Next Thread
Print Thread
N
Nebuul Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
N
I just downloaded my copy of BG3 a couple days ago, and overall I believe it shows a lot of promise. However, there are two aspects of the interface that I find extremely frustrating and seem like they could be improved.

First of all, some creatures are very difficult to select in combat. It would be a terrific improvement if we could apply our action to a creature's portrait instead of having to find the exact spot to click the creature's pixels in the game. For example, if I want to attack a goblin, and we are in combat, I should be able to just choose my action and then click on the goblin's portrait instead of having to click on his game model.

Second, I believe it would be incredibly beneficial of we could tilt the camera as part of mouse-controlled camera movement. Right now, we can orbit, but what if a creature is slightly elevated? Situations like that are super frustrating, and that frustration could be almost completely alleviated with this change.

Thank you for your time.

veteran
veteran
I was thinking the same ...
But im not so sure anymore. :-/

About that targeting, when you are targeting enemy that is hiding behind object, you can have "path is blocked" line ...
Then you need to aim your spell on specific part of his body, to find effective path for your spell. :-/

How would you like to solve this problem?
I can imagine that portrait aiming will be in middle of chest, and if you want to aim elsewhere, you need to do that manualy ... question is, would that satisfy you?

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
veteran
veteran
The targeting problem is almost guaranteed to be just a side effect of the UI being a work in progress.
DOS 2 had portrait selection, so I wouldn't worry about it being there.

The camera... Well, that tends to be a mess in general. I think the worst offender is the insane amount of "lens deformation" it applies for things that are closer to the camera compared to the ones a bit more afar.
Ideally, freedom of maneuver aside, a more "orthogonal" default camera (you know, like BG2!) would arguably solve a lot of issues already.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN

Link Copied to Clipboard