Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 21 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 20 21
A
stranger
stranger
A
Originally Posted by ArmouredHedgehog
In the ritual quest (at Moonrise?) there will be another person willing to extract the tadpole. But it seems that it won't work.
Could also take place in Baldurs Gate as it is related to the Knights of Shield

I don't see Moonrise stuff in Underdark (UND) Dialogs, is it in text anywhere? Or info from audio files?

Dez Offline
addict
addict
Originally Posted by alt-thea
So I wanted to figure out, if the tadpole phrase I got at the end of EA (while you cross the lake) was a sign of ability overuse
This is the order of reactions to tadpole use
GLO_TadpoledCount1 - first time used
*A shiver runs across your mind... you feel sated.*

GLO_TadpoledCount2
*Something stirs deep within you, hungry and alert... it's taking something you'll never get back.*

GLO_TadpoledCount3
*Your mind lurches, reeling suddenly as if... bitten.*

GLO_TadpoledCount4
*A shadow swims across your vision, and a familiar voice tells you to be calm. You are loved.*

GLO_TadpoledCount5
*Your blood runs quicker, feeding the gnawing absence at the centre of your mind.*

GLO_TadpoledCount6
*The presence deep in your mind is awake, unblinking. This is it. A single word pervades your consciousness: 'Soon'.*

11491bda-fa57-44ed-a306-a13fdf8e3b82 - flag not yet in game, but this is not just for the count. It is checked at every phrase (needs to be false) and on this one it is set to true for probably the first time. Looks like the point of no-return for using tadpole
*Your mind is full, bursting with ecstasy and terror. Finally, it is coming. You are becoming.*
And that's exactly what I got after ordering duergar to let me pass. Oops

This got me thinking if at a certain amount of ability uses a global flag is set - then it might actually influence next dialogs with Absolute disciples. And luckily there's one such dialog after EA cutoff that's in the game files already
Across the lake we meet drow Nere who is a True soul
And if that flag was set to true earlier then during conversation and mindmeld he can control us
*He grasps your mind, flooding it with the urge to obey him... and something within you answers.*
*For a moment, you are gone. There is only Nere and this thing in your head. You take his hand.*

or
*He grasps your mind and claws it open. Suddenly, you are one.*
*Two True Souls sharing a lust to kill. To tear down these heretics. They'd scorned The Absolute - and they would pay.*
*His rage sweeps you away, erasing you from this moment.*

Tadpole overdose leads to mind-control, people. Beware smile

Now that is VERY interesting, thank you very much!

Hoot hoot, stranger! Fairly new to CRPGs, but I tried my best to provide some feedback regardless! <3 Read it here: My Open Letter to Larian
A
enthusiast
enthusiast
A

I don't see Moonrise stuff in Underdark (UND) Dialogs, is it in text anywhere? Or info from audio files?

It is in the journal entries. I would not be surprised to see the knights work with the absolute. No hint so far of a cure that works. The game seems to let the players fail again and again to eventually force them into the Raphael deal.

I sometimes use thought experiments. I don't necessarily believe in every idea I post for discussion on this forum
A
stranger
stranger
A

It is in the journal entries. I would not be surprised to see the knights work with the absolute. No hint so far of a cure that works. The game seems to let the players fail again and again to eventually force them into the Raphael deal.

Makes me wonder how long can we actually keep going without trying to heal it. You can skip Nettie, refuse the Hags price, ignore Volo. Halsin can't do anything yet (and he might be dead for some walkthroughs) and creche is beyond EA (again, Laezel might not be in the party by then), as are the Moonrise towers (the biggest question right now). Will we be somehow forced to try and solve our tadpole problem till Act 1 ends?

enthusiast
enthusiast

Makes me wonder how long can we actually keep going without trying to heal it. You can skip Nettie, refuse the Hags price, ignore Volo. Halsin can't do anything yet (and he might be dead for some walkthroughs) and creche is beyond EA (again, Laezel might not be in the party by then), as are the Moonrise towers (the biggest question right now). Will we be somehow forced to try and solve our tadpole problem till Act 1 ends?

Too early and we build up our team around tadpole problem. Solving it in act 1 make no sense from narrative perspective.

F
addict
addict
F
Originally Posted by Verte

Too early and we build up our team around tadpole problem. Solving it in act 1 make no sense from narrative perspective.

Yup, this is a narrative problem really. It's obvious Nettie, the Hag, Volo etc aren't going to be able to sort out the tadpole because it is far too early in the story, so it is pointless to ask them to try.

Vhaldez Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
WARFORGED DIALOGUE FOUND

N
old hand
old hand
N
Warforged, interesting find. It must mean one of the origin characters must be a golem or an animated being of some sort.

Last edited by Nyanko; 07/11/20 12:59 PM.
R
old hand
old hand
R
Originally Posted by Vhaldez
WARFORGED DIALOGUE FOUND

Ok this is completely unexpected. I was expecting some non-standard races but certainly not warforged.

N
old hand
old hand
N
They said at some point there would be an origin character who would actually be 2 characters in the game. Some people must have thought they were talking about Minsc and Boo, but I guess it might be rather something more exotic like a flesh being and a warforged.

addict
addict

The main quest for Act 1 is called "remove the tadpole". Halsin did say that we will find answers at the Moonrise Towers and that's pretty much the end of Act 1. So yes.

