Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Svalr
Originally Posted by Tzelanit
I like my weapons to look traditional and functional, and don't need them to resemble BDSM equipment.
I'm somehow in the minority with that it seems.

I am pretty sure the OP is trolling about the whips at least tho lol, one of the whips is basically an actual BDSM whip I think.

I really, really don't think OP is trolling. If you're bored and feeling brave, go check out their other sexually-repressed horror show posts. Everything always has a smarmy smear of underlying kink attached to it.

And I mean, I don't really need every sword to look like a boring, flattened piece of sheet metal. I just like weapons that look like you could use them without breaking them or injuring yourself.
Whips aren't practical self-defense weapons. Scythes, on the other hand, make great weapons. I assure you, my views on the "sexiness" of weapons aren't puritanical. wink

I don't want to fall to bits 'cos of excess existential thought.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by alice_ashpool
we demand more sexy amulet

Putting this in Spoiler warning cuz NSFW I guess?

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

More NSFW Roman amulets :

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by KillerRabbit; 09/11/20 06:19 AM.
Cleric of Innuendo
Cleric of Innuendo
A few people have mentioned the scythe as a weapon of war. Don't confuse specially altered blades adapted for fighting for the actual agricultural tool. Whilst agricultural scythes were certainly used in extremis, scythes carried as more formal weapons were not simple agricultural tools but were specially adapted, usually by altering the angle of the blade to resemble a fauchard (the weapon that evolved from the scythe) or glaive. Swinging a scythe in arcs to try to cut the enemy off at the knee is not going to be an optimum tactic.

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by Sadurian
A few people have mentioned the scythe as a weapon of war. Don't confuse specially altered blades adapted for fighting for the actual agricultural tool. Whilst agricultural scythes were certainly used in extremis, scythes carried as more formal weapons were not simple agricultural tools but were specially adapted, usually by altering the angle of the blade to resemble a fauchard (the weapon that evolved from the scythe) or glaive. Swinging a scythe in arcs to try to cut the enemy off at the knee is not going to be an optimum tactic.

Is the scythe that Grim Reaper usually uses is a combat scythe, agricultural scythe, or a unique scythe?
[Linked Image]

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
enthusiast
enthusiast

When I said '' war scythe '' I actually meant scythes specifically meant for battle, altho it's worth noting that treatises for scythes as in the actual tool actually did exist.
I think they may have been more for interests sake tho or just people experimenting.
Tools becoming weapons of war was common place so it's not that strange if they experimented with them at least.

But I don't think that even the tool would be that far fetched either.
I mean flails are a good example of this, as far as I know they really weren't much of a thing in warfare their actual use is heavily debated but people still accept them in media as an actual '' believable '' weapon if you get what I mean.
And the flails I've seen in treatises are two handed too and not one handed.

Edit: I totally forgot, but those two handed flails were actual agricultural tools too.
And they had treatises too xD, but yeah there still are one handed ones that are clearly not tools but their existence is really bizarre.

I like my weapons to look traditional and functional, and don't need them to resemble BDSM equipment.

I am pretty sure the OP is trolling about the whips at least tho lol, one of the whips is basically an actual BDSM whip I think.

I really, really don't think OP is trolling. If you're bored and feeling brave, go check out their other sexually-repressed horror show posts. Everything always has a smarmy smear of underlying kink attached to it.

And I mean, I don't really need every sword to look like a boring, flattened piece of sheet metal. I just like weapons that look like you could use them without breaking them or injuring yourself.
Whips aren't practical self-defense weapons. Scythes, on the other hand, make great weapons. I assure you, my views on the "sexiness" of weapons aren't puritanical. wink

Fair enough maybe the OP isn't trolling lol, I can respect that but tbh I did assume it.
That's my bad I guess.

I get what you mean now about the weapons.
I agree that whips in this setting wouldn't really work as a weapon, I mean it works if the setting supports it and is more fantastical in that sense but I don't think that Baldur's Gate is.
Then again, aren't nunchucks a weapon in DnD too? I know that they are in Pathfinder at least.

Flails like I mentioned above is an interesting example too, people generally tend to accept them as a valid weapon even in games that are simulators and trying to be very realistic.
But their use is so heavily debated, there's so many things wrong with them lol.

Last edited by Svalr; 09/11/20 06:47 AM.
veteran
veteran
I want a +2 magic dildo please

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
Cleric of Innuendo
Cleric of Innuendo
It was mainly a joke, but I mean yeah kinda?
'' Sexy '' wasn't really a concept back then in the way that it is today, but masculinity was definitely seen as very attractive and desirable and was expressed in quite not so subtle ways all the time.

