute wants: the artifact or Shadowheart.

A
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
A
Can someone shine more light on what was going on in Rime of the Frostmaiden in so far as it is relevant for the netherese aspect of BG3?
I think we should limit the use of spoiler tags to things that cannot be learned ingame.

Shadowheart being a weapon would tie in with the brainwashing theory and the strange magic effects she experiences sometimes. Especially in proximity to things related to Selune. Why would the Sharrans decide to force recruit a Selunite for a mission?

addict
addict
Originally Posted by ArmouredHedgehog
Can someone shine more light on what was going on in Rime of the Frostmaiden in so far as it is relevant for the netherese aspect of BG3?
I think we should limit the use of spoiler tags to things that cannot be learned ingame.

Shadowheart being a weapon would tie in with the brainwashing theory and the strange magic effects she experiences sometimes. Especially in proximity to things related to Selune. Why would the Sharrans decide to force recruit a Selunite for a mission?

Rime of the Frostmaiden: there is a Netherese floating city that crashed centuries ago (when Netheril was destroyed) over Icewind Dale that is now under the ice. I don't think it has much to do with BG3 personally, as it pre-date the Shadovar (the Netherese who use shadow magic).

Back to Shadowheart
I very much doubt she's a brainwashed Selûnite thanks to datamining. She likes darkness and the Underdark way too much. I'm starting to think she has Shadar-Kai ancestry actually.

She doesn't experience anything near related Selûne things (no reaction at the untouched shrine in the Owlbear cave), only things that shows/mention the passage of the Dark Justiciars. People aren't paying attention to the details here.

Her personal quest at the end of the EA is called Chosen of Shar and Nigthsong calls Ketheric a Chosen of Shar. Ketheric was the leader of those Dark Justiciars. It all look connected to me...and not really relevant to the Absolute. Unless the Absolute and Ketheric are acquainted...

Last edited by azarhal; 31/10/20 09:06 PM.
N
old hand
old hand
N

Oh no.

I was talking about the weapon everyone is looking for. It's clearly the artifact for the Githyanki, but it's a bit unclear what is it for the Absolute as their servants seems clueless outside "it was on the ship".

And while the artifact is called a weapon, so was Shadowheart (called a weapon).

So which weapon does the Absolute wants: the artifact or Shadowheart.

What if its both and the gith artifact holds her real memory/powers

addict
addict

It doesn't.

Take a look to know what is the artifact:
the artifact is a prison for a Githyanki General.

N
old hand
old hand
N

It doesn't.

Whose the source though? The gith grunts?

veteran
veteran
Powerful datamining spells.

apprentice
apprentice

It doesn't.

Which datamining thread confirms that the artefact is a prison for a githyanki general? (Gith herself?)
I know there was a lot of speculation about it being the infernal puzzle box containing the contract between Tiamat and Gith.

Last edited by Priest; 01/11/20 07:43 PM.

- Priest
Page 13 of 24 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 23 24

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard