Next Thread
Print Thread
#726100 02/11/20 05:21 PM
T
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
T
I don't know if that has been discussed yet. But what do you guys think about the option to make (retrospectively) some decisions for events in BG1 and BG2 (like in Dragon Age - Inquisition or Pillars of Eternity II) for a newly started BG3 campaign. Those decisions then would have some impact on that campaign. For instance we could find books and other material talking about how this one Bhaalspawn (the PC from BG1 and BG2) effected history and (depending on choice) ascended to godhood or not. Or we encounter characters or quests differently.

Does anyone know, if there are such plans? Obviously this is no small thing and would only really make an impact on players, that played BG1 and/or BG2. But I would love that.

veteran
veteran
I'd like that but sadly I don't think it's an option. The FR had a cannon ending and they seem to keep up with iy

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
enthusiast
enthusiast
I suggested a similar idea quite a while ago, but I doubt that it would be implemented. I mean, I believe they go with the more or less cannon Adbel Adrian, as Gorion's ward... and yes, everyone hates Abdel Adrian. :P Also, the mere fact that Bhaal has been canonically resurrected would mean that the main char of BG1/2 could never have ascended to godhood or given up Bhaal's taint. Basically, it would create a huge gaping plot hole.

All hail Abdel Adrian... hurray...

Mind the sarcasm. wink

R
old hand
old hand
R
It will be better if we don't mention his existence.

veteran
Online Content
veteran
In case you didn't know there's already canonized version of the story of CHARNAME Bhaalspawn (which is called Abdel Adrian: https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Abdel_Adrian ) and his life after the end of the BG saga.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
T
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
T
Yeah, I started reading up on that after the first responses here. Wasn't aware before that such canon existed. I downloaded BG2 again... so that I can - at least for me - correct that blasphemous canon. How dare they ignore my ascendance to godhood...

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard