Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
We need a third subrace of drow. For the evil drow from the Underdark who have not sworn allegiance to Lolth.
Lolth is too evil even for me ( https://www.realmshelps.net/charbuild/races/elf/drow2.shtml ), and the drow of the Seldarine are too good for evil run.

I would love to play the drow Eilistraee in a good playthrough, but I need a drow to raid the Druid Grove, and I understand that even if I can do it in the game as drow Eilistraee (aka Seldarine) it is contradicts lore.

I'm confused about which race to take.

Also, I would like players who sworn to Lolth to be able to abandon the spider goddess under certain conditions in the game.
I think there will be quests in the game that are related to Lolth, and such an opportunity is needed so as not to turn into a drider if you refuse to complete them being to Lolth-sworn drow.

For example, an order to kill Minthara for betraying Lolth if that the player may not want to do.

Also I want to see drow who worship Eilistraee in my good playthrough (drow fetish)
Not sure if it should be a separate race, but think about it

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
old hand
old hand
They should just change the name from Lolth Sworn to Underdark. Then it should cover those of us that like the other gods more. smile

addict
addict
Just because the subrace is named "Lolth-Sworn Drow" doesn't mean they necessarily worship or are loyal to Lolth. You can easily play a (male) Drow as a Vhaeraun worshipper and still pretend to be loyal to Lolth when meeting other Drow...

old hand
old hand
This is what I have been doing and it works well with that character concept. It would still be nice to use a different term to avoid some headaches for people.

addict
addict
We've discussed it already (a couple of times?), and I'll say again that they should just change the names to "surface drow" and "Underdark drow" or something along the lines. Current "subraces" are very specific, related to worship of certain deities and leave out a lot of archetypes/potential drow characters. I personally am a fan of "evil drow" - but not necessarily Lolth fanatics. I'd like to be able to play a drow from a drow society that mostly fits in, but only "worships" Lolth for the appearances. And is either not particularly religious or devoted to another (evil) Dark Seldarine. Or, alternatively, a drow living in the Underdark, but either a sort of hermit/ranger or one from an atypical drow settlement. Of course, I could play such a character now - but it would be purely headcanon against what the game tells me.

Link Copied to Clipboard