Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Jhelzei Offline OP
OP Offline
100 hours into the game and I have yet to find a single magical light/finesse weapon, not even a +1 dagger. (Funnily enough, that's usually the first magical weapon I run into in a D&D game.) Is there a secret stash somewhere? A rogue merchant I'm missing? My ranger is dual wielding mundane scimitars at this point, and it's pretty underwhelming.

I do notice lots of spears though. Almost never see magical spears in other games. Maybe it's because they effectively require no special proficiencies ??

If anyone knows of a location, please spoil me.

Last edited by Jhelzei; 07/11/20 11:18 PM.
addict
addict
I found a few actually.

A powerful dagger that gives Bless the next round if you hit.

Shortsword +1.

Others I can list if you want.
I forget where exactly, except a dagger that protects against Goblins (if you want that, but pretty sure it is +0).

Last edited by Baraz; 07/11/20 11:41 PM.
addict
addict
You can buy +1 dagger and +1 scimitar in the druids grove
You can get the Steelforged Sword in the blacksmiths cellar in blighted village
You can make the sussur dagger

There might be other light + finesse, but idk.

Jhelzei Offline OP
OP Offline
@alice_ashpool My ranger actually screwed up in the Druid's Grove and cast Animal Friendship on a shape-changed Druid. It didn't end well - for the Druids. Anyway, I decided to live with the consequences of my actions, and it was a tough fight besides. But that cut me off from a lot of Druid Grove resources.

journeyman
journeyman
+1 Rapier and dagger at the halfling trader in the goblin HQ building on the left side, as you go in from the front. Tell them Balls sent you.

Jhelzei Offline OP
OP Offline
She got PO’d when I performed goblin genocide. So she’s no longer among the living. But I’ll take advantage of that next time around...

Ooh, if I mention your name do I get a discount? That little grifter overcharges.

Jhelzei Offline OP
OP Offline
Just found a nice shortsword that does +1d8 damage against opponents with max HP. Sadly it is a +0 weapon, but better than nothing, and more damage is always welcome.

E
E
Originally Posted by Jhelzei
Just found a nice shortsword that does +1d8 damage against opponents with max HP. Sadly it is a +0 weapon, but better than nothing, and more damage is always welcome.

Better don't get your hopes high, it's bugged for now.

N
old hand
old hand
N
My rogue has two magical short swords. So there are some in the game. The lack of armor diversity and shields and the fact there is no belt at all hint they will definitely add more equipment in the future.

old hand
old hand
100 hours into the game and I have yet to find a single magical light/finesse weapon, not even a +1 dagger. (Funnily enough, that's usually the first magical weapon I run into in a D&D game.) Is there a secret stash somewhere? A rogue merchant I'm missing? My ranger is dual wielding mundane scimitars at this point, and it's pretty underwhelming.

I do notice lots of spears though. Almost never see magical spears in other games. Maybe it's because they effectively require no special proficiencies ??

If anyone knows of a location, please spoil me.

First village (Grove) will have +1 rapiers, daggers, light maces, and hand axes. Two vendors in the town first through the gate and straight ahead is a male halfling. Second go through gate go straight and take a left where male halfling is. follow path and you'll see a blacksmith on the left hand side little bit after the curve. Vendors stock changes from what I heard daily (after long rest).

Truthfully I don't think I've seen a masterwork weapon/armor in the game, kind of wonder if it just jumps from basic to +1 gear.

Last edited by fallenj; 12/11/20 10:16 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Ellenhard

Better don't get your hopes high, it's bugged for now.

Might I ask where you found it at?

Jhelzei Offline OP
OP Offline
Might I ask where you found it at?

In the ruined village in the Underdark.

Link Copied to Clipboard