Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#728020 05/11/20 01:27 AM
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Because I like to be surprised and figure things out as I go... people may know the answer to my question. I have a generic fighter dwarf build. A hammer swinging shield bearing fighter. Its so basic its a blast. I like to level up and develop this little man. Well last night I wanted to check my progress, and notice I hit the level cap. Its a Bummer but I get it... we are in test.

So my question is when they release the next area to test, or the full enchilada is released.... what happens to our current character?

Do the just have the world open up and progression starts again, or do we start over?

If they let us keep going are we losing out on the experience we earn now above and beyond the level cap? If you are clearing out the map and quests you are losing out on some serious EXP.

Thanks
Pain

journeyman
journeyman
I don't know if they'll release the next area in EA, but I know that when the game goes full release our EA saves won't be compatible with full release.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Current characters/saves will also not be compatible with the larger EA content updates to be added periodically during the EA period.

stranger
stranger
Larian has stated (can't find it atm, sorry) that there may be multiple save wipes during Early Access (EA) and definitely one before/when the final release rolls out.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard