journeyman

Tuv #726547 03/11/20 01:47 AM
old hand
old hand
So beautiful!

Tuv #726556 03/11/20 01:58 AM
old hand
old hand
I'm very impressed by how beautiful the Underdark is in this game. Before I got there for the first time, I was dreading a slog through dull, unrelenting darkness. Now I look forward to going back.

Tuv #726660 03/11/20 06:04 AM
addict
addict
+1.

In addition, the level design is also quite nice in general.

And the original races and characters in the underdark (avoiding spoilers).

Tuv #726986 03/11/20 04:02 PM
journeyman
journeyman
ive watched a couple of playthrus on youtube and of course played EA myself, and i noticed that A LOT of people missed a shit ton in the underdark.
especially

The Spectator fight with the drow

did you do it? i almost pissed my pants

Tuv #727000 03/11/20 04:41 PM
veteran
veteran
I just wish the camera behave a little better in this area.
But then again that's a problem with the game's camera in general and the abundance of "uneven heights" just makes it more apparent here.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
Tuv Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Originally Posted by Tuco
I just wish the camera behave a little better in this area.
But then again that's a problem with the game's camera in general and the abundance of "uneven heights" just makes it more apparent here.

Yeah in general the camera isn't quite there yet. With all this elevation we need something we can freely adjust the elevation settings and pitch, maybe 3-5 steps up and down relative to the current position.

I usually run around a bit to find good places for the camera height and then find nice angles there.

Originally Posted by cal1s

The Spectator fight with the drow

did you do it? i almost pissed my pants

yes, I saw a carpet with lots of gold and ran right into the fight while not having rested hehe

The second time I then resurrected it to add to my army as well as unpetrified all drow and added those as well.

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Tarlonniel
I'm very impressed by how beautiful the Underdark is in this game. Before I got there for the first time, I was dreading a slog through dull, unrelenting darkness. Now I look forward to going back.

This and many other places

[Linked Image]

https://i.postimg.cc/YSjxVf6K/1086940-20201103004722-1.jpg

Likewise, the underdark in BG2 was great but never this visually impactful.

I gotta say though, going there with level 4 feels strange and "not so underdark". It's just my bias from the older games. the difficulty is very nice though for that level.

Some places, especially in the underdark can look quite BG/IWD esque, the Duergar village top down view (tactical) for instance.

Last edited by Tuv; 03/11/20 06:06 PM.
Tuv #727146 03/11/20 09:30 PM
V
stranger
stranger
V
I absolutely love how beautiful the underdark is in this game! I probably missed several things, but it was quite visually pleasing and I hope we get to spend more time there later in the game. (Maybe at a higher level so the fights won’t be quite so very brutal.)

Tuv #727322 04/11/20 04:31 AM
old hand
old hand
I love the Underdark as a concept in D&D, I love when we can go there in video games (Hordes of the Underdark, anyone?), and it's REALLY NICE in Baldur's Gate 3.

I do think we need to be able to press a key to move the camera straight up or straight down, to see the various levels more easily. (Not just in the Underdark, but everywhere.)

As soon as I saw that pile of gold, I knew it was gonna be a trap.

When I saw the Spectator, though, I knew it was time to pull out the Iron Flask. Because why fight ONE Spectator, when you can fight TWO at once?

[Linked Image]

Tuv #727370 04/11/20 06:38 AM
I think what I like most about lengthy cavern expeditions in video games is how great it feels once you get back outside. Makes you reappreciate the virtual trees, grass and sunshiny lighting effects that might have started to feel blasé.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by vyvexthorne
I think what I like most about lengthy cavern expeditions in video games is how great it feels once you get back outside. Makes you reappreciate the virtual trees, grass and sunshiny lighting effects that might have started to feel blasé.

I had that feeling in Skyrim a lot. In this game I never want to leave the Underdark, it is beautiful.

Tuv #727550 04/11/20 12:35 PM
old hand
old hand
Same.

Tuv Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Originally Posted by Firesnakearies
I love the Underdark as a concept in D&D, I love when we can go there in video games (Hordes of the Underdark, anyone?), and it's REALLY NICE in Baldur's Gate 3.

I do think we need to be able to press a key to move the camera straight up or straight down, to see the various levels more easily. (Not just in the Underdark, but everywhere.)

As soon as I saw that pile of gold, I knew it was gonna be a trap.

When I saw the Spectator, though, I knew it was time to pull out the Iron Flask. Because why fight ONE Spectator, when you can fight TWO at once?

[Linked Image]

I unfortunately dont know any game where a camera like that was ever implemented but we sure need that

Great way of approaching the issue btw, fight both at once grin

Tuv #727717 04/11/20 05:30 PM
old hand
old hand
I'm under the impression that you can do that in Solasta. Not 100% sure, since I haven't actually played it yet.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard