Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Abits
Originally Posted by Svalr
Just wanted to remind you all of a relatively minor spoiler from Dragon Age Origins - Morrigan jumps in bed with you really early on. Just wanted to put it out there

That's true, but it's also story related.
I actually thought that this part of her and how it played into her character and lore was very well-written.
She also stops sleeping with you at some point which is worth pointing out, the sex itself was never part of her romance subplot.

It did become a bit of a meme, but I also think that's precisely because people at large are kinda immature in their views on sex and never look beyond the actual act in and of itself.
Doesn't help that they basically turned sex into some kind of a weird comedy in Inquisition.

And how in this game it's not story related? I think you actually hit the nail in the hand in your second paragraph. People are kinda conflating sex with romance here imo

Well it's definitely not story related on the same level as Morrigan in DA:O.
But either way, I still think that it's story related the same as everything else.

It does make some sense where it's thrown into the story too with the camp celebration, everyone is kinda letting loose.
So if it was going to happen at any point it makes sense that it happens then.

addict
addict
+1 to OP. Sadly we cannot change what is apparently an integral part of the game.
Karlach, Helia and Minsc all have indev romance scenes and I suspect that the end of Act 2 and Act 3 will involve more romance.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by SGTSPIRE
1. to choose a dialogue option to watch a cutscene
2. feel an accomplishment for watching a cutscene
3. to play this game

I would recommend removing the romance scenes, and anything past a campfire discussion or glass of wine.
There is no need for it in this game, and it only causes individuals to not role play a character in order to watch a cut scene.

I would recommend putting more resources on the Dialogue options for the player character, and overall party companionship options.

This is a D&D game right, so the focus would be better put elsewhere.

my 2cents.

Who hurt you?

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Firesnakearies
Originally Posted by SGTSPIRE
1. to choose a dialogue option to watch a cutscene
2. feel an accomplishment for watching a cutscene
3. to play this game

I would recommend removing the romance scenes, and anything past a campfire discussion or glass of wine.
There is no need for it in this game, and it only causes individuals to not role play a character in order to watch a cut scene.

I would recommend putting more resources on the Dialogue options for the player character, and overall party companionship options.

This is a D&D game right, so the focus would be better put elsewhere.

my 2cents.

Who hurt you?

Unironic practitioners of no nut November I guess.
So now no one is allowed to have fun.

/s

C
C
Romance is a waste of resources since all their characters are unlikable on purpose so far and any love interest is hack kneed writing. You writing has to be WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better before this is not just cringy

old hand
old hand
Please stop to discuss this topic and it up, please. Obviously, 98.5% of players are quite romantic in the game. It's just that OP loves pg-13 Shadow Heart and does not love the Strong Woman archetype, he talked about this in the next topic.

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
veteran
veteran

But either way, I still think that it's story related the same as everything else.

It does make some sense where it's thrown into the story too with the camp celebration, everyone is kinda letting loose.

Well, I don't think that if you knew nothing of Morrigan's character beyond the point of the sex scene in camp you would necessarily think so highly of her character.

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
enthusiast
enthusiast
What about the singing scene, is it really necessary to see her sing? They could just save resources and cut to black or have a still image.

+ 1 to this suggestion. the apprentice Bard's song is objectively terrible, and looking at the lyrics to Volo celebratory ditty I anticipate it will be equally bad. If you can't top Give a Coin to Your Witcher I would appreciate it all being left on the cutting room floor.

Last edited by DistantStranger; 02/11/20 08:35 PM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by DistantStranger
What about the singing scene, is it really necessary to see her sing? They could just save resources and cut to black or have a still image.

I+ 1 to this suggestion. the apprentice Bard's song is objectively terrible, and looking at the lyrics to Volo celebratory ditty I anticipate it will be equally bad. If you can't top Give a Coin to Your Witcher I would appreciate it all being left on the cutting room floor.

Are you talking about "toss a coin to your witcher"? it's awesome yeah, but the games also have some musical numbers. I think the one Pricilla sings in the witcher 3 is decent. but the rest are kinda lame yeah

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
enthusiast
enthusiast
Yeah that was what I meant. I actually kind of dig that song. And I remember skipping most of the singing in Witcher 3. It just seems like music in video games is pretty sorry in general

enthusiast
enthusiast

Well, I don't think that if you knew nothing of Morrigan's character beyond the point of the sex scene in camp you would necessarily think so highly of her character.

Ofc?
Not sure if you think I am arguing against anything here, I don't have a problem with sex scenes.
It definitely doesn't happen *that* fast in this game either, but I can understand the argument that it does happen quite suddenly with some characters at least.

Even so I'd still argue that Morrigan sleeping with you so fast and randomly made sense based on what we knew about her early on, she's completely clueless about human interaction it probably doesn't feel very sudden to her.
Like from her pov you're horny you fuck lol, that simple.
That's not really the case with any of the characters in Baldur's Gate 3, maybe Lae'Zel is the one where it wouldn't be the most surprising thing ever I guess but you're kinda busy.

I+ 1 to this suggestion. the apprentice Bard's song is objectively terrible, and looking at the lyrics to Volo celebratory ditty I anticipate it will be equally bad. If you can't top Give a Coin to Your Witcher I would appreciate it all being left on the cutting room floor.

Nothing tops Toss a coin to your Witcher except maybe The rains of Castamere still that doesn't make Alphira's Song bad except maybe subjectively - you know to you.

enthusiast
enthusiast
It sure as hell ain't objectively good, pal.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I like toss a coin to your Witcher but it's honestly a bit cheesy imo in comparison to the rains of Castamere.
It makes sense considering who's supposed to have written it but I think that the scene it was sung in and the editing made a lot ot elevate it tbh.

Priscilla's song is cheesy too but then again love songs kinda are in general.
But I think it's a well written love song and well performed with genuine emotion.

Toss a coin sorta sounds like a song written about something that didn't deserve to get a song imho.
I also think that it sounds too modern.

veteran
veteran

Ofc?
Not sure if you think I am arguing against anything here, I don't have a problem with sex scenes.
It definitely doesn't happen *that* fast in this game either, but I can understand the argument that it does happen quite suddenly with some characters at least.

Even so I'd still argue that Morrigan sleeping with you so fast and randomly made sense based on what we knew about her early on, she's completely clueless about human interaction it probably doesn't feel very sudden to her.
That's not really the case with any of the characters in Baldur's Gate 3, maybe Lae'Zel is the one where it wouldn't be the most surprising thing ever I guess but you're kinda busy.

Really? I would say Shadowheart is the only one I would consider "chaste" among my party members in BG3. Astarion Flirts non stop from the moment he stops threatening you, About Laezel you talked... Wyll is super horny, I'm just not sure if he is hornier for Laezel or Shadowhear, and about Gale, I don't know. never triggered a romance scene with him beyond the magic wave thing.

My point is hardly any art is objectively good or bad as it boils down to each individual's taste. I've just thrown a minor tantrum today browsing through Guardian's album reviews where rock albums hardly ever get 3 stars and Kanye West is a sort of musical Messiah, meanwhile metal doesn't even exist.

Also Toss a Coin to your Witcher was never in the games - it was made specifically for the series - a multimillion Netflix production, same goes for The rains of Castamere, so I would expect higher quality from those than a medium sized gaming studio.

enthusiast
enthusiast

Ofc?

Really? I would say Shadowheart is the only one I would consider "chaste" among my party members in BG3. Astarion Flirts non stop from the moment he stops threatening you, About Laezel you talked... Wyll is super horny, I'm just not sure if he is hornier for Laezel or Shadowhear, and about Gale, I don't know. never triggered a romance scene with him beyond the magic wave thing.

Haha I was flirting away like crazy with Shadowheart I definitely felt like she was into me.
In regards to Wyll I honestly dunno yet I am bringing him along in my next playthrough I haven't done that yet I almost ignored him tbh.

Gale wanted to have sex with me and I was just polite to him, I never flirted with him.

Edit: In regards to Astarion too I've only played a good character thus far. I managed to juggle it with Shadowheart but Astarion I had to shut down a lot.

Last edited by Svalr; 02/11/20 08:56 PM.
addict
addict

Ofc?

Gale is a sleaze. If you get the weave scene, but do not spend the night with him at the party, he will ask to sleep with you the day after if you. He doesn't care if you "have" someone else.

veteran
veteran
ohh Gale ohh my! naughty naughty boy!

Last edited by Abits; 02/11/20 08:59 PM.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Azarielle

Kanye West is a sort of musical Messiah

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard