Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
F
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
F
the male githyanki are skiny, but all armor looks HUGE on them. Like it's modeled for a big human. looks ridiculous smile

stranger
stranger
+1 Gith Males seem to use the same fitting for armors as Humans and Elves and they are simply too tall and skinny for that. Their helmets also end up quite large for their heads.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Their hips are ridiculously narrow too lol.
I suppose that maybe it's just a thing with Male Githyankis but damn.

Something else that bothers me in regards to their armor is the ugly white baggy pants in their cultural armor.
I looked up the concept art for it and they don't wear pants in the concept art, the female version is a lot more accurate to the concept art.
The white baggy pants really looks out of place and compromises the design imo.

[Linked Image]

I dunno why they did this, do they think that people are scared of male legs lol?
It's a tiny bit amusing I guess because normally it's female characters getting covered up even for just minor skin exposure, but this is a reverse example and I don't like it either.
It just looks worse imo.

Edit: Btw, Vometia clarified this.

'' Going by the texture names, they may be different sets of armour: the female version is "Githyanki Halfplate" and the male version is "Githyanki Astral Plane". I'm not sure if that's just the way it is (both models have the same name) or whether we can expect to see male & female versions of both. There are some indications that the armour is still unfinished. ''

Last edited by Svalr; 01/11/20 10:32 AM.
apprentice
apprentice
I think the gith armor looks bad on all male characters, not just gith.

That being said I hope you can change your characters physique in the future.

Verily it is written that the Omnissiah grants his blessing to those who come well-equipped with explosives. -Aphorisms 96.9
veteran
veteran
The gith armor looks terrible in general on male characters. They look like a barrel

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
journeyman
journeyman
I agree male gith armor is terrible on everybody. Maybe only dwarf male is OK because you expect some bulkiness on dwarf but still..

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Abits
The gith armor looks terrible in general on male characters. They look like a barrel

Yeah it kinda blew my mind.
I had to double-check because I remembered it from the Githyanki patrol, so I made a Male Githyanki character to check for myself.
It's kinda sad because the armor looks incredible on female characters and is very accurate to the concept art, but then the male version looks incredible in the concept art too but in-game looks wonky.

Link Copied to Clipboard