Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
old hand
old hand
Necromancer Wizard
Originally Posted by TheUser
If there isn't faithfully adapted Necromancer Wizard with a properly functioning animate dead spell I will create a petition signed by as many people as required to get one. It is the only reason I want this game to come out at all.

I love playing as a necromancer, but not as fanatical as you are. I will have a serious choice between evocation school and necromancy school for my drow wizard in release. I will need to study the entire list of spells of both schools that I can get during the game ..

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
S
apprentice
apprentice
S
Storm Cleric (Just a cool build, even when it isn't multi-classed with sorcerer)
anything Druid (Circle of the moon is beast)
anything Warlock (Hexblade is probably the best though)

enthusiast
enthusiast
Monk, Way of the Drunken Master and Way of the Shadow.

And for Wizard, School of Necromancy.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Whatever the most insane, out there, alien, etc choices possible.

veteran
Online Content
veteran
On a side note, I rarely like to play monks in these isometric RPGs because almost invariably hand-to-hand combat looks like complete ass.
I wonder if BG3 will continue this long tradition or it will be the breakthrough in the genre.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Zarna
Death Domain Cleric, Aberrant Mind Sorcerer, Shadow Magic Sorcerer, Swashbuckler, Archfey and Hexblade Warlock.

They scrapped Aberrant Mind, unfortunately. Or rather reworked it into Psionic Mind, which doesn't have this GOOlock-equivalent flavour and is likely to have whatever mechanic replaces the psionic die...

When they released the Aberrant Mind UA, I thought it's a nod to BG3 (was around the same time it was revealed), but apparently not.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Uncle Lester
Death Domain Cleric, Aberrant Mind Sorcerer, Shadow Magic Sorcerer, Swashbuckler, Archfey and Hexblade Warlock.

They scrapped Aberrant Mind, unfortunately. Or rather reworked it into Psionic Mind, which doesn't have this GOOlock-equivalent flavour and is likely to have whatever mechanic replaces the psionic die...

When they released the Aberrant Mind UA, I thought it's a nod to BG3 (was around the same time it was revealed), but apparently not.

Well, that sucks. That was my favourite one. frown

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Tuco
On a side note, I rarely like to play monks in these isometric RPGs because almost invariably hand-to-hand combat looks like complete ass.
I wonder if BG3 will continue this long tradition or it will be the breakthrough in the genre.

It looked alright in Pathfinder Kingmaker imo, but the other animations were pretty bare-bones so it's not like it had great competition.

Last edited by Svalr; 31/10/20 12:18 PM.
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Uncle Lester

Well, that sucks. That was my favourite one. frown

Yeah... I don't play tabletop, but I learned about 5e and follow UA. I was really hyped to see Aberrant Mind in BG3. It's so fitting! Alas, now I doubt we're going to see it. Eh, maybe they'll reflavour Psionic Mind slightly... but I wouldn't be too optimistic.

R
stranger
stranger
R
Facetious answer; all of them.

Realistic answer;
I think I read somewhere that they aim to add all the PHB stuff, which is nice. That being said I would like to see a few non-PHB ones added in to even things out a bit. The cleric and wizard both get tons of subclasses but most of the other classes only get 2 or 3. A couple that spring to mind that I'd like would be hexblade or celestial warlock, scout rogue, divine soul sorc and conquest paladin.

Wishful thinking, but it would be fantastic if they could add in artificer, but maybe that is a job for modders later.

addict
addict
I know it's no longer in 5e but I loved the pale master.

stranger
stranger
I'm curious to see how Larian will do Wild Mages and the Assassin subclasses.

Personally? I want Moon Druids so bad.

T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T
Originally Posted by CinderV

At least in a videogame, you don't get scenarios where the assassin player argues with the DM for 10 minutes to determine if that first attack is a surprise or not haha.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Pale Master.
Dragon disciple.
Assassin.

Just had a thought, the necromancer book of Thay could be a Pale Masters grimoire and a necromacer wizard could take up the cause. Be a really cool subquest "becoming undeath".

T
stranger
stranger
T
Originally Posted by Topgoon

At least in a videogame, you don't get scenarios where the assassin player argues with the DM for 10 minutes to determine if that first attack is a surprise or not haha.

Not that I condone arguing with the DM but I can see why this would happen. The current way it's technically set up makes the feature very bad.

I know so many DM's who rule surprise differently than the Rules as Written in the player's handbook because the current ones make no sense.

In current 5e D&D if you are hidden, and fire a bow to start combat, from 300ft away, at a target that can't see you, if the target beats the assassin in initiative they technically aren't surprised even though they still haven't acted in the combat and are taking an arrows to the back.

The current assassin feature at level 3, as it stands, requires way too many things to go right for the player to succeed on what is already a once per fight feature...

B
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
B
I also just saw wild barbarian and it looks fun and random as hell, and i realize how much i want more random "wild" classes, but you know what be really neat? divinity original sin based subclasses

I'm a skeleton in flesh armor
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Topgoon

I wonder how long OneManArmy argues with the DM about how his character should be getting spanked by random NPCs hehehe biggrin .

journeyman
journeyman
I would like to at least get Pact of the Blade. The subclasses I want are not PHB so will likely not be in the game.

The New Bladesinger would be cool (Especially if we get Shadow Blade and The cantrips booming blade and green flame blade).

Hexblade would rock.

Inquisitor for Rogues.

College of Swords for Bard.

My favorite Subclass for Sorcs is in PHB so hopefully we will get it. (Dragon)

stranger
stranger
From the PhB?

Oath of the Ancients Paladin
Draconic Sorcerer
Assassination Rogue

N
N
i think the more the merrier when it comes to subclasses (and for possible multi-classing combos - arcana domain EK) so i hope that larian starts with the PHB and branches out to other source material (i would be particularly surprised if the SwordCoast material isnt included) for not just classes but also for races eventually too.

just to throw it out there, are we sure wotc will be comfortable with mods that add classes and races not found in the base game? there was some talk of this on the modding bg3 thread and folks in this thread and others have talked about how modders will work to fill in gaps for the community (which i would be all about as i think modders really add longevity to a game's lifecycle) for missing classes or missing races, but wouldnt this possibly conflict or infringe on additional classes/races larian/wotc may be looking to add post launch? personally, id also be interested in larian/wotc perspective given the large modding community so hopefully we can look for comments regarding mod potential in future dev updates

Last edited by nation; 01/11/20 10:37 PM. Reason: sp
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard