Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
(SPOILER WARNING)

One thing I love about Baldur's Gate 3 so far is how rich every area is, so I wanted to make this thread specifically for the Underdark because right now it feels very close to being polished but I did find myself running into a few bugs and odd situations.

Bugs Encountered:

Arcane Tower - one or more party members will phase through the ground when the lift ascends. I experienced this the most when going to The Tower's secret basement.

Climbable terrain (towards Spectator encounter) - There is a specific piece of climbable terrain that when climbed, the player (or at least dwarves) will fall through the world and spawn at camp dead.

Improvement Suggestions:

Beholder-kin (Spectator) encounter - I was pleasantly surprised at finding a beholder-kin (pooped my pants a little), especially it being an Spectator too. I think it would be cool to give more flavour to the Spectator, maybe give a chance for dialogue and perhaps not have the Observer be hostile if the dialogue is successful, considering it's one of the few Beholder-kin that are not outright malicious and are Lawful Neutral. There could be a side-quest involving freeing the Drow under the Beholder's magic too.

Last edited by pickleshoho; 09/11/20 11:32 PM.
F
journeyman
journeyman
F
I would think that, as a Drow, using the Basilisk Venom (or whatever the item is called) to remove their paralysis would give me the option to talk to the Drow, but I've only ever been attacked by them. It's incredibly disappointing after all the effort I went to making sure the Spectator died in one turn before it could control any of them.

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I was going to say this, I thought it was weird that the Drow would attack their saviors

enthusiast
enthusiast
Not really,
a) they are drow
b) they don't know our intentions; not sure if they even sense what's going on around them and they were probably petrified in fight

stranger
stranger
My tiefling consistently fell through the world at the climbable vines near the spectator encounter as well. Also I love the underdark!! Can't wait to see what it'll be like in full release!

What is the colour of night? Sanguine, my brothers and sisters.

Link Copied to Clipboard