Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 15 of 20 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 19 20
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by KingTiki
Holy Horniness, Batman.

I hope y'all are aware that there are corners of the Internet, where you can get all the animated waifu videos that you want, right?

Seriously: no worries the mods are already in the making, but lets not have big tiddie cleavage heavy armor please.

There are some situations where attractive civil clothes would be a great idea, like having a quest at a noble's party in Baldur's Gate.

But to be honest, most fanart and pictures that are shared by OP and others here are cringe inducing.

+1

D
old hand
old hand
D
I personally find cosplayers who wear practical armours to be alot sexier then the ones wearing chainmail bikinis.

But might just be me!

It's pretty ridiculous for melee types to wear bikini metal - unless theyre a berserker type - but I think it makes a lot of sense for casters AS AN OPTION. Mages are sensitive, intuitive, and I think it's realistic for female mages to potentially prefer more revealing clothing. It can be a reflection of their artistic mind. I could completely believe a female mage evoking their artistic beauty by choosing to reveal more of their bodies.

Typically. male bodies are just not as artistically beautiful - powerful and attractive in different ways, but not really in a natural physical form sense. Of course, there could be half-naked male mages too, though Id guess any of them which chose that would end up celebrating a more feminine quality of beauty within themselves.

Soo - I think it makes sense for magic users, berserkers, or pretty unique and skilled assassin types! Even still, though, it'd be quite a statement of character. Which SHOULD have a place!

addict
addict
Originally Posted by The Drow Warlock

Typically. male bodies are just not as artistically beautiful - powerful and attractive in different ways, but not really in a natural physical form sense.

That, is simply not true, It's completely up to the eye of the beholder and also affected by the conditioning of what people now a days see as stereotypical masculine and feminine. A fashion designer would have no problem making a long sleeved, low cut, high slit dress that perfectly conforms to a male model's psychical features. But the majority would still question, "why is he wearing a gown? That is for women only."

Another note is about berserkers. Berserk comes from nordic languages like swedish and literally means "bear shirt". It's a misconception that berserkers fought barebreasted or without armor. They didn't. They wore armor like all the other soldiers but just before combat and sometimes even during it, they also dressed themselves in bear pelts as symbols of the strength of the animal. And in close combat they roared and showed their grins to scare their combatant as well as fighting ferociously without minding about non deadly injuries, fighting until either the enemy or they themselves lied dead.

Last edited by PrivateRaccoon; 31/10/20 02:27 AM.
I despise sexy armor. If there is sexy armor then it shouldn't have an armor class since it doesn't cover anything.

Originally Posted by PrivateRaccoon

Typically. male bodies are just not as artistically beautiful - powerful and attractive in different ways, but not really in a natural physical form sense.

That, is simply not true, It's completely up to the eye of the beholder and also affected by the conditioning of what people now a days see as stereotypical masculine and feminine.

I'd hope it's safe enough to suggest curves are naturally more beautiful than straight lines - at least to humans - they are more interesting. That doesn't mean we cant be very attracted to straight lines for whatever legitimate reason. The issue here is being able to define "beauty". I think it's somewhat possible, though you and others may think there is no objective standard. I think that's fairly preposterous, but no matter.

Take berserkers off the list, fine, but leave mages who may feel open and unique enough to not mind wearing revealing clothing! Armor class 0, sure - except for enchantments! And very unique rogue badasses may choose to wear little also.

And sure, give men revealing options too then.

K
K
enchanted banana hammock or mankini , lets go.

addict
addict

That, is simply not true, It's completely up to the eye of the beholder and also affected by the conditioning of what people now a days see as stereotypical masculine and feminine.

I'd hope it's safe enough to suggest curves are naturally more beautiful than straight lines - at least to humans - they are more interesting. That doesn't mean we cant be very attracted to straight lines for whatever legitimate reason. The issue here is being able to define "beauty". I think it's somewhat possible, though you and others may think there is no objective standard. I think that's fairly preposterous, but no matter.

Take berserkers off the list, fine, but leave mages who may feel open and unique enough to not mind wearing revealing clothing! Armor class 0, sure - except for enchantments! And very unique rogue badasses may choose to wear little also.

