Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 21 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 20 21
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Vhaldez
Originally Posted by azarhal
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Is there any news about Mizora in the game data? Will's demonic girlfriend looks promising.

There is some dialogue text where the PC appears to be able to make a deal with Mizora.

But I can't say if that's limited to Wyll (i.e. a flashback) or if Wyll dies and you find Mizora or what comes of doing that or what the deals is.

Do we know who Mizora's father is? Is it Raphael?

I haven't seen that information, but it can't be Raphael as they are both Cambion. They might be (half) siblings.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Any new info on Helia? Also are their any red dragon voice lines? I've always wondered what red dragons who work with gith have to say. I hope they don't make it seem like gith conquered them since they serve tiamat. In fact I hope the game finally reveals what gith gave up for the deal with tiamat besides losing the original leader.

R
old hand
old hand
R
Is there any news about Mizora in the game data? Will's demonic girlfriend looks promising.

There is some dialogue text where the PC appears to be able to make a deal with Mizora.

But I can't say if that's limited to Wyll (i.e. a flashback) or if Wyll dies and you find Mizora or what comes of doing that or what the deals is.

I haven't seen that information, but it can't be Raphael as they are both Cambion. They might be (half) siblings.

I wonder if Raphael is really an ordinary cambion, it seems to me that what he has shown so far is only a small part of his capabilities.

Vhaldez Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
10.000 views hype.

A
stranger
stranger
A
So I wanted to figure out, if the tadpole phrase I got at the end of EA (while you cross the lake) was a sign of ability overuse
This is the order of reactions to tadpole use
GLO_TadpoledCount1 - first time used
*A shiver runs across your mind... you feel sated.*

GLO_TadpoledCount2
*Something stirs deep within you, hungry and alert... it's taking something you'll never get back.*

GLO_TadpoledCount3
*Your mind lurches, reeling suddenly as if... bitten.*

GLO_TadpoledCount4
*A shadow swims across your vision, and a familiar voice tells you to be calm. You are loved.*

GLO_TadpoledCount5
*Your blood runs quicker, feeding the gnawing absence at the centre of your mind.*

GLO_TadpoledCount6
*The presence deep in your mind is awake, unblinking. This is it. A single word pervades your consciousness: 'Soon'.*

11491bda-fa57-44ed-a306-a13fdf8e3b82 - flag not yet in game, but this is not just for the count. It is checked at every phrase (needs to be false) and on this one it is set to true for probably the first time. Looks like the point of no-return for using tadpole
*Your mind is full, bursting with ecstasy and terror. Finally, it is coming. You are becoming.*
And that's exactly what I got after ordering duergar to let me pass. Oops

This got me thinking if at a certain amount of ability uses a global flag is set - then it might actually influence next dialogs with Absolute disciples. And luckily there's one such dialog after EA cutoff that's in the game files already
Across the lake we meet drow Nere who is a True soul
And if that flag was set to true earlier then during conversation and mindmeld he can control us
*He grasps your mind, flooding it with the urge to obey him... and something within you answers.*
*For a moment, you are gone. There is only Nere and this thing in your head. You take his hand.*

or
*He grasps your mind and claws it open. Suddenly, you are one.*
*Two True Souls sharing a lust to kill. To tear down these heretics. They'd scorned The Absolute - and they would pay.*
*His rage sweeps you away, erasing you from this moment.*

Tadpole overdose leads to mind-control, people. Beware smile

addict
addict

Looks like I have to correct myself here, Cambion + Cambion = Cambion, but they prefer to pick mortals to make servants tielfings. So Raphie could be Miroza's father if her mother is also a Cambion.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by alt-thea
So I wanted to figure out, if the tadpole phrase I got at the end of EA (while you cross the lake) was a sign of ability overuse

GLO_TadpoledCount2
*Something stirs deep within you, hungry and alert... it's taking something you'll never get back.*

GLO_TadpoledCount3

GLO_TadpoledCount4
*A shadow swims across your vision, and a familiar voice tells you to be calm. You are loved.*

GLO_TadpoledCount5
*Your blood runs quicker, feeding the gnawing absence at the centre of your mind.*

GLO_TadpoledCount6
*The presence deep in your mind is awake, unblinking. This is it. A single word pervades your consciousness: 'Soon'.*

11491bda-fa57-44ed-a306-a13fdf8e3b82 - flag not yet in game, but this is not just for the count. It is checked at every phrase (needs to be false) and on this one it is set to true for probably the first time. Looks like the point of no-return for using tadpole
*Your mind is full, bursting with ecstasy and terror. Finally, it is coming. You are becoming.*

This got me thinking if at a certain amount of ability uses a global flag is set - then it might actually influence next dialogs with Absolute disciples. And luckily there's one such dialog after EA cutoff that's in the game files already
And if that flag was set to true earlier then during conversation and mindmeld he can control us
*He grasps your mind, flooding it with the urge to obey him... and something within you answers.*
*For a moment, you are gone. There is only Nere and this thing in your head. You take his hand.*

or
*Two True Souls sharing a lust to kill. To tear down these heretics. They'd scorned The Absolute - and they would pay.*

Fascinating! A good thing in all my 3 runs now (yes I need to get a life) I haven't used the taddie at all! laugh Well, I was thinking of doing an absolutely evil run but... I just can't bring myself to watch innocent pixels die. T_T

journeyman
journeyman

GLO_TadpoledCount2

GLO_TadpoledCount3

GLO_TadpoledCount4

GLO_TadpoledCount5

GLO_TadpoledCount6

or

Maybe if this was in the game already it wouldn't confuse as many people, but than there would be even more missing dialogues to hide the backstories of the 'origin' characters.

“There is only one thing we say to Death:
Not today.”
A
stranger
stranger
A

Fascinating! A good thing in all my 3 runs now (yes I need to get a life) I haven't used the taddie at all! laugh Well, I was thinking of doing an absolutely evil run but... I just can't bring myself to watch innocent pixels die. T_T

Oh, I absolutely knew there will be repercussions for cheating your way out of dialogs with the tadpole. But EA seemed a perfect time to figure out what exactly might happen and how much is 'too much'. Seems to be 7 uses for now
No problem if you do the 'evil' route and side with True Souls probably, you just cooperate with them willingly

N
old hand
old hand
N
Damn im glad all my Tav's are pure

N
old hand
old hand
N
So I finally found the nice mindflayer in the under dark and he was talking about how they havent been able to make Nautiloids since the gith revolt, so the Absolute had to have obtained it back then right?

addict
addict
This thing is weird, lol

We can find a "brain reader" at some point in Act 1 (or might find, it looks super alpha concept right now so might not make it in the final version).

It notes 3 brains available for reading:
- Adventurer that reveals some secret in either wilderness or Shadow Cursed Land.
- a mindflayer, but they haven't decided the secret yet, looks like you can ask it lore question about mindflayers and it's too alien at first
- a cleric of shar that will hint at how that "box" was acquired

enthusiast
enthusiast
This thing is weird, lol

We can find a "brain reader" at some point in Act 1 (or might find, it looks super alpha concept right now so might not make it in the final version).

- Adventurer that reveals some secret in either wilderness or Shadow Cursed Land.
- a mindflayer, but they haven't decided the secret yet, looks like you can ask it lore question about mindflayers and it's too alien at first

Next step in tadpole evolution? Or just an item?

A
enthusiast
enthusiast
A
So this is confirmation that the psionic power can take over the true souls completely. Thanks for the information.

I sometimes use thought experiments. I don't necessarily believe in every idea I post for discussion on this forum
X
stranger
stranger
X
I have received those quotes without ever using a power , so that is really interesting.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Verte
This thing is weird, lol

Next step in tadpole evolution? Or just an item?

A machine somewhere in Act 1, I didn't really dig further.

edit: I just realized that the file start with TUT, which means it's supposed to be on the tutorial (i.e. ship). Cleary not in the game yet or they removed it.

Last edited by azarhal; 06/11/20 12:53 AM.
A
stranger
stranger
A
Originally Posted by ArmouredHedgehog
So this is confirmation that the psionic power can take over the true souls completely. Thanks for the information.

As a PC you get an option to roll dice and break from influence at least in that particular conversation. If you fail that roll the game will think that you sided with NPC. And it's possible that higher ranking Absolute adepts might completely take over your mind

Vhaldez Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict

GLO_TadpoledCount2

GLO_TadpoledCount3

GLO_TadpoledCount4

GLO_TadpoledCount5

GLO_TadpoledCount6

or

Great find. Do you think this means we'll be locked into a "bad" ending once we cross this threshold?

A
stranger
stranger
A
Great find. Do you think this means we'll be locked into a "bad" ending once we cross this threshold?

Considering that's not even the end of Act1? I sure hope not, maybe we'll be stuck with rolling dice against mind control from time to time. Or maybe Omeluums ring will work for that (I don't see any other flags checked in conversation with Nere, but that might change). Or we actually will be able to get the tadpoles out of our heads sooner rather than later and the main plot won't revolve around them. There are files for gith creche that suggest we'll have an option to neutralize them there. Though it probably will just be another failed attempt.

A
enthusiast
enthusiast
A
In the ritual quest (at Moonrise?) there will be another person willing to extract the tadpole. But it seems that it won't work.
Could also take place in Baldurs Gate as it is related to the Knights of Shield

Last edited by ArmouredHedgehog; 06/11/20 11:07 AM.

I sometimes use thought experiments. I don't necessarily believe in every idea I post for discussion on this forum
Page 11 of 21 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 20 21

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard