Next Thread
Print Thread
A
Airdrin Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
The magic system is great and I think that if you add at least one of the melee weapon magic cantrips (booming blade, green flame blade) then mages will have more build options than just shocking grasp. DnD added in melee cantrips so I think they'd do well in BG3.

P
addict
addict
P
Please add the martial cantrips. Think of all those Eldritch Knights and blade pact Warlocks out there suffering without martial cantrips.

N
N
+1 i actually hope in addition to the phb that larian incorporates the sword coast setting book - to me it seems like a no brainer given the book's mechanics are all pulled from this region of the FR setting in which bg3 takes place. in particular i hope they include the realm specific subclasses from that source book (looking at you arcana domain cleric)

Last edited by nation; 06/11/20 04:18 PM. Reason: sp
L
enthusiast
enthusiast
L
https://www.nexusmods.com/baldursgate3/mods/91 There you go. Someone made these mods already.

Originally Posted by nation
+1 i actually hope in addition to the phb that larian incorporates the sword coast setting book - to me it seems like a no brainer given the book's mechanics are all pulled from this region of the FR setting in which bg3 takes place. in particular i hope they include the realm specific subclasses from that source book (looking at you arcana domain cleric)

Yes, please. Booming Blade, Green Flame Blade, and Bladesinger. It's a Forgotten Realms specific supplement, so it seems a necessary addition.

P
addict
addict
P
Scag subclasses would also be good, not all of them made it into Xans and a lot of people forget scag because it was mostly history and lore with less player options.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Piff
Please add the martial cantrips. Think of all those Eldritch Knights and blade pact Warlocks out there suffering without martial cantrips.

Don't forget the Arcane Trickster. Those are bread and butter cantrips.

F
apprentice
apprentice
F
Please add Hexblade aswell. Playing Pact of the blade warlock, but not having access to Hexblade leaves you with a weak melee Warlock with light armor and low AC. You give up way too much just for wanting to use a melee weapon as pact of the blade.

apprentice
apprentice
I have to wonder if they are even allowed to use the source material these are from. They may well be limited to the core books. That would be sad.

Does anyone know?

P
addict
addict
P
The book these came from originally is a core book, the sword coast adventurer's guide, and then they were reprinted in the most recent book, Tasha'a cauldron of everything, also a core book. The question of what is and isn't "core" is a little blurry (re: ALL the planeshift content, technically official). You can use the adventure's league as a kind of guide, they have some restricting rules on what is and isn't allowed, but I personally dislike using AL as a touchstone for home games or third party made games.

But the question really should be: how many books OTHER than the basic player's handbook are they planning on looking at? We already have tief subraces from mordykordy, is that book next? How far will it go, considering people have issues with class power creep in the subsequent books? No one who has ever played a gish or hybrid class can deny that these spells are needed.

Link Copied to Clipboard