Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 21 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 20 21
old hand
old hand
Have there been any data mining stuff about Minthara?

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
Vhaldez Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Have there been any data mining stuff about Minthara?
My main source has nothing on her yet, sorry.

addict
addict
So I succumbed to use the extract tool to check things myself.

I think GLO is in front of a lots of characters that show up at the camp like Volo, dog or the owlbear cub (and the Hag????).

Someone in the Absolute thread asked about Shadowheart's mysterious artifact origins. There is a synopsis for a scene that explains what it is
"synopsis" : {"type" : "LSString", "value" : "Shadowheart appears at the player's campsite one night after they missed all other opportunites to recruit her in their party. She seems unhinged, paranoid - convinced that we intend to steal something important that she possesses. We may learn that the item she refers to is the mysterious cube - a sentient gith artefact that's manipulating her into appearing to us and forcing a confrontation. The cube contains the long-imprisoned spirit of a gith general, who wants to fall into our party's hands in an effort to eventually break free. He's forcing Shadowheart to either join the party or get killed by the party - either way, the cube will be where it wants to be."}

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by azarhal

I think GLO is in front of a lots of characters that show up at the camp like Volo, dog or the owlbear cub (and the Hag????).

Someone in the Absolute thread asked about Shadowheart's mysterious artifact origins. There is a synopsis for a scene that explains what it is
"synopsis" : {"type" : "LSString", "value" : "Shadowheart appears at the player's campsite one night after they missed all other opportunites to recruit her in their party. She seems unhinged, paranoid - convinced that we intend to steal something important that she possesses. We may learn that the item she refers to is the mysterious cube - a sentient gith artefact that's manipulating her into appearing to us and forcing a confrontation. The cube contains the long-imprisoned spirit of a gith general, who wants to fall into our party's hands in an effort to eventually break free. He's forcing Shadowheart to either join the party or get killed by the party - either way, the cube will be where it wants to be."}

Awesome, thanks!
Also, I think GLO could mean global, i.e., things that can show up from your camp from anywhere in the game (not confined to a single zone).

- Priest
N
old hand
old hand
N

Wait is that the voice that tells her she will be a beautiful weapon?

N
apprentice
apprentice
N
Originally Posted by N7Greenfire

Wait is that the voice that tells her she will be a beautiful weapon?

That was an illithid voice which seemed to have disclosed their plan for her.
The artifact is less nice.

addict
addict
Datamining is fun...and evil...and addictive. crazy

Apparently, Lae'zel and Shadowheart can end up trying to kill each others in the camp. I wonder if we can trigger it already.

Looks like Raphael is supposed to show up after each failed attempts at curing the tadpole (the hag, Nettie, Volo, etc). Triggers aren't working, or maybe they changed it.

My memory didn't fail me, the ruined chapel used to be dedicated to Selûne in the old presentation and there are still stuff reflecting that in the files.

Some of those writer's notes explaining the context of scenes are funny, example:
"Creeped out and horrified as you enter a 'gallery' of the hag's victims. Shadowheart: droll."

Some Shadowheart spoiler:
Looks like we will see her past life, including 101 Torture training and getting tortured/abused....narration is pretty graphic (they will have to put warnings I think). The magical flare-ups start to happens back then, she doesn't appear to know what it is then either.

Party "romance" scene with Shadowheart. The writer's context note mention that her magical flares-up is supposed to happen when you kiss. That explain the "did it hurt?" question. Notes mention it is painful to Shadowheart as well.

She does a prayer to Shar in the old Shar Temple and doesn't feel a response which cause her to have a bit of a crisis of faith (the "I failed my god" kind). Context note mention that Nightsong feels that Shadowheart fears failing in her duties to Shar too.

I think Shadowheart is older than we think, the place triggering her memories is described as ancient looking and crumbling. Nobody seems to have been there since Ketheric was defeated about a century ago.

She has a canon "daisy" (especially marked as not in the EA).

I checked one line I found strange in Shadowheart voiced lines and turns out it's used when she is lured by the Harpies. Makes sense now.

Ketheric stuff:
You can do a quest for him, there is a talk of a sealed tomb, but also that he was banished to the Shadowfell. He was a Paladin, he had a nice sword (referred to and described as a moonblade). That means he was a Moon Elf. And it's weird his moonblade still served him when he serve Shar.

If I'm not mixing things up (there are wrong stories of what happened), Ketheric 's daughter Isobel was accidentally killed by Halsin. We can meet her ghost, I think.

He had Thayan friends, necromancers. Hmm, that Necromancy of Thay book in Moonhaven (aka Blighted Village).

I tried to find stuff about Minthara, but it seems it ends with the Goblin party for her.

N
old hand
old hand
N
Datamining is fun...and evil...and addictive. crazy

Apparently, Lae'zel and Shadowheart can end up trying to kill each others in the camp. I wonder if we can trigger it already.

Looks like Raphael is supposed to show up after each failed attempts at curing the tadpole (the hag, Nettie, Volo, etc). Triggers aren't working, or maybe they changed it.

My memory didn't fail me, the ruined chapel used to be dedicated to Selûne in the old presentation and there are still stuff reflecting that in the files.

Some of those writer's notes explaining the context of scenes are funny, example:
"Creeped out and horrified as you enter a 'gallery' of the hag's victims. Shadowheart: droll."

Some Shadowheart spoiler:
Looks like we will see her past life, including 101 Torture training and getting tortured/abused....narration is pretty graphic (they will have to put warnings I think). The magical flare-ups start to happens back then, she doesn't appear to know what it is then either.

Party "romance" scene with Shadowheart. The writer's context note mention that her magical flares-up is supposed to happen when you kiss. That explain the "did it hurt?" question. Notes mention it is painful to Shadowheart as well.

She does a prayer to Shar in the old Shar Temple and doesn't feel a response which cause her to have a bit of a crisis of faith (the "I failed my god" kind). Context note mention that Nightsong feels that Shadowheart fears failing in her duties to Shar too.

I think Shadowheart is older than we think, the place triggering her memories is described as ancient looking and crumbling. Nobody seems to have been there since Ketheric was defeated about a century ago.

She has a canon "daisy" (especially marked as not in the EA).

I checked one line I found strange in Shadowheart voiced lines and turns out it's used when she is lured by the Harpies. Makes sense now.

Ketheric stuff:
You can do a quest for him, there is a talk of a sealed tomb, but also that he was banished to the Shadowfell. He was a Paladin, he had a nice sword (referred to and described as a moonblade). That means he was a Moon Elf. And it's weird his moonblade still served him when he serve Shar.

If I'm not mixing things up (there are wrong stories of what happened), Ketheric 's daughter Isobel was accidentally killed by Halsin. We can meet her ghost, I think.

He had Thayan friends, necromancers. Hmm, that Necromancy of Thay book in Moonhaven (aka Blighted Village).

I tried to find stuff about Minthara, but it seems it ends with the Goblin party for her.

Divine Soul Shadow?

Did Halsin murder her in bear form? when do druids usually gain control over their forms?

stranger
stranger
Do we have anything more concrete about future classes and subclasses? or just those from before? what about player races? any confirmed?

veteran
veteran
Interesting on the Ketheric. Someone else can remember the name
but there was one corrupted moonblade so there is precedent. I also don't know if a moonblade can reject you after atunement?

Vhaldez Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Nice finds Azarhal.

I wonder how the gith patrol plans on getting this general out of there, then. Seems like going to the creche with that artifact on us is a bad idea.

R
old hand
old hand
R
Originally Posted by Vhaldez
Nice finds Azarhal.

I wonder how the gith patrol plans on getting this general out of there, then. Seems like going to the creche with that artifact on us is a bad idea.

Sure it will end badly, creche seems like a bad idea from the beginning. The "purification" itself doesn't sound very encouraging and it certainly isn't what Lae'zel expects. Besides, the idea that Githyanki would like to help us willingly doesn't appeal to me.

I bet it will end up with a great slaughter.

Doubt if they want to release him there is probably a reason why he is trapped in the artifact.

Last edited by Rhobar121; 02/11/20 10:01 AM.
S
addict
addict
S
Originally Posted by Lucketmi
Do we have anything more concrete about future classes and subclasses? or just those from before? what about player races? any confirmed?

I'm not aware of Larian stating anything other than that all the classes from the Player's Handbook will be in at launch. That doesn't even specify if all subclasses from PHB are included. Personally hoping they will add material from other books; subclasses like Hexblade and Divine Soul Sorcerer, and feats like Elven Accuracy and Human Determination etc.

