Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Let's add a battle whip, knout, sjambok, scythe etc to the game.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

As well as unique options for swords, for ex I was sure that the demon commander from the prologue would have a beautiful fire sword as a drop, but I got a standard model

Last edited by OneManArmy; 10/11/20 12:17 AM. Reason: scythe

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
enthusiast
enthusiast
+1
Hell yeah

And a scythe, to kill all our desires.

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by Verte
+1
Hell yeah

Scythe is the perfect weapon for a necromancer, a great idea
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E
I agree smile , I hope you wont get flamed like I did in my post :), like ... oh noo I like my weapon to be realistically sized.... smile

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Evil_it_Self; 09/11/20 12:20 AM.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Let's add a battle whip, knout, sjambok, etc to the game.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

+1
Hell yeah

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
+1
Hell yeah

Scythe is the perfect weapon for a necromancer, a great idea
[Linked Image]

Not that my approval matters, but I agree. Scythes and whips are essential. Why not be pro all weapons though? So many sexy and deadly weapons there are. No?

enthusiast
enthusiast
[Linked Image]

Edit: Also this kinda goes for the thread about the datamined armor I guess.
Apparently people would be '' embarrassed '' by wearing pink according to some people, meanwhile our ancestors walked around with penis daggers.

And yes these daggers were VERY common.

Last edited by Svalr; 09/11/20 12:22 AM.
E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E

Last edited by Evil_it_Self; 09/11/20 12:34 AM.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
addict
addict
we demand more sexy amulet

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by alice_ashpool
we demand more sexy amulet

Putting this in Spoiler warning cuz NSFW I guess?

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

But remember.
Wearing pink back in the day would be '' embarrassing ''.

Last edited by Svalr; 09/11/20 01:02 AM.
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by Svalr
Apparently people would be '' embarrassed '' by wearing pink according to some people, meanwhile our ancestors walked around with penis daggers.

Usually known as "bollock daggers" in the UK, AIUI.

Anyway, regular swords are sexy enough; by which I mean RL ones without all the jewels and batwings and spikes. Here's a couple of mine.

[Linked Image]

J'aime le fromage.
veteran
veteran
Hey Svalr, I know you are going to beat that strawman into a fucking coma, but maybe you missed that the problem with that armor was the design more than the color.

Also, are you going to keep posting all the fringe stuff you can find under the pretense that normal people loved going around wearing it in spades?

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by vometia
Originally Posted by Svalr

Usually known as "bollock daggers" in the UK, AIUI.

Anyway, regular swords are sexy enough; by which I mean RL ones without all the jewels and batwings and spikes. Here's a couple of mine.

[Linked Image]

What sexy daggers! I would like to see such a dagger in this scene. Although, the dagger that is now in the game is also not bad. Moderately sexy but very relevant.
[Linked Image]
Although, I hadn't thought about the sexuality of daggers before. It's been a month since Early Access was released, and players are already suffering from a lack of content - discussing the sexuality of daggers

C
CMF Offline
C
Not really to the point of the post, but when you first meet up with astarion, he is holding his knife backwards. That is fine in reverse grip like the above picture, but holding it upright it is in the wrong direction....

addict
addict
I like my weapons to look traditional and functional, and don't need them to resemble BDSM equipment.
I'm somehow in the minority with that it seems.

I don't want to fall to bits 'cos of excess existential thought.

C
CMF Offline
C
No no, I too would like functional and practical looking weapons. I make some exceptions for "cool" things like a FF7 cloud sword to some degree, but there does reach a point where it is just ridiculous.

addict
addict
The whip thing can be kinda scarry. I think I love that idea the most ^^ Especially you have the metal whips made for battle and that would look awesome.

Alt+ left click in the inventory on an item while the camp stash is opened transfers the item there. Make it a reality.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Tzelanit
I like my weapons to look traditional and functional, and don't need them to resemble BDSM equipment.
I'm somehow in the minority with that it seems.

I think that you are when it comes to the '' traditional and functional '' part, most people don't care and just want things that look cool I think.
Things get really boring real fast when that's your priority and it's hard to communicate a sense of progression.
I mean it's quite underwhelming when you have a longsword, then you get '' the sword of a thousand truths '' and it's just another longsword.

I am pretty sure the OP is trolling about the whips at least tho lol, one of the whips is basically an actual BDSM whip I think.
With that said, the bollocks dagger that I linked is an actual historical dagger, they were incredibly popular in Europe.
I might be wrong about this, but I remember reading about how they were basically the predecessors of dirks.
Dirks... Diiiiiiiiicks?
I am probably reading too much into the name lol, but yeah.

Our ancestors didn't just walk around with generic swords, they had a sense of humor about it and blinged out what they wore.
They were a bit limited by standardization and how complex you could make metalwork and woodwork and keep that standardization.
But the same as with armor and clothing, the more complexity blacksmiths and tailors at large could handle the more designed and stylized it became.
In a fantasy setting it's not that hard to believe that they'd be able to handle more complexity or that blacksmiths and tailorers would put more of themselves into their works especially if magic is involved.

Cleric of Innuendo
Cleric of Innuendo
Is a bollock dagger actually 'sexy' to people? Funny or provocative, perhaps, but sexy?

Is a BDSM whip really a weapon? Would you honestly choose to carry that into battle intending to use it against an opponent?

Sometimes people's opinions and tastes on these things leave me thinking I'm a lot more vanilla than I give myself credit for.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Btw in regards to Scythes, they do get dismissed a lot but historical treatises of fighting with them actually do exist.
As did Scythes meant for war, they weren't common but they were an actual thing.
Billhooks are another example too of a tool developing into a weapon, and they were incredibly effective against armor.

So it's not quite as crazy as some may think.

Originally Posted by Sadurian
Is a bollock dagger actually 'sexy' to people? Funny or provocative, perhaps, but sexy?

Is a BDSM whip really a weapon? Would you honestly choose to carry that into battle intending to use it against an opponent?

Sometimes people's opinions and tastes on these things leave me thinking I'm a lot more vanilla than I give myself credit for.

It was mainly a joke, but I mean yeah kinda?
'' Sexy '' wasn't really a concept back then in the way that it is today, but masculinity was definitely seen as very attractive and desirable and was expressed in quite not so subtle ways all the time.
Men having toned shins was seen as incredibly attractive at one point and writers thirsted real hard about how '' sexy '' the shins of kings and nobles were.

I mean if '' boobplate '' is treated as super ultra hyper sexualized then I find it a bit silly to just totally dismiss the bollocks dagger.
It's sorta another discussion altogether tho and I think gets more into how scared we are on a societal level of acknowledging the male physique as sexual and how overly sensitive we are to the female physique.
It becomes a bit silly when if you have even the curve of a female chest on something and everyone acts like it's '' oversexualized '' but then people literally walked around with things deliberately shaped like a penis and somehow that's not sexual.

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by Sadurian

The battle whip is not uncommon, it is the standard weapon for all demonesses and succubus in video games, sometimes sorceresses. It would be nice to see him in at least female demons and Cambion, or where it will be really appropriate. Why not
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard