Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
addict
addict
Iirc Vlaakith has no heirs, that's why she turned herself into a lich.

Least I remember seeing that somewhere.

N
old hand
old hand
N
Originally Posted by Hachina
Pretty sure she is special. The way she talks after we meet the Dragon knight, its seems obvious that she knows the queen personally and has ulterior motives. She was chosen for a very important mission, too. And she has tons of confidence, she doesn't talk like a trainee, she talks like an elite soldier who knows a lot. In that regard, I think she is a lot like Sebille, Edgy, dangerous, and sort of a chosen one for a task. Or a candidate to be chosen one, at the very least. Like the queen personal captain or something like that.

Idk man, im still pretty sure she's just faking it. A Dragon Knight should know her if she's important and she should have a silver sword

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by N7Greenfire
Pretty sure she is special. The way she talks after we meet the Dragon knight, its seems obvious that she knows the queen personally and has ulterior motives. She was chosen for a very important mission, too. And she has tons of confidence, she doesn't talk like a trainee, she talks like an elite soldier who knows a lot. In that regard, I think she is a lot like Sebille, Edgy, dangerous, and sort of a chosen one for a task. Or a candidate to be chosen one, at the very least. Like the queen personal captain or something like that.

Idk man, im still pretty sure she's just faking it. A Dragon Knight should know her if she's important and she should have a silver sword

She says part of becoming a kithrak is getting a silver swords, so she shouldn't have one yet.

H
enthusiast
enthusiast
H

Yeah, but Sebille was the heiress of the Elven throne in DOS and she was barely more than slave when we met her. Maybe the dragon knight doesn't know Lae'Zel because he is not important enough to know, or just oblivous to Lae'Zel mission.

Maybe she is like the hero of Farseer trilogy, Fitz. An assassin or a secret agent that only the most important people know.

Or maybe she is just a delusional trainee, yeah.

Last edited by Hachina; 08/11/20 09:47 PM.

If it's what it's takes to save the world, then the world doesn't deserves to be saved - Geralt
enthusiast
enthusiast

In fairness, she could've been separated from it too.
It might even be a quest later to retrieve her sword.

enthusiast
enthusiast
If there is possibility of Laezel fighting/killing SH then I guess her 'quest' of taking mindflayer's head will change to capture an artifact. If githyanki really have a cure (lich queen is quite powerful) then box could be the price. Possible party betreyal plot

enthusiast
enthusiast
If she was, she'd have turned against us at the Githyanki Patrol.

stranger
stranger
I mean she technically does it, the only problem that she did not consider is that she was on the trapped side too

F
journeyman
journeyman
F
Vlaakith became a lich for power alone. She drains the life force of her highest level minions to increase that power. That's why in older editions where the githyanki knights reached 16th level (or I think 10/10 fighter- mage in 2nd ED) before they could reach 17th level she'd sacrifice them to both get stronger herself and to ensure that none of her subjects could usurp her.. the way she usurped the ruler before her. I know she's not actually monitoring their levels, but that's what it said about her in either 2E or 3E.

I agree that Lae'zel has a naive view of her own people. Or she has an elevated position and believes that a dragon rider should defer to her even though she is not yet one herself. If I remember right they do have a caste system with nobility.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard