Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
K
journeyman
journeyman
K
I love companion interactions like Korgan giving everybody shit in BG2 or Morte and Annah verbally duking it out in Planescape. Those interactions were always fun. I find that more interesting than just having the main character talk to the party members one-on-one -- it gives more of a sense that you're in an adventuring party together.

Abits Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Jolee Bindo. This guy is so cool. with a single character BioWare made the prequel trilogy lore more sensible and cohesive. How many video game characters can say that?

This is something both Kotor games did even better than Baldur's Gate. Not only were they loyal to the source metrial, they also built upon it, challenged it, and addressed it's faults.

Last edited by Abits; 06/11/20 06:19 AM.

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
enthusiast
enthusiast
Anyone else have this tendemcy to stick with first set of the companions? (well, unless meet some sassy one later)

Wish there were more banters between companions in BG3, it's too short and too 1v1 now. DAO has this perfect length of convo in party, it's more 'alive', diverse there. For example Wynne acting like a mother figure especially for Alistair, I found them hilarious together.

Last edited by Verte; 06/11/20 12:30 PM.
M
apprentice
apprentice
M
For me a lot of RPG (type) games were awesome at the time (but of course feel badly dated now). BG + BG2, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, Torment, Might and Magic 1-8, the original AD&D games such as Eye of the Beholder and the later ones like Dark Sun. TBH the list is almost endless, even of the ones I remember.

So for me of the RPG ones I can remember first time through it would be Morrowind, Dark Sun, Torment, M+M 7, BG, Menzoberrenzan and many, many others lol. It is hard to separate so many games as a lot were great fun to play in their time. It is also harder to rate games nowadays as I mainly play MMORPG's which are a whole different kettle of fish.

A lot easier to do of course is to try and remember the truly bad ones. M + M 9 has to be second on the list with Skyrim on the top. I absolutely hated that game (and still do), in my opinion Bethesda's only failure (I can't rate Redguard though as I never got it to work).

As for studio's / companies I always liked stuff by SSI and tried to get whatever their latest release was, whatever type of game it was. Up until XTC I always enjoyed the Egosoft games, even with all the bugs, but Rebirth killed that and X4 hammered the nails in.

However, being 40 something life isn't about liking things, its about how much you dislike everything, in 21 months I'll be back to being a normal human being again and will have a more level view.

old hand
old hand
SSI made a whole lot of great D&D games (for their day). I loved them when I was growing up.

journeyman
journeyman
Don't know about studios but the games I like and enjoy and in no particular order. Their are other games I like but it would take too long and wouldn't want to create a huge list.

1.) Pathfinder: Kingmaker
2.) Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - waiting for that when it gets released
3.) Pillars of Eternity and Pillars of Eternity: Deadfire
4.) Neverwinter nights and Neverwinter Nights 2
5.) Mass Effect 1 - 3
6.) Dragon Age Origins and Dragon Age Inquisition
7.) Baldur's Gate 1 and 2
8.) Icewind Dale and Icewind Dale 2
9.) Skyrim
10:) Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines
11:) Witcher 3
12:) Trails of Cold Steel 1-3 and waiting for the 4th one
13:) Horizon: Zero Dawn

I am planning on getting Solasta when I get my paycheck

I was thinking of Starfield from Bethesda but I want them to show way more than nothing.

Last edited by Iszaryn; 07/11/20 06:15 AM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Iszaryn
I was thinking of Starfield from Bethesda but I want them to show way more than nothing.

Same here. Recently some static images of the game were leaked by someone. You should be able to Google them.

T
addict
addict
T
Originally Posted by Firesnakearies
SSI made a whole lot of great D&D games (for their day). I loved them when I was growing up.

Going to point again to Kikoskia who did a fun series of Eye of the Beholder let's plays....one of his characters from that series is now the character for his Streaming Animal Crossing island.

Kiko's fans have called it "Kiko the Radio Play" because it's one of the ones where he gets most into voicing the characters and adding his own dialogue and interaction.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Matt Chat from Matt Barton, the author of "Dungeons & Desktops", is also a great channel if you're into the history of RPGs -- he has stuff on contemporary developers too though. Some highlights in particular include interviews with Fargo about the fall of Interplay, SSI, Black Isle's Urquhart, and so on. I'm surprised he doesn't have more viewers. Perhaps his stuff is too indepth for that -- those are really comprehensive interviews and also peaks at games both old and new. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCE98xefVUXmbvQfe-wNS8oA

Last edited by Sven_; 08/11/20 11:07 AM.
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard