Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#723202 30/10/20 07:49 PM
addict
OP Offline
addict
Am i missing something? I started a couple new characters after the patch and I find I don't have the time to kill the second wave of imps in the helm before the mind flayer is dead and the commander comes to kick my ass.

Did they do something here?

S
stranger
stranger
S
Not restarted, but before the patch I cheesed the commander and reinforcements. Shoot and Hide, Shoot and Hide. Level 2 after the crash laugh

addict
OP Offline
addict
Lol.

I just find it really odd(or bad luck) that the mind flayer died TWICE before I had the second wave of imps dead. Really put a damper on my xp. Had to haul ass past them.

addict
addict
270+ hours played...nautaloid ship...dozens of times including the last few days. Never had that happen thankfully.

apprentice
apprentice
I think the Devil was just lucky with his rolls to kill the Mindflayer quickly. I have done this part several times, and only once (before last patch) the Mindflayer was killed by the Devil.

addict
addict
I've done about 4-5 runs through that beginning section and they hadn't even begun to fight by the time I got up there.
I also just use Dash to haul to the console as quickly as possible and disregard all of the imps and such.

I don't want to fall to bits 'cos of excess existential thought.

stranger
stranger
My first new run after HF#4, I had the two extra devils come in and the big devil killed the mindflayer and came after me. My second run after the hotfix, I never saw the extra two devils show up and the big devil and the mindflayer were still duking it out when I made it to the console. So maybe just RNG? smile

addict
OP Offline
addict
Maybe. I had two runs where the cambion kicked the crap out of the mind flayer but I haven't been back since.

Maybe try again.

Link Copied to Clipboard