Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
I'm experiencing an issue where the UI lags perhaps half a second behind reality in terms of responding to mouse position. This can be seen when moving the mouse over the main game menu for instance (the button I passed over previously is just lighting up as I get to the next button) but is especially frustrating in the inventory screen where it leads to quite a lot of miss-clicking (picking up the wrong thing, dropping it in the wrong place, etc.) and creates an overall sluggish feeling experience around the tool tips shown for inventory items (I'd expect either no delay or more delay, but not this...).

I'm running at 4k on an i7-4790K, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 Super, and have no performance issues outside the UI. I've tried dialing down the graphics settings from the default just to check, and that doesn't make any impact on the issue at all.

Is this just a thing that everyone experiences and lives with, or am I having an actual bug of some kind? Either way, I'm surprised I haven't been able to find any other discussion of it in my searching. Would love any help people can offer, as it's a bit of a distraction from the game.

C
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
Just to follow up, in case someone comes along with the same issue later, while this happened consistently the first three times I ran the game, from the fourth one on it seems to have cleared up. To my knowledge nothing changed elsewhere on my system (no reboots or anything even), but the third session was when I was changing graphics settings around. The issue was still present after changing the settings during that session, but upon starting it up again for my next session thereafter, everything was fine. My best theory is that something was off in the settings that couldn't be resolved without resetting them to a default (ultra, in my case) and then doing a full restart of the game, but I couldn't tell you what - I've still got everything turned all the way up.

M
stranger
stranger
M
It is happening to a lot of people and not just on the menu. I'm getting it intermittently throughout the game. Here is Larian's response: FYI, I tried all of these that pertained to my setup and none work.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard