Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Zentu Offline OP
Bard of Suzail
OP Offline
Bard of Suzail
Is there going to be a one button option to allow you to put the whole party into the sneak mode? Right now the selecting each seems a little bugged, always seems like one person does not, for some reason, actually start sneaking.

N
old hand
old hand
N
No, you have to do it individually. I know, it's a pain but hopefully, they will add a shortcut soon.

K
stranger
stranger
K
You have to select each party member individually to make them sneak.

Hopefully they add a button for it soon.

The UI in this game needs a lot of work.

Personally, I liked the party selection and control that BG2 had. It seemed much more elegant, intuitive, and efficient than this.

stranger
stranger
Doing it individually has been, mildly irksome, but I can see the point in it...

My main issue is that I haven't figured out how to have the other party members 'Hold' themselves in X location, while I have the last party member go forward. Only way I've found is having the party member I want to go forward to go into Hide/Stealth and then click them forward where ever I want them to be.

“When drinking poison, lick the bowl."---Yoritomo Tarao, Small Enlightenment's by Nancy Sauer
D
journeyman
journeyman
D
Originally Posted by Kolat
Doing it individually has been, mildly irksome, but I can see the point in it...

My main issue is that I haven't figured out how to have the other party members 'Hold' themselves in X location, while I have the last party member go forward. Only way I've found is having the party member I want to go forward to go into Hide/Stealth and then click them forward where ever I want them to be.

For the character you want to move, go to their portrait in the lower left hand corner of the screen and drag it upward to separate them from the party. In this way you can sneak them forward without the rest of the party following them.

You can actually do this for all party members to control all their movements separately, or make different subgroups (2+2/3+1 etc etc)

It's really useful for setting up sneak attack ambushes from multiple advantageous positions.

journeyman
journeyman
You can ungroup one or more of them so you can move them independently.

stranger
stranger
Similiar to this issue jumping every party member individually is incredible annoying. If everyone needs to do 3 jumps, then thats 12 jumps manually frown

enthusiast
enthusiast
You can iterate over your group both ways with left and right square brackets keys (default key binding). Saves some effort of aiming with mouse.

Originally Posted by Meril
Similiar to this issue jumping every party member individually is incredible annoying. If everyone needs to do 3 jumps, then thats 12 jumps manually frown
That, and the fact that there is no hotkey for jumping.

stranger
stranger
The functionality to have NPCs jump is there as, on the Nautilloid, if you befriend that one creature instead of killing it, it will jump across the small chasm when you do just before you meet Laz'areal.

Link Copied to Clipboard