Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Sozz Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
I'm specifically talking about the meeting with the dragonrider and his troop. Larian does a very annoying thing during the dialogue here

If you have Lae'zel in your party she attempts to take the initiative during the dialogue, this is good, my issue comes after this. If you cede that to her the game still seems to think you're in control of what happens next, I've done this a few times both with a Lae'zel who dislikes me and one that respects me, it doesn't make sense either way for her to be looking to me for guidance when she's talking to her own people, and a superior.

Having every dialogue beat revolve around secret hand gestures telling her what to say is pretty egregious, I can understand a persuade check to get her to hold off on talking about the tadpoles or the mystery box but as it stands there's really nothing yet that makes Lae'zel look to your character for leadership. In fact I think she might actually find it a little insulting.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Tadpole/psionic? I don't now how she would see gesture when shes standing in front of us and other giths are watching.
It always amuses me when the protagonist talks with companions or shows them something in the presence of an enemy (or NPCs that shouldn't know our plans). Not suspicious at all.

veteran
veteran
I think an option to stay out of her way would be good here

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Abits
I think an option to stay out of her way would be good here

Yeah I think allowing Lae'zel to go and speak to her own while you watch from a distance should be an option. At no point did I feel it was a good idea to go and chat with 5 Gith warriors and a bloody dragon rider considering the Gith are hostile to all non-Gith races. After hearing the Dragon rider say SPOILERS "question, kill and move on" Lae'zel still runs over like a giddy infant anyway. Not like I don't enjoy the fight it is just not one I would pick at level 3.

old hand
old hand
OP, I agree completely. I also found it very grating that you controlled the conversation despite having let githgirl take the initiative.

Optimistically Apocalyptic
Sozz Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Originally Posted by Verte
It always amuses me when the protagonist talks with companions or shows them something in the presence of an enemy (or NPCs that shouldn't know our plans). Not suspicious at all.

I understand what you mean but so far this game has actually done a lot of good in this regard, between Shadowheart and Lae'zel sniping at each other in the middle of conversations with you to Priestess Gut and Minthara reacting when Wyl eggs you on to fight. Not that it's perfect.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Sozz
Originally Posted by Verte

I understand what you mean but so far this game has actually done a lot of good in this regard, between Shadowheart and Lae'zel sniping at each other in the middle of conversations with you to Priestess Gut and Minthara reacting when Wyl eggs you on to fight. Not that it's perfect.

Guess I have missed it by taking Gale over Wyll (eldritch blast gameplay is too monotonous). Good that the game is self-aware then. hehe

Link Copied to Clipboard