Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
TheHero Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Once Gale asked Laezel what its like on Astral Plane.

Laezel answered that Gith lay Eggs on other Planes and adds that she can only return to Astral Plane when she brings a Mindflayers Head with her.

Well, as Laezel had plenty of opportunitys to get Mindflayer Heads right from Start in the Nautillod Ship, why didnt she have one conservated Head with her on her inventory?
Either rewrite that particular part of conversation with Gale or give her some Quest with this gruesome Mindflayer Head which is so important to her that she wont even give it to anyone but the Person who wants it from her.
Something which benefits Laezels Characterstory Arc better.
F.e. she needs to bring a Mindflayers Head as some kind of wedding gift and prove shes worthy Githy. Warrior to find a mate and have approval to lay some eggs herself.

Last edited by TheHero; 03/11/20 12:12 PM.
stranger
stranger
FWIW - I took her lack of flayer head in stride. She seems like the warriors warrior type of character. And since she didn't kill any of those mind flayers herself it (possibly just in her head) isn't good enough just to take the head of a dead flayer laying around.

enthusiast
enthusiast
It would be cheating. She wants to prove herself. Githyanki are cruel but not without some warrior's honour. Also giths have some psionic abilities and they may check if she's telling the truth.

Last edited by Verte; 03/11/20 04:01 PM.
F
journeyman
journeyman
F
I think she's just F'ing with him. I don't remember anything about Gith laying eggs... Both Gith races are of human decent.

F
journeyman
journeyman
F
Gith DO lay eggs to reproduce, check the sources. Their descent from humans is speculative. Nobody knows for sure.

TheHero Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Verte
It would be cheating. She wants to prove herself. Githyanki are cruel but not without some warrior's honour. Also giths have some psionic abilities and they may check if she's telling the truth.

If Larian intends it that way that she needs to honor her warriors way to her races way of life/tribe/clan/goddess.
It would be a nice touch to explore this and add a situtaion near the end of the game.
Laezel gets her story to fight a Mindflayer. Maybe her own tadpole removed and put into one Gith she really has a problem with.
So to speak, shes then fighting a Mindflyer who knows alot about her allready as it was hosted by Laezels own brain and somekind of superior, maybe another Gith Captain, Officer something.. grin

Last edited by TheHero; 04/11/20 08:14 AM.
F
addict
addict
F
Originally Posted by Verte

This is the way.

stranger
stranger
I don't think they accept it as long as she has a tadpole in her head.

Originally Posted by Maikaz
I don't think they accept it as long as she has a tadpole in her head.

I mean technically she could cut off her own head.... wink

Link Copied to Clipboard