I understand that the dagger was supposed to represent hyper-masculinity and virility, I'm just surprised that people still find them sexy.

Cleric of Innuendo
Cleric of Innuendo
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Is the scythe that Grim Reaper usually uses is a combat scythe, agricultural scythe, or a unique scythe?

Given that it is not well-designed for either war or agriculture, I'm going with option c: Unique. I suspect that it is an artist's interpretation.

enthusiast
enthusiast
It was mainly a joke, but I mean yeah kinda?
'' Sexy '' wasn't really a concept back then in the way that it is today, but masculinity was definitely seen as very attractive and desirable and was expressed in quite not so subtle ways all the time.

I understand that the dagger was supposed to represent hyper-masculinity and virility, I'm just surprised that people still find them sexy.

Heh, I am sure there's some people who find it sexy.
Then again, isn't masculinity and things like virility typically what is regarded as sexy in men?

I get what you mean I don't find it sexy either, but I also don't find '' boobplate '' and such things sexy either.
Same with the bulgeplate.
Altho I do think that both bulgeplate and the bollocks dagger are different and just straight up funny as well as sexual since they're potraying actual genitalia.

Originally Posted by Abits

Maybe the people who don't like sex scenes can find a common ground here with the OP.
What if they added the magic +2 dildo, and the magic effect it has is that it satìates you and your companions sexual urges so no sex scenes happen?

veteran
veteran
I was just thinking about San Andreas where you could beat people to death with it and was filled with warm feelings

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert

I was hoping nobody would mention "that" Saints Row weapon. D:

Regarding the bollock dagger, it was actually a functional design in that the, erm, appendages were there to stop the hand from sliding off the grip onto the blade. But of course it quickly became a knob joke because people never change.

J'aime le fromage.
old hand
old hand
Yes, we need more bladed weapons in game. laugh I guess sexy weapons are too much an opinion, so it is hard to think of things in this manner that would make sense for most people.

The whip of fangs would be an awesome addition for clerics of Lolth

There was also the claw bracer associated with the Cult of the Dragon, this maybe does not fit what you are looking for but photoshopped onto a picture of Minthara should make them sexy enough? smile

In another game I play you can make a dildo spear, there is no magic however and the dildos are more useful to distract the npc enemies by throwing them (obviously won't work on players.) smile

enthusiast
enthusiast
It has been scientifically proven that dildos can be a good weapon.
I really hope that Larian reconsiders.

@ 12:00

NSFW?

May I suggest fleshlights too?

F
apprentice
apprentice
F
Scythe and battle whip are so cool ı hope Larian add these in game.

old hand
old hand
I just want some simple one-handed spears, and slings.

...I guess they can be sexy slings.

Last edited by Firesnakearies; 09/11/20 08:25 AM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Shadowheart with a whip, I can see that

Anyway, love the BB conception of weapon transformation even if is unreal
[img]https://bloodborne.wiki.fextralife.com/file/Bloodborne/Threaded_Cane_In_Action.jpg?v=1499864788947[/img]

E
E

All equipment traditional and functional please, we are gaming - our characters are surviving (immersion factor). Most armor's functionality and colouring, are immersion-breaking for now at varying degrees. I would hope people thinking like us are not a minority, though.

veteran
veteran
I would love to see more variety for weapons in terms of damage ...
I was pretty disapointed when i found out that warpicks wich is awesome and sexy for Dwarfs in mine opinion ... are quite weaker compared to other one handed weapons. frown

Also mine 2h weapon figher allways end up with either Sword of Tyr, or that Hallberard from Bernard.
Or my rogue never ends up with longbow, since heavy crossbow is so much stronger. :-/

So yeah, same as with armor ... i hope there will be both options, and also hope there will be some actual choice for us, not one totaly awesome and second totaly usless, just to seem that there are also other options ... :-/

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 09/11/20 08:52 AM.

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Ellenhard

All equipment traditional and functional please, we are gaming - our characters are surviving (immersion factor). Most armor's functionality and colouring, are immersion-breaking for now at varying degrees. I would hope people thinking like us are not a minority, though.

How can a color be '' immersion breaking ''?
Are you sure that you're not mistaking immersion for your own idealized view of the medieval ages?

Immersion is also about being consistent within the setting imo, what would '' break my immersion '' in Baldur's Gate 3 is very different than in WoW.
But Baldur's Gate 3 is still not a simulator like Mordhau or Mount and Blade ( altho people in those games still run around naked ).
I mean '' traditional '' according to what?
It's a fictional setting with its own history, cultures and fashion.

Last edited by Svalr; 09/11/20 09:03 AM.
T
journeyman
journeyman
T
I thought overall the +1 swords looks good, (Short, Long, Great) Just too long.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard