Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
T
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
If I had known this game would have been implemented like this, I would not have bought EA. Even in a few patches, such a stupid rule change is not mentioned, no feedback is given, and I just want my money back so I don't give fuck.

So, please?

Last edited by tryndatermeirer; 01/11/20 11:15 AM.
C
CMF Offline
C
If you purchased it on steam and have not played excessive hours, you are able to return it via steam store. Go to your steam library, click on the game. In the game page at top there is a support link. From there say "not what I expected" and "request a refund".

If you played more than an hour or so you probably can't return via that avenue.

D
D
Originally Posted by CMF
If you played more than an hour or so you probably can't return via that avenue.

2 hours. Which should be enough time to notice the game isn't 1:1 5e rules

I
old hand
old hand
I
The limit is 2 hours.

Should have bought it on GOG, there you can always return early access games before their release unless you played them excessively.

Cleric of Innuendo
Cleric of Innuendo
You may be confusing the game's developers with the distributers. They are not the same thing. You do not buy the game from the developers.

D
old hand
old hand
D
EA is barely a month in and people are already asking for refunds...

Maybe reading the warning popups before proceeding to buy an EA game is an idea?

journeyman
journeyman

Originally Posted by denhonator
Originally Posted by CMF

2 hours. Which should be enough time to notice the game isn't 1:1 5e rules

Steam refunds are usually not that precise about gametime. I've returned a game I played for 3 hours in the past. 3-4 hours will probably be fine for a return as long as you've only had the game for a day or two.

It’s Early access. Stop whining and go get your refund from the distributor not the developers, you simpleton.

enthusiast
enthusiast
2 hours on steam, barely enough time to pass character creation. I have tried getting a refund after 3 hours on other games and been told absolutely not. It is what it is.

Originally Posted by Demoulius

Maybe reading the warning popups before proceeding to buy an EA game is an idea?

"We are going to do BG3."

I know what I read, I kow what I get, I know what I refund.

Maybe holding promises before proceeding to release an EA game is an idea ?

Just saying.

old hand
old hand
So why didn't you just watch some of the literally thousands of hours of gameplay videos on YouTube before you made your buy decision?

There are times where I wish people had to go through what some of us went through before the internet, where unless one of your buds locally bought the game and warned you off of it, you were doomed with bad games. Today, a couple of hours on YouTube can aid in the "buy, don't buy" decision, but for some reason, it's always "someone else's job" to determine if you're going to be happy with something.

That said, good luck getting your refund, and there's no sarcasm there. My only other wish, on this avenue, would be the requirement of a registered copy of the game, through whatever vendor, in order to post on the forums. Especially in an EA situation, where it's really hard for someone to provide feedback on a game that they don't own. We don't need MetaCritic 2.0, after all.

D
D
Originally Posted by Zefhyr

Just saying.

Unfortunately for you, the game not being exactly what you wanted from BG3 does not break any promises on Larian's side

D
old hand
old hand
D

Just saying.

If thats all you read in the EA warning you need to work on your reading skills friend.

Unfortunately for you, the game not being exactly what you wanted from BG3 does not break any promises on Larian's side

Too many people are condescending on the forums which I regret.
Did I say it was not "exactly what I wanted" ?
I don't event know what you mean by "exactly what I wanted".

I wanted one thing, to be able to play a new BG game.
I didnt and still don't really care about the rules, the rtwp, the place the character, the colors, the whatever you want as long as it feels like a BG game.
For now, it doesn't. It may become a good game but for now, it may be not and may not become a BG game.
So yeah, Larian breaks a promise and a big one and it have nothing to do with "what I wanted".
It have to do with what they engaged themselves for.

Originally Posted by T2aV
It’s Early access. Stop whining and go get your refund from the distributor not the developers, you simpleton.

There needs to be a like button or a way to upvote comments lol

Just saying.

If thats all you read in the EA warning you need to work on your reading skills friend.

Did I say that ? Can you quote the comment where I say that ?
No you can't.
I just underline which is the major point of the promise of Larian work.
The rest doesn't matter as long as they don't keep this promise because it's the most important, its the one promise which concentrate and at the same time answer all of the others points.

If you actually miss this point, you miss the main purpose of this dev and so you need to read on your reading skills (since you put words in my miouh I didn't used) and your analysis skills (since you seem to be unable to find the most important point of a topic) "friend".

PS : funniest is you didn't even deny what I'm saying.

D
old hand
old hand
D
Whatever or not it feels like a baldurs gate game to you is irrelevant. It is a baldurs gate game. They gave you what they promised and warned you upfront of the state of the game.

You clicked 'ok I accept' only reading 'we are going to do bg3' so thats on you. Not them.

By all means try to get a refund but dont try to turn this into them lying to you...

Originally Posted by T2aV

So full of yourself.

apprentice
apprentice
Whatever or not it feels like a baldurs gate game to you is irrelevant. It is a baldurs gate game. They gave you what they promised and warned you upfront of the state of the game.

You clicked 'ok I accept' only reading 'we are going to do bg3' so thats on you. Not them.

By all means try to get a refund but dont try to turn this into them lying to you...

No its not? Its BG in name only

Its Divinity OS in FR thats what it is

D
D

Too many people are condescending on the forums which I regret.
Did I say it was not "exactly what I wanted" ?
I don't event know what you mean by "exactly what I wanted".

I wanted one thing, to be able to play a new BG game.
I didnt and still don't really care about the rules, the rtwp, the place the character, the colors, the whatever you want as long as it feels like a BG game.
For now, it doesn't. It may become a good game but for now, it may be not and may not become a BG game.
So yeah, Larian breaks a promise and a big one and it have nothing to do with "what I wanted".
It have to do with what they engaged themselves for.

Thing is, you don't decide what is and isn't BG. But if it doesn't feel like BG to you, that would imply you didn't get exactly what you wanted. You wanted a game that feels like BG to you, but it doesn't. However, the game is still BG no matter how you feel

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard