Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by Yiasemi
As someone in Hong Kong I'm enjoying this expert advice. Taiwan is a nice place but really boring. Where have you been?

I was on the Internet, reading about mysterious Asia.
Hong Kong is better than the rest of China for understanding, it has more of the spirit of Western civilization. I heard about the protests and pressure from Beijing, and I hope everything will be fine. One Country, Two Systems

We are all citizens of the world, we live on the same planet.

I was always interested to learn this from the Chinese. Are the Revolutionary Committee of the Kuomintang and Kuomintang the same party? Do they keep in touch and cooperate?

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
S
Banned
Banned
S
Nice racism. Didn't expect anything else from this forum wink

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by Stahlhengst
Nice racism. Didn't expect anything else from this forum wink

I wanted to answer you with a collage "LMAO" depicting one historical figure, but I'm afraid that this is a bad idea and may offend someone's feelings. So I'm not a racist!

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
W
Banned
Banned
W
Got banned for pointing out racism against Chinese people.

Does Larian support this racist policy or is it just the mods here who are racist?

Cleric of Innuendo
Cleric of Innuendo
Coming back with a new account and immediately being disruptive after being banned is not a wise move.

S
veteran
veteran
S
Criticising a genocidal dictatorship is racism.
Are you out of your mind?

also in case anyone else hasnt gotten that one: the primary victim of the chinese government are the chinese.
Naturally, many chinese dont see it that way, because strong politics tend to make people patriotic, at least as long as they seem to have the upper hand over their neighbours, but damn i dont want to be a journalist in that country.

Last edited by Sordak; 09/11/20 08:13 PM.
veteran
veteran
Well that escalated quickly (but frankly, predictably)..

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
addict
addict
Ooh boy. I'm staying outta this one.

Came for legit question, leaving because I'd get banned if I open my mouth.

Ho-ly shit guys.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Imora DalSyn
Ooh boy. I'm staying outta this one.

Came for legit question, leaving because I'd get banned if I open my mouth.

Ho-ly shit guys.

Pretty sure you won't.

It should be pointed out too that criticizing the Chinese government is different than criticizing Chinese people.
There's definitely a lot of genuine racism towards Chinese people, even just random Asians have been harassed in the US in public because of Covid for very racist reasons.
But criticizing a government just isn't.

This is also why people should avoid generalizing Chinese people and what they eat or don't eat etc...
It's that kinda shit that leads to racism and random people being targeted.

Last edited by Svalr; 10/11/20 02:01 AM.
S
veteran
veteran
S
>what they eat
its hardly racism to point out that the chinese meat markets are disgusting and that any competent government would impose hygiene standards, consdiering this is hardly the first time an outbreak of some contagious plague can be traced back to those animal markets

old hand
OP Offline
old hand

journeyman
journeyman
I hope not. I'm getting sick of my content getting censored because of China's censorship. Yes, change THEIR copies, but a worldwide change for one country? Please don't.

Last edited by Divine Star; 11/11/20 01:27 PM.
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by Divine Star
I hope not. I'm getting sick of my content getting censored because of China's censorship. Yes, change THEIR copies, but a worldwide change for one country? Please don't.

Of course, this is exclusively about the Chinese version of the game.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by OneManArmy

Okay cool. I just had a flashback of that trailer (I can't remember for the life of me which one it was, COD?) where China didn't like it so they had to remake the entire global trailer just to appease them. It's things like that which makes me go 'please don't'.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by OneManArmy

Okay cool. I just had a flashback of that trailer (I can't remember for the life of me which one it was, COD?) where China didn't like it so they had to remake the entire global trailer just to appease them. It's things like that which makes me go 'please don't'.

Because of the Tiananmen square clip, aye. Surprised it wasn't over the Bezmenov clip, too.

stranger
stranger
I think its best to stay away from China.......we shouldn't support a country with such a horrid human rights record......the type of government that would support putting slugs into your brains if it helped them control you.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard