Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
W
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
W
So It's not the biggest of complaints but as a fan of Rapiers and fencing, in general, I felt it's worth putting out there. Why on earth is Wyll the only character in the game who holds and attacks with a rapier properly? Other characters seem to hold it as if they have a shield equipped as well even if they don't.

Again tiniest of complaints which have no real effect on gameplay or anything like that but I have to say it does irk me slightly. Hopefully, this 'issue' gets more attention than it deserves because otherwise, I've thoroughly enjoyed the game.

stranger
stranger
The simple answer is probably "because adding extra animations to the game is difficult and resource-consuming, so rapiers are animated like shortswords and daggers".

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Contra
The simple answer is probably "because adding extra animations to the game is difficult and resource-consuming, so rapiers are animated like shortswords and daggers".

As the OP said tho, Wyll already has the animations so they do exist.

veteran
veteran
I wonder whether Wyll is the only one with the animation, or if it's the default male animation for this weapon. either way, it's true, if you already went through the trouble of animating it, I don't see why not allow everyone who uses a rapier to have the animations for it.

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."

Link Copied to Clipboard