Vhaldez Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Originally Posted by Rhobar121
Sure it will end badly, creche seems like a bad idea from the beginning. The "purification" itself doesn't sound very encouraging and it certainly isn't what Lae'zel expects. Besides, the idea that Githyanki would like to help us willingly doesn't appeal to me.
I have not seen this confirmed in any of the leaks yet but I have a feeling Lae'Zel might not have grown up in Githyanki society at all, that she's larping not knowing about Faerûn and its peoples. When you approach Zorru with her there's an insight check that tells you she is hiding something about her creche and the gith patrol being traitors to Vlaakith sounds like a load of bull to me. She doesn't even tell them which creche she's from.

addict
addict
Divine Soul Shadow?

Did Halsin murder her in bear form? when do druids usually gain control over their forms?

Kinda, nobody gets magical powers under their skins like that just for worshipping a god.

Haslin killed her with a dagger. The weapon type might be changed, as glaive is used at some point too.

F
addict
addict
F
Divine Soul Shadow?

Kinda, nobody gets magical powers under their skins like that just for worshipping a god.

Haslin killed her with a dagger. The weapon type might be changed, as glaive is used at some point too.

Does this relate to the
cursed glaive in the druids' basement, that is referred to as a dagger in the book next to it?

Last edited by FrostyFardragon; 02/11/20 02:04 PM.
addict
addict
Originally Posted by FrostyFardragon
Divine Soul Shadow?

Does this relate to the
cursed glaive in the druids' basement, that is referred to as a dagger in the book next to it?

Yup.

old hand
old hand

Thanks, but this is weird. Perhaps they will add later?
I will also play on the path of good, if Larian does not add the only reason why I decided to try evil at all as companion.
Dungeons and dragons without drow are not dungeons and dragons. Teasing and rejection is a bad marketing policy, why did they first give a character that many players liked (even if every tenth - is already a LOT) and then just take it and not add it to the release. It would be better if they did not do any Minthara at all than give and take away or later exchanged for another drow. When, in a year of Early Access, all drow lovers tuned in to Minthara

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
addict
addict
Originally Posted by OneManArmy

Thanks, but this is weird. Perhaps they will add later?
I will also play on the path of good, if Larian does not add the only reason why I decided to try evil at all as companion.
Dungeons and dragons without drow are not dungeons and dragons

Act 1 B content doesn't appear to be finished yet. The Nightsong encounter is missing subtitles for example and that is despite voice overs existing.

I don't think people should be surprised about that.

addict
addict
Gale doesn't seems to have Origin Moments (scenes that trigger on the overworld related to the character's story). He just have his foodies lines and camp scenes. Wyll and Shadowheart have the most. Astarion/Lae'zel has a few.

The more I look into the game files the more I'm confused about Shadowheart's magical flares up.

You can meet a Selûnite priest in the Shadow Cursed Land. He's looking for Shadowheart. Her magic flares happen when she spot him. She used the magical flares against a Sharran during her flashback training and they also happen when she kiss you after the party (according to the scene context notes). So it's not triggered by Selûne related stuff only. The priest claims he knows what it means, but she has to go an abandoned chapel in BG to learn more because Shar is too strong in the area. I find that a bit suspicious...Selûnite shouldn't have to hide in BG. confused

Her name might actually be a title: The Shadow Heart. As that is how the Selûne Priest refers to her, although it all look like temporary dialogues.

Both Shar and Selune wants her, foretelling her coming and stuff.

if she doesn't do as Shar wants, you get a super depressive Shadowheart around camp...

I expect people to complain a lot about playing Shadowheart's origin. There are situations (well at least one) where Shar tells her (you) to do things and you need to win a DC to do the opposite otherwise she assume "direct controls".

Speaking of Shar, lots of stuff in the Shadow Cursed Land for her and Shadowheart. I get the feeling people who thought it was easy to keep her around as a goody-two-shoes might have more problem in Act 1 B. Lots of it is still "work in progress" from the looks of it but still

I wanted to check if Shadowheart knew what Ketheric looked like to see if her Daisy was him. It's one of her "origin moment", but no sign of her knowing who he was. The only thing interesting is that this sound a lot like tadpole dream #2:
Ketheric: Shar whispers of you, of the great destiny you bear! Embrace it with me, and spread Her darkness across these lands!

Romancing Shadowheart got a bit complicated if Ketheric makes advances to her, lol. She can even leave the party at that point going by the dialogues.

Last edited by azarhal; 03/11/20 01:20 AM.
Page 9 of 21 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 20 21

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard