Next Thread
Print Thread
J
J3FF4Y Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
J
So I was playing through the game with a friend and we decided to do the goblin path. Earlier in the game while I was in the druid grove I had moved the bear and took that platform the up to leave the area. When we came back to attack the town we first tried the the main entrance to the druid grove and I leeroy jenkinsed it and we got rekt. Well I reloaded my save and notice the platform in the back was still at the top so we attack the druid grove from the back. The original plan was to stealth and take the platform down to attack them, but I noticed I could just use ranged spells and weapons without even taking the platform down. Turns out you can kill all of them from the platform being at the top and only one of them has a bow you kill him first and none of them can attack you from the platform being being at the top. Took the platform down to make the rest of them move into range of us and raised the platform back up to the top and kill the rest. Took absolutely no damage during the encounter. Don't know if that is intended, but maybe give more of them bows or abilities that have the range to hit you from up there. IDK that is just my thoughts.

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
As a person who runs D&D I can tell you that you are correct. Most DM's will have a mix of ranged and melee on enemies. Druids normally have spells and cantrips that are ranged as well.
You also should be commended on your strategy, you may have helped a few others in their current quest smile

J
J3FF4Y Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
J
Thanks. Not sure this has been brought up already. Just kinda stumbled upon it. The druid queen or whatever don't remember her name off the top of my head even used one of her AOE knockback spells on her own people at one point not sure why maybe something to due with being in combat but no one was in range to do anything to us. Also grab the oil barrels near the entrance of the town and threw them down at them they split the oil out without the actual barrels themselves breaking. Not sure if that is just how they interact in that area, but you can even target the intact barrels after the oil has been ignited. You would just think that the barrels would be broken after oil has spilled out of them.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I going to go out on a tenuous limb and say this is probably on purpose. Not everyone is great at combat, and not everyone enjoys it. I think tricks like these are left in for people who are tenacious enough to try everything to get around an encounter.

There is a comparable exploit for the goblin ruins as well. After fighting the Githyanki at the bridge, I jumped across the small divide which leads to the back entrance of the goblin camp. With cantrips and arrows I took out the Ogre and twenty or so goblins from heights they had no pathfinding to reach, eventually went through the broken passage to the top of Priestess Gut's sanctum, then followed rafters and ledges all the way around killing 90% of them without them even knowing they were in combat before dying. I tend to like Splinter Cell opportunities like this and while I am sure I missed out on a ton of cut scenes with all of the named enemies I am not too bitter since I wasn't going to let anyone of them live anyway.

Link Copied to Clipboard