It's naturally more beautiful to you. That's because "defining beauty" is completely subjective. You can find a norm that is hold by the majority for sure. But it's still subjective. Should I take your response as women without curves ain't beautiful? Well maybe not to you, but to others they are.

As to whether which classes should be allowed to wear revealing clothing I would say, all of them. Anything else is just unfair. But the repercussions of that choice becomes limited for some classes that don't need armor protection, like sorcs and wizards and to some degree, stealthy characters that would never freely choose to engage an enemy in open combat. If you wanna fight a monster in only your underwear. Go ahead, who am I to stop you. But don't expect to survive the encounter.
I don't mind if someone wants to run around in a plate-tini(even though I do question the level of maturity of that person) but I do mind if that item suddenly is offered me in a medieval fantasy game. Like, where did this come from. Who created it and why? What purpose does it fulfill in this world?

So you are right about clothing which leads us to the next point.

As it has been pointed out several times, the objection I have isn't only about perceived realism in a fantasy game(even though it certainly carries a weight to follow the setting, otherwise we can start incorporating machine guns as well, because why not) but even more so about the constant objectification of(especially females) bodies in media. It needs to stop. Women play video games too. Gamergate was a real thing and it showed the gaming industry that women are fed up with out dated misogynistic perceiving of the female role and function in games. And I, even though I'm a man, agree with them.

So. I certainly also want to see more variation in clothing/armor. Different colors, materials, models, cultural influences etc. But I have no need of them to be revealing to be considered sexy. Who says the robes we have now ain't sexy enough?

D
D
On the topic of male vs female, I would generally avoid having male only or female only clothing unless there's a physical reason for it. Rather allow players to decide whether a piece fits their character or not than a gender classification.

addict
addict
Lae'zel have good outfit, no? I mean like ‘sexy good’ u know.

It doesn't really matter to me. Only the mages ' armor looks boring. They're just drab robes. I want armor to look more interesting. But sexy? Astarion already looks quite sexy in drow armor so…

I don't speak english well, but I try my best. Ty
D
old hand
old hand
D

It's naturally more beautiful to you. That's because "defining beauty" is completely subjective. You can find a norm that is hold by the majority for sure. But it's still subjective. Should I take your response as women without curves ain't beautiful? Well maybe not to you, but to others they are.

As to whether which classes should be allowed to wear revealing clothing I would say, all of them. Anything else is just unfair. But the repercussions of that choice becomes limited for some classes that don't need armor protection, like sorcs and wizards and to some degree, stealthy characters that would never freely choose to engage an enemy in open combat. If you wanna fight a monster in only your underwear. Go ahead, who am I to stop you. But don't expect to survive the encounter.
I don't mind if someone wants to run around in a plate-tini(even though I do question the level of maturity of that person) but I do mind if that item suddenly is offered me in a medieval fantasy game. Like, where did this come from. Who created it and why? What purpose does it fulfill in this world?

So you are right about clothing which leads us to the next point.

As it has been pointed out several times, the objection I have isn't only about perceived realism in a fantasy game(even though it certainly carries a weight to follow the setting, otherwise we can start incorporating machine guns as well, because why not) but even more so about the constant objectification of(especially females) bodies in media. It needs to stop. Women play video games too. Gamergate was a real thing and it showed the gaming industry that women are fed up with out dated misogynistic perceiving of the female role and function in games. And I, even though I'm a man, agree with them.

So. I certainly also want to see more variation in clothing/armor. Different colors, materials, models, cultural influences etc. But I have no need of them to be revealing to be considered sexy. Who says the robes we have now ain't sexy enough?

Hate to break it to you but gamergate wasent about woman beeing fed up with anything and defenitly not misogyny. It was about gamers beeing fed up with the incestious relationship between game developers and game 'journalists' and that people were fed up with their favourite medium beeing hijacked by these people. They made gaming journalism a joke and sadly most of it still is just that...

The idea that gamers as a whole dont appreciate woman if they arent rubbing around in bikinis is laughably false. If that were the case icons like Samus or princess zelda wouldnt be popular at all, but the opposite is true.

