Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
P
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
P
I have a save that works fine when attempting to load it. However, every save (quick/standard) after that save are 100% corrupted. Every additional save I make is guaranteed to be corrupted as well. I am literally unable to save the game anymore past this point.

Is there a common fix for something like this?

I tried it on Vulcan and DX11 both.

addict
addict
Yeah, I'm having a similar issue as of a couple of hours ago - every time I try an load a save the game will ctd. nice.

P
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
P
Yeah, I'll attempt some fixes today and let you know what if I figure anything out!

It's a huge issue. Literally makes the game unplayable.

addict
addict
ok, so I verified the integrity of game files in steam, then went back to a save from about an hour before it occurred and that seems to have fixed things at my end, I can now load regular-saves and quick-saves made from this point, but the original 4 or 5 corrupted saves seem to be completely borked.

P
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
P
ahhhh interesting! I'm currently reinstalling. Wish I would have tried that first, lol!

Will give it a go asap. Nice find!

P
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
P
Originally Posted by alice_ashpool
ok, so I verified the integrity of game files in steam, then went back to a save from about an hour before it occurred and that seems to have fixed things at my end, I can now load regular-saves and quick-saves made from this point, but the original 4 or 5 corrupted saves seem to be completely borked.

I tried that and it still seemed to crash. I uninstalled as well to no avail. Will have to continue trying things!

A
stranger
stranger
A
After having this problem (corrupted saves, inability to make a new quick save without crashing), I've gone back a save or two and begun making manual, actual saves for a while. It seems to help. Sure, it is tedious compared to quick saves, but being sent back to desktop is worse.

T
stranger
stranger
T
I encountered this issue as well and noticed a potential issue with Steam cloud sync.

Saves with the Steam Cloud sync icon white (and that say "uploaded") load with no trouble.
Saves with the Steam Cloud sync icon gray (and that say "syncing") crash the game when I try to load them.

addict
addict
I can report that it happened again to me lmao

P
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
P
I FIXED MY ISSUE!!

So, there seems to be an issue with the chest that contains the bottle with the Spectator inside of it. The chest for the "Find the missing shipment" questline. Either that, or the fact that I earned EXP at camp by destroying it. Not sure, yet.

I took it to camp, destroyed it, and took the bottle out, completing the quest. This gave me EXP while in camp. Any saves made after this point are immediately corrupted and un-useable. Only saves from before this point will work.

P
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
P
Okay so as long as you dont break the chest open in camp the game doesn't corrupt. Although, I think it is still related to the chest.

I took the chest out of camp and broke it to complete the quest. I saved and loaded to test the corruption. When I loaded, the chest was BACK TOGETHER AGAIN and unable to be picked up, broken, opened, lockpicked, etc.

So when the chest was in camp trying to put itself back together, it corrupted the game.

This is 100% consistent and repeatable.

addict
addict
I also took the chest to camp, so I could get astarion to pick it open and took out the bottle. Then kicked him and went back to the cave and killed the spectator. That happened just before the first instance of the bug - So I can see the link. But 2nd instance not so much: i did exactly the same and it didn't bug, yet now a day later it has bugged out on that save, much further down the line, messing around in the druid grove.

A
stranger
stranger
A
I've had the issue without ever seeing the chest.

Link Copied to Clipboard