Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Maybe I'm being more dense than usual, but a couple of the conversations with Tav don't make any sense, at least the way I played the game. For instance -

Astarion: "I saw you running around the ship! I know you're working with them!"
Me: "Huh? I was stuck in a pod. And when I got out, I searched every inch of that tutorial - didn't see you anywhere. Where were you?"

Gale: "Last time we met, you were bleeding out on the floor with an intellect devourer eyeing your brain pan."
Me: "What?! When did this happen? Oh, and thanks for just leaving me there to be snacked on, buddy."

Narrator: If they interrogate this dead mind flayer, they'll learn you killed it!
Me: "Uh, I didn't kill any mind flayers? What are you talking about?"

Volo: "I find your story very hard to believe."
Me: "Yeah, I totally get that."

Typical Early Access inconsistencies in the writing? Or is something odd actually going on here?

apprentice
apprentice
I would say that they probably do have some things to tighten up for sure. The only one I have really considered is the Mind Flayer interrogation. My assumption is that they are referring to you having jumped the nautiloid and caused the crash as having killed it? Not really sure, but that's my guess at least. I haven't failed that scene to have accusations pointed my way though so maybe someone else has other feedback.

enthusiast
enthusiast
It might be just my low interpersonal skills but Gale sounds kinda shady while most people see him as goody two-shoes = therefore I'm biased in this case.

Companions completely ignore fact that Gut and/or hag is already dead but at same time give us credit for killing mindflayer. Some of those look like EA problems or unimplemented story pieces.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by DarkSeldarine
I would say that they probably do have some things to tighten up for sure. The only one I have really considered is the Mind Flayer interrogation. My assumption is that they are referring to you having jumped the nautiloid and caused the crash as having killed it? Not really sure, but that's my guess at least. I haven't failed that scene to have accusations pointed my way though so maybe someone else has other feedback.

There is one encounter with fishermen and mindflayer, can be missed.

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by Verte
There is one encounter with fishermen and mindflayer, can be missed.

You can miss it, and it's also possible to:

1. Walk away without doing anything.
2. Free the fishermen, then walk away without doing anything.
3. Free the fishermen, talk to the mind flayer, resist its attempts at shmoozing you and... walk away without doing anything.

You can also kill it, of course. Or I suppose you could cast a healing spell on it, but even my most altruistic characters probably wouldn't bother.

IIRC, when the mind flayer is asked, "Who killed you?", the response is an image of a pod opening to reveal Tav's face.

Last edited by Tarlonniel; 05/11/20 02:31 AM.

Link Copied to Clipboard