To bring it back on topic, im sure baldurs gate will have a *cough* more adult part of time where scantly clad people (both male and female) are bound to be found. For a set of armor to be scatnly clad though it either needs to be heavily enchanted or done as a joke because in terms of protection its not very practical

apprentice
apprentice
There is a lot about the game that needs to be changed and i mean A FKIN LOT but this for sure is not one of the them

old hand
old hand
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
enthusiast
enthusiast
Illusion magic can make you....... or anyone else, look like anyone. You can make a 400lb battle scarred 8 foot half-ork barbarian female look like a half elf wearing two sickers and a thong. If fact that would be hilarious, just wait till we get to the bedroom sweety.

Unsuspecting perv - "Arrrrr wtf is that"
Orkzilla - "Too late late now stumpy I got you for dippin..."
Unsuspecting perv - "Put me down......Arrrrr squelch.......by the go.....squelch.
Roll 20 to escape - rolls 4
Unsuspecting perv - "damn you D20....squelch".

Narrator - Man leaves the bedroom dipping with goop and the curse of PTSD briefly turning to see his lover eating a cow leg and smoking a pipe.

But seriously sexy armor is a modder thing it doesn't make much sense outside of sorcs, monks and mages. Clothes maybe.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Soul-Scar
Illusion magic can make you....... or anyone else, look like anyone. You can make a 400lb battle scarred 8 foot half-ork barbarian female look like a half elf wearing two sickers and a thong. If fact that would be hilarious, just wait till we get to the bedroom sweety.

Unsuspecting perv - "Arrrrr wtf is that"
Orkzilla - "Too late late now stumpy I got you for dippin..."
Unsuspecting perv - "Put me down......Arrrrr squelch.......by the go.....squelch.
Roll 20 to escape - rolls 4
Unsuspecting perv - "damn you D20....squelch".

Narrator - Man leaves the bedroom dipping with goop and the curse of PTSD briefly turning to see his lover eating a cow leg and smoking a pipe.

But seriously sexy armor is a modder thing it doesn't make much sense outside of sorcs, monks and mages. Clothes maybe.

Yes, it suits sorceresses as there is a logical explanation. Everyone loved Morrigan's clothing design and no one criticized. If it's just clothes, that's fine too. But if you are a warrior, then you need such elegant solutions for armor as Shadow Heart (in art) and Minthara. Gityanka's female armor also looks pretty good.

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
V
stranger
stranger
V
This is a bait/joke post, right? I'm not going to read 15 pages of it to find out.

Please keep this BS out of the game.

F
apprentice
apprentice
F
Broh you are litteraly twisting what he said, ı am in the same opinion, makin love is a normal thing, not like the slaying monsters while pointlessly naked.

I am not opposing the sexuality or nudity just it would be so glaring that can fend off all the haviness of the story and the staidness.

I mean this is a ROLE PLAY, and I can't even think how can you get yourself in the story and in the lore, the universe while that you re talking about.

At least ı can't because of the even a bit realistic expectations of the rpg world that ı am in while playing .

journeyman
journeyman
Well, I noticed they're not completely averse to characters in skimpy attire - Nightsong for example.
(Spoilers!)

[Linked Image]

And while maybe not sexy, some of the armor designs are pretty impressive.
(Also spoilers!)

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Hrungr; 01/11/20 07:47 AM.
addict
addict
Ok so having sexy female armor is not realistic.... WTF!!!!??? What a bunch of picky BS.

Ok lets be reaslistic.
HOW CAN YOU CARRY SO MUCH ITEM CRAP IN YOUR BACKPACK?? A BACKPACK THAT YOU CANT EVEN SEE ON YOUR CHARACTER. Yea thats incredibly reaslistic.
You know how much 5000 gold coins weight?
With all that food, shouldn't it just rot after a couple of days???? How does FOOD give you HP????
Potions??? WTF. How can you successfully carry potions without having them break during combat???

Sexy male/female is part of the fantasy world we all love. It doesnt have to be ALL of the armor. Just some of it.

Last edited by mr_planescapist; 01/11/20 08:09 AM.
journeyman
journeyman
Just use mods like those nasty, lore-breaking mods that were made for Skyrim. I don't agree with this at all and if anything, I'm so glad Baldur's Gate doesn't feed into the oversexualization of female characters like almost every other game does. I am so SICK of it.

Page 15 of 20 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 19 20

Link Copied to Clipboard