Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Title says it all. Really.

Cudos to all the health workers in the front line.

Great last words.

Oh no. Not again...
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
There's a couple of drow hats with masks.

J'aime le fromage.
OP Offline
The proper medical Type II facemask?

Great last words.

Oh no. Not again...
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Ayath The Loafer

What?

addict
addict
Hmmm. In the fantasy setting of FR, I think the closest thing to those would be that of a plague doctor cone, and not even that since the knowledge of bacteria/viruses aint really a thing yet. I mean, people skilled in medicine had knowledge in what worked to treat a disease but they often didn't know why it worked. So how would you make it fit into the game?

Last edited by PrivateRaccoon; 30/10/20 03:21 PM.
Cleric of Innuendo
Cleric of Innuendo
It might be a nice little touch to temporarily have surgical masks on sale at the vendors. Not sure how it could be implemented, though.

R
stranger
stranger
R
Condoms on sale at the local vendor would also be great in case that sex scene with your favorite NPC becomes available. Stay safe!

Cleric of Innuendo
Cleric of Innuendo
You guys are aware that the OP is talking about showing support for the health services by having a face mask, aren't you?

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert

tbf it is actually a proven fact* that the medically authorised face-masks are based on the drow design.

* I mean I have the proof right here, though I seem to have dropped it on the floor and the cat just ate it. But it's pretty definitive.

J'aime le fromage.
Cleric of Innuendo
Cleric of Innuendo
I though Drow facemasks featured ball gags as standard.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Sadurian
I though Drow facemasks featured ball gags as standard.

That would make communication difficult, drow would dismiss it as impractical. and then enslave you for your impudence.

What is the problem you are solving? Does your proposed change solve the problem? Is your change feasible? What else will be affected by your change? Will your change impact revenue? Does your change align with the goals and strategies of the organizations (Larian, WotC)?
D
old hand
old hand
D
I mean... if there are already masks in thr bog I dont see a reason whycnot!

addict
addict
You guys are aware that the OP is talking about showing support for the health services by having a face mask, aren't you?

Yes. I am. I'm also aware that this is a feedback and suggestion forum about things we want to see in the final product, a crpg set in medieval high fantasy. Signs of modern medicine ain't one of those things I want. Showing support for and help health services can be done in so much better ways than include "proper medical Type II facemasks" in a video game. A video game that probably won't be finished until at least a year from now where, hopefully, the corona situation is under control. I could have been rude and told him to get out of here but instead I choose to describe why I don't see those kind of masks as feasible in the game. This is after all BG3, not Saints Row 5 or Fortnite.

veteran
veteran
Simple bandana is a staple

shrouds and veils

Helms with visors (maybe that drop in combat and raise in convo?)

Dwarven masks of old

I mean they could add a lot

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by PrivateRaccoon

Yes. I am. I'm also aware that this is a feedback and suggestion forum about things we want to see in the final product, a crpg set in medieval high fantasy. Signs of modern medicine ain't one of those things I want. Showing support for and help health services can be done in so much better ways than include "proper medical Type II facemasks" in a video game. A video game that probably won't be finished until at least a year from now where, hopefully, the corona situation is under control. I could have been rude and told him to get out of here but instead I choose to describe why I don't see those kind of masks as feasible in the game. This is after all BG3, not Saints Row 5 or Fortnite.

How about the logo? There’s already a toy suction cup arrow (is there a proper name for those?)

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Dagless

How about the logo? There’s already a toy suction cup arrow (is there a proper name for those?)

What does Larian Studios company logo has to do with the game they're making? Should they change the logo for every new project?

Or did you mean that Larian should put a mask on the Logo? That, is something I wouldn't object even though it might feel more like they ridicule the use of protective masks

Last edited by PrivateRaccoon; 31/10/20 07:11 AM.
enthusiast
enthusiast

What does Larian Studios company logo has to do with the game they're making? Should they change the logo for every new project?

Or did you mean that Larian should put a mask on the Logo? That, is something I wouldn't object even though it might feel more like they ridicule the use of protective masks

Yeah, I meant if they want to show solidarity or promote safety, the logo might be a better place. It’s more in your face (pun intended) and already in keeping with the style. Maybe temporarily remove the arrow, but slap a mask on the guy instead with the same sound effect or do both.

Still it’s totally up to them whether they want to promote something like this.

As a healthcare worked I see zero point of wearing masks in-game. Those of us that play games (not so many) do it to escape current realities TYVM.

OP Offline
some of you guys must be great fun i MeatSpace.

Vometia more than others. Like your Rudy-impression. Made me laugh.

As a health care face shield provider, I see a lot of point in showing support. But hey. That's me being silly. I know.

Great last words.

Oh no. Not again...
addict
addict
some of you guys must be great fun i MeatSpace.

Vometia more than others. Like your Rudy-impression. Made me laugh.

As a health care face shield provider, I see a lot of point in showing support. But hey. That's me being silly. I know.

Sorry OP. but considering those masks partially contain plastic, a material that wasn't discovered until mid 19th century in meatspace, and the same goes for virology, it doesn't really makes sense seeing them in a fantasy setting that portrays a time era similar to our 13th or 14th century. It's not that I don't understand your wish but I would like to see a game that conforms to the setting already established. Even if that world contains stuff like dragons and shooting fireballs from our fists.

There are games and IP's that don't really take themselves seriously and where the charm is all the goofines and sillyness. D&D Forgotten realms isn't really one of those. Ofc, there have been several easter eggs or dialogue puns referencing the modern world in earlier games but nothing like what you are suggesting.

And whether I'm a fun guy or not at parties. Well. That's not up to me to decide, but I promise you that when I party I don't advocate for semirealism in single player games smile

Last edited by PrivateRaccoon; 31/10/20 05:53 PM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard