Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
L
L
I understand the OP's disappointment, but this is obviously not the place to ask for a refund.

veteran
veteran
How do these topics get so many comments. There is nothing here

Last edited by Abits; 01/11/20 07:19 PM.

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by BraveSirRobin
Originally Posted by T2aV
It’s Early access. Stop whining and go get your refund from the distributor not the developers, you simpleton.

There needs to be a like button or a way to upvote comments lol

I agree. Funny the OP isn't commenting on the other users saying how you can get a refund for the game.

F
journeyman
journeyman
F
Mass Effect 2 wasn't like 1 but it was still good, 3 wasn't as good as 2 or 1 though and the ending was just bad. Saints Row 3 was decent but not as good as 2, 4 was not a Saints Row game but people loved it. Fable 3 was a decline from 2 and 1 and kind of killed the series. Borderlands the Pre-sequel was better than 2 and 1, and 3's story is garbage but the gameplay is the best of the series. Halo has arguably declined since 3 or ODST, I didn't mind 4 or 5 but they are forgettable. Dead Rising 1 and OTR are the best while 2 and 3 are good, 4 was an abomination that I still have never touched it. Point is everybody has opinions on games about which are good and which are bad. If you purchase something you always take a chance, if you made assumptions and now regret that than oh well, you can't win everything. Buying into hype or expecting something to be a specific way is a personal issue many have. Unfortunately the internet is a place where people hop on and complain endlessly when things do not meet their exact expectations. End of the day this is Baldur's Gate 3 and that is simply how it is, your arguing that it isn't doesn't change this and never will. Just as it doesn't change the fact that Gat out of Hell, Dead Rising 4 and Mass Effect 3's ending still exist. It is also likely that Vampires The Masquerade Bloodlines 2 is going to be a disappointment which is tragic but there is nothing to be done about it. As for refunds, Steam's 2 hours or 12(I think?) days of just having it is acceptable though some games I think 3 hours would be better to get in and see how things are looking.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
It’s Early access. Stop whining and go get your refund from the distributor not the developers, you simpleton.

Probably not the most diplomatic means of phrasing it. :|

J'aime le fromage.
D
old hand
old hand
D
Originally Posted by Divine Star

I agree. Funny the OP isn't commenting on the other users saying how you can get a refund for the game.

OP has 1 post. I think he/she made the post to look for a refund, not understanding that this messageboard isent the proper place for that.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Demoulius
Originally Posted by Divine Star

OP has 1 post. I think he/she made the post to look for a refund, not understanding that this messageboard isent the proper place for that.

Oh I thought Zefhyr was an OP alt with how they were defensively responding to people in the thread. Mistook them for the OP.

D
old hand
old hand
D
Yeah took me a few replies before I found that out myself. My points dont change though biggrin

No. I just doesn't appreciate the way some people talked to the others. smile

The OP don't even whine. He just express his deception and ask for a refund. I may be not the right place for this kind of question but it's not a reason to freely bash him.

There was no need to begin to argue with him or being full of itself.

It's, from my point of view, a bad attitude, too common on the forums and which doesn't help to improve things in any way. It's just an easy and confortable way to feel better. frown

Luckily there are other people like you who seems to be full of kindliness.

PS : Demoulius, no wonder your point don't change tough, you twist my words, not answered my question, not apology but keep making statements.
Funniest is you didn't even deny what I'm saying. You just keep acting full of yourself.
btw, I thought it was Larian's job to hold the promise made by Larian (and yeah it should be disturbing than lot of BG-fans (not just me) didn't feel BG in BG3. But it's sure far easier to deny the subject and moke them than thiking it through.)
My bad so.

Last edited by Zefhyr; 01/11/20 08:18 PM.
addict
addict
BG is dungeons & dragons - BG3 is Dungeons & Dragons. If you're a fan of D&D you should be happy with BG3 ..even if its not BG 1&2 - its a decent sized studio trying to make a great game in a genre we all want to succeed - correct ?

Get on board people.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by vometia

Probably not the most diplomatic means of phrasing it. :|

Eh, maybe. But let's be honest about it.
It's not like these threads are actually aimed at asking for a refund.

They are to tell everyone that they totally will, because you need to hear how disappointed they are in the game. YOU. NEED. TO.
If that's not being a simpleton, then it's being childish about it.

Last edited by Tuco; 02/11/20 06:21 AM.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
addict
addict
In this thread, people who were expecting a simple upscale of the Infinity Engine with a 5e paint job are upset that games have evolved over the course of two decades.

I don't want to fall to bits 'cos of excess existential thought.

L
L
Originally Posted by Tzelanit
In this thread, people who were expecting a simple upscale of the Infinity Engine with a 5e paint job are upset that games have evolved over the course of two decades.
Not really, that's more something you invented without actually reading the posts in the thread.

N
old hand
old hand
N
Originally Posted by tryndatermeirer
If I had known this game would have been implemented like this, I would not have bought EA. Even in a few patches, such a stupid rule change is not mentioned, no feedback is given, and I just want my money back so I don't give fuck.

So, please?

based on the D&D 5e ruleset. Team-based initiative, advantage & disadvantage, and roll modifiers join combat cameras, expanded environmental interactions, and a new fluidity in combat that rewards strategy and foresight.

Pulled directly off the steam page, they told you, you just didn't bother reading

N
old hand
old hand
N
Originally Posted by arajaja
Originally Posted by Demoulius
Whatever or not it feels like a baldurs gate game to you is irrelevant. It is a baldurs gate game. They gave you what they promised and warned you upfront of the state of the game.

You clicked 'ok I accept' only reading 'we are going to do bg3' so thats on you. Not them.

By all means try to get a refund but dont try to turn this into them lying to you...

No its not? Its BG in name only

Its Divinity OS in FR thats what it is

the license holders obviously disagree with you, not to be rude but your opinion means nothing like it or don't but this is bg

N7Greenfire
Well his opinion matters as the opinion of all the gamers obviously.
You people are so aggressive and narrow-minded.

Tuco
No one forced you to click on tthis threzd or comment it but it looks like YOU. NEED. IT. ^^"

Last edited by Zefhyr; 02/11/20 09:33 AM.
addict
addict
DOS3 : A DnD tale of Baldurs gate *Minsc included!!

5e in this game is just <dressing> basically. Just watch 5e lovers complaining more and more while Larian does nothing/worsens the DnD mechanics situation to suite a <broader> console audience.
Mechanic changes need to happen by next month, otherwise what we are seeing is probably 80% of what we WILL get. Starting next year <we have no more time, so bug fixing time!> argument starts.

I am seeing more and more positive threads on this forum while the game has barely mechanically changed (many say has worsened). This can mean only one thing. Fans of Baldurs gate and DnD are quickly giving up on the game leaving the forum , while broader RPG fans <<DOS/ Witcher/ Dragon age / console gamers / Mass effect / Skyrim etc...>>are really enjoying the game for what it is: A cringy cinematic piece of shit acting DnD wannabe set in a plasticy static world of Faerun populated by sex craving selfish and drama filled humanoids. Now THAT sells!

Last edited by mr_planescapist; 02/11/20 10:40 AM.
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Tarorn

Get on board people.

Nope.

D
old hand
old hand
D
Originally Posted by Zefhyr
No. I just doesn't appreciate the way some people talked to the others. smile

The OP don't even whine. He just express his deception and ask for a refund. I may be not the right place for this kind of question but it's not a reason to freely bash him.

There was no need to begin to argue with him or being full of itself.

It's, from my point of view, a bad attitude, too common on the forums and which doesn't help to improve things in any way. It's just an easy and confortable way to feel better. frown

Luckily there are other people like you who seems to be full of kindliness.

PS : Demoulius, no wonder your point don't change tough, you twist my words, not answered my question, not apology but keep making statements.
Funniest is you didn't even deny what I'm saying. You just keep acting full of yourself.
btw, I thought it was Larian's job to hold the promise made by Larian (and yeah it should be disturbing than lot of BG-fans (not just me) didn't feel BG in BG3. But it's sure far easier to deny the subject and moke them than thiking it through.)
My bad so.

I literally quoted a post from you and you ask me to point to where you said it. I dident twist anything. I dident agree with it in the slightest, im saying the exact opposite of what you are. The question you keep referencing I also dont see but I might be missing that one somewhere.

Im not 'acting full of myself' either lol. But you are free to vieuw it as such if you want. I just find it kind of funny that someone who says that their opinion is infact, fact. Because you say so; calls someone else full of themself. Sounds like projection to me.

You come across as someone (and I dont say this to be offensive) who is either a massive troll or someone who cant read forumposts right.And you attack anyone who dares disagree with your opinion.

journeyman
journeyman
Oh, I just write in another thread here: The longer I play BG3 (over 100h now) the more I feel Larian does use DnD only as a flavour, not an actual mechanic which drives the game. The game is driven by story and visuals. Frankly, it may worked out for them. Even tabletop DnD can be driven solely by story and fantasy with minimal usage of actual rules. It's just not what we nerds are expecting.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard