Next Thread
Print Thread
#726607 03/11/20 03:48 AM
S
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
S
so...after a few tries I finally have killed two of the three leaders. I cannot kill dror ragzlin. The whole camp is hostile (fights wherever I go) and he isn’t doing the ritual now. I’m not sure I could sneak in there now. He is just killing me. Really, one or two hits kills one of my guys. He has too many minions and he is powerful. I did manage to get myself up in the rafters but we couldn’t all make it up there. Please have some suggestions, it’s frustrating and I already abandoned one play through with a different character here because of getting stuck in the camp. Is my party toast? Party is Astarion, Wyll, Laezel, and my drow warlock.

I do find some of these fights have too many enemies and take a loooong time so it’s really distressing when the party dies after 45 minutes of battle. lowering the # of enemies in some of these battles and/or having an easier difficulty setting would be something I would like to see in the final version.

N
old hand
old hand
N
Sub in shadowheart and use her pass without trace ability. The but your party into stealth mode with c, that should hopefully leet you maneuver a bit.

There is a smoke powder barrel in the back right corner of the room, throw it on ragzlin's followers.

If you strait up need another enterence there is a spot you can snowfall too on the other side of the river, then walk across a land bridge, there is a crumbling wall you can destroy to get in

enthusiast
enthusiast
So before you get to the rafters, from the room between he and Glut, there is a catwalk at the same height as the rafters (accessibly from the second story ladder in Glut's chamber). You will know you are in the right place if on either side of it there are chests, one across a divide the other around a corner. From that cat walk you can just target the wandering goblins in front of the throne. So, don't hide, take pot shots without killing them until one spots you. He will immediately run out hunt you down but it takes him four turns or so to reach you.

Once you have acquired his aggro, concentrate fire on him and anyone within visibility so that after each attack you can hide. I took him out with cantrips and crossbows. Sneak attack helps a lot because you will always have advantage. He should never even get close enough to lay eyes on you

Last edited by DistantStranger; 03/11/20 03:57 AM.
old hand
old hand
I have a little question for the OP, why did you decide not to help Minthara if you play as a drow? Is the evil path poorly worked out? What would make you help the goblins?

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
S
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
S
Not helping goblins...Unless by “helping” you mean “killing”. 😎

I can’t be THAT evil, to side with minthara. I have a hard time being evil in games at all actually but just because she is drow doesn’t make her plans okay.

This is all good advice and I will try these things. Thanks for the suggestions!

addict
addict
Ranger
Laezel
Shadowheart
Wyll
Halsin (who I asked to accompany me)

Found the fight quite easy, however there are several factors.
1. I came from killing the Drow - The goblins outside of his chamber where there is a guy who I suppose is supposed to be pushed into the pit below, he just stood there and the Goblins I killed without intervention from the neighbouring room.
2. Wyll could target the Goblin mage through the gaps in the wall as you cross the bridge (where dude stands complaining about needing a sword), so that was the end of him.
3. Didn't go through door, all ran over bridge and through the far entry point. Goblin leader ran over to me and I could attack him with all 5 of my party and he died pretty quickly. I thn just had to mop up the rest.

So it is possible that apart from the extra pair of hands (Halsin), the area was bugged and I was fortunate to profit.

veteran
veteran
I found this battle to be just super tedious.

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by Abits
I found this battle to be just super tedious.

It was quite protracted. Eventual strategy: sneak characters out of crevice onto balcony. Snipe. Hide. Wait. For weeks. Then repeat.

Edit: oh yeah, nearly forgot, I'd previously made a handy collection of exploding barrels up by the very flammable pub, so I had Gale sit there and magically teleport them to the other three who would occasionally lob one onto the ground below for fun and lol.

Last edited by vometia; 03/11/20 03:14 PM.

J'aime le fromage.
old hand
old hand
Here's how I did it.

Step 1: Kill every goblin in that place that you can kill without alerting the Dror Ragzlin room. This is most of them, if you're careful and don't let anyone beat drums.
Step 2: Go down in the spider pit with Speak with Animals on and make an agreement with the spiders to eat goblins and not eat you.
Step 3: Rescue Halsin
Step 4: Put Shadowheart, Gale, and my rogue character up on the rafters above Ragzlin's room, in hiding.
Step 5: Lae'zel and Halsin stage just outside the big doors to Ragzlin's room, cast Jump on each of them
Step 6: Leap into the middle of the room with Halsin and Thunderwave goblins into spider pit
Step 7: Leap into the middle of the room with Lae'zel and start Shoving goblins into spider pit
Step 8: Start sniping other people from the rafters using the other three characters
Step 9: Eventually shove 4 goblins AND Dror Ragzlin into spider pit, while murdering everyone else from the rafters
Step 10: Clean up whatever is left

Last edited by Firesnakearies; 03/11/20 03:20 PM.
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Firesnakearies
Here's how I did it.

Step 1: Kill every goblin in that place that you can kill without alerting the Dror Ragzlin room. This is most of them, if you're careful and don't let anyone beat drums.

The drums never did anything in my playthroughs, are they bugged?

Step 2: Go down in the spider pit with Speak with Animals on and make an agreement with the spiders to eat goblins and not eat you.

That's cute. I found out afterwards that you can make a deal with them, and if you open the door they walk up to Ragzlin's door and stay there. Unfortunatly, in my playthrough there was no goblin left for them.

Step 3: Rescue Halsin

Halsin was bugged for me, too, and only rarely engaged.

Step 4: Put Shadowheart, Gale, and my rogue character up on the rafters above Ragzlin's room, in hiding.

This was actually the tactics for an easy win in each playthrough for me (leaving Halsin aside). Have Gale and the ranged MC (a ranger in my case) pick off the enemies from above, while Lae'zel and Shadowheart fight on the ground, healing via eating their green vegetables as bonus actions. Never needed any other tactics, shenanigans, special effect arrows, barrels, bombs, shovings into spider pits or whatever.

This is kinda true for most of the fights in the EA.

Last edited by TimVanBeek; 03/11/20 07:20 PM.
old hand
old hand
I dunno about the drums, but I always destroyed them just in case.

veteran
veteran
I dunno about the drums, but I always destroyed them just in case.

Same here ... oh how i was surprised, when goblins played them anyway. laugh

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown

Link Copied to Clipboard