The game plot pretty much set up Halsin -> Moonrise Towers too. All the failure options are optional.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Speaking of the tadpole... I have a rather convoluted question to you dataminers, which also will include some spoilers so:

Does drinking the potion Omeluum (that friendly mind flayer in the Underdark) gives the player seem to have any negative effect on possible mind control at Moonrise Towers? After all the main character does receive a special tadpole ability from repulsing Omeluum's barrier-lowering-infiltration-attempts and in turn, we do get that mind barrier ring from him to shield the tadpole from growing, now I'm asking this question, because according to the journal update - it states that 'The potion Omeluum gave us didn't work - it made the parasite stronger.' Which is why I am curious what kinds of repercussions this will have? Or does actually using the tadpole in dialogue and that repulsor ability only count towards possible 'bad ending'?

Last edited by Nicottia; 07/11/20 03:57 PM.
R
old hand
old hand
R
Originally Posted by Nicottia
Speaking of the tadpole... I have a rather convoluted question to you dataminers, which also will include some spoilers so:

Does drinking the potion Omeluum (that friendly mind flayer in the Underdark) gives the player seem to have any negative effect on possible mind control at Moonrise Towers? After all the main character does receive a special tadpole ability from repulsing Omeluum's barrier-lowering-infiltration-attempts and in turn, we do get that mind barrier ring from him to shield the tadpole from growing, now I'm asking this question, because according to the journal update - it states that 'The potion Omeluum gave us didn't work - it made the parasite stronger.' Which is why I am curious what kinds of repercussions this will have? Or does actually using the tadpole in dialogue and that repulsor ability only count towards possible 'bad ending'?

I doubt it matters (at least I hope so). Making the ending dependent on a task you couldn't predict the outcome of is not a good project.
Besides, from what I tested, Omeluum's "help" does not start a dream sequence.
Most likely, the main consequence of the quest is a ring that should protect you from mind control if you've used tadpole too often.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Rhobar121

I doubt it matters (at least I hope so). Making the ending dependent on a task you couldn't predict the outcome of is not a good project.
Besides, from what I tested, Omeluum's "help" does not start a dream sequence.
Most likely, the main consequence of the quest is a ring that should protect you from mind control if you've used tadpole too often.

I actually did test spamming that repulsor ability over and over in a secluded zone and kept on going to rest over and over to reuse it, and mind you, all my saved characters up to this point have not used tadpole powers a single time thus they had not triggered a single dream, so my finding was - spamming repulsor does trigger the first dream (you gotta rest a lot and spam that ability like a madman), the one where the voice says 'where are you?', but further spamming didn't trigger the other dreams, what I found to be quite odd.

Which is why I was wondering if that tadpole 'getting stronger' will have any consequences. Sure, you had no way of knowing, but you could always reload. Not to mention - hag's offer is similar, takes your eye away, tells you the tadpole is steeped in netherese magic and trusting Volo is just dumb. Still, each of these tadpole removal options has dire consequences. Also, I don't trust Omeluum, he might sound quite benevolent, but in the absolute best case scenario, he's a neutral party, he didn't mind working with a damn lich for crying out loud, then he changed his mind about his lich friend... also, Society of Brilliance is a neutral organization, in comparison Harpers are generally considered good and Zentharim are evil.

Last edited by Nicottia; 07/11/20 05:23 PM.
R
old hand
old hand
R
By the way, I wonder how the plot is supposed to work for warforged, while races such as halflings can somehow be explained, in the case of warforged I do not see any possibility.
From what they associate, they don't even have an organic brain. Technically they have no way of becoming a mind flayer.
Unless Larian suddenly changes knowledge of them, I doubt they will show up in the full game without modifying the plot especially for them.

Last edited by Rhobar121; 08/11/20 12:24 AM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
By the way, I wonder how the plot is supposed to work for warforged, while races such as halflings can somehow be explained, in the case of warforged I do not see any possibility.
From what they associate, they don't even have an organic brain. Technically they have no way of becoming a mind flayer.
Unless Larian suddenly changes knowledge of them, I doubt they will show up in the full game without modifying the plot especially for them.

I would say it;s a wink to dataminers lol

veteran
veteran

I was about to say "Well, probably the WF is only a companion and you have first person dialogues as one because you can select him to talk to people"... But then I realized that it hardly matches with the fact that you can have a "tadpole dream sequence" as one.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
addict
addict

There is something super weird going on because
there are tadpoled skeletons in the game files.

R
old hand
old hand
R
Originally Posted by azarhal

There is something super weird going on because
there are tadpoled skeletons in the game files.

I can still believe the skeletons animated by tadpoles (even though it's stupid).
After all, they would be enemies (please say they're just enemies)

After all, playable warforged (they shouldn't even be here) not only contradicts lore but also logic. Even if by some miracle he was infected, the tadpole would starve to death.
The character should just tell the rest of the companions to take care of themselves and leave.

Last edited by Rhobar121; 08/11/20 01:17 AM.
N
old hand
old hand
N
The True Soul Tadpoles operate entirely diffrent than vanilla tadpoles. Regular Tadpoles munch on the brain until there is nothing left, true soul Tadpoles operate on magic, so them using ssid magic to animate skeletons or machines really isn't farfetched

Page 12 of 21 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 20 21

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard