Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Peranor Offline OP
OP Offline
Does any of the many clutter items have any practical use (yet)? Items such as rope, forks and spoons, cups and chalices, tongs, hammers, bone and skulls etc etc

old hand
old hand
You can throw them to kill enemies for the memes.

Peranor Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Firesnakearies
You can throw them to kill enemies for the memes.

Yeah, I guess that's it then? smile

Cleric of Innuendo
Cleric of Innuendo
You can also cast Light on them and throw them into dark places.

addict
addict
They were in DOS2 so they are in BG3.

veteran
Online Embarrased
veteran
Havent anyone of you heared about Junk Jet?

You haven't lived until you've killed someone with a teddy bear.
*Fallout 4

If my comments bother you, there is nothing easier than telling me to stop.
I mean ... I won't ... but it's easy to say. wink
G
apprentice
apprentice
G
You can also use some spells to turn them into projectiles if you want to! Besides, in actual pen and paper dnd you can pick up pretty much anything if you want to, why not in bg3 too. Some players will get some use of them, whether it is some weird combat use or just to decorate their camp.

Peranor Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Gathord
You can also use some spells to turn them into projectiles if you want to! Besides, in actual pen and paper dnd you can pick up pretty much anything if you want to, why not in bg3 too. Some players will get some use of them, whether it is some weird combat use or just to decorate their camp.

I got nothing against the clutter per se. I'm just curious if there is something I should hold on to in case i have need for it later on. Rope for climbing, hamers for crafting and so on.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Peranor

I got nothing against the clutter per se. I'm just curious if there is something I should hold on to in case i have need for it later on. Rope for climbing, hamers for crafting and so on.

Not that I have encountered. I was expecting rope to be at least a little useful like the occasional need for it in Kingmaker, but nope. I wouldn't bother holding on to any items for now. I would imagine that by the time they add in content like crafting, they will do a sever reset anyway.

Back from timeout.
journeyman
journeyman
It would be nice to have use for rope for scaling, tying foes and such things. It's the first item you buy in pen & paper!

old hand
old hand
Yup when I saw there were rope and shovels I carried them around for my entire first playrhrough. Very disappointed.

Optimistically Apocalyptic
veteran
veteran
The shovel has one use but it's pretty stupid. Hoping the rope will eventually have a use.

old hand
old hand
What did the shovel do?

veteran
veteran
You can

dig up the dog's grave to get its collar. If you wear the collar in the arcane tower you get infinite amount of food from the dog bowl button. You can also not be a jerk and put crocus flowers on the grave. No known boost other than not being an awful person.

old hand
old hand
Huh, I did do that on that play through. I had no idea you could use the collar in any way though. Or that I wouldn't have been able to do it without the shovel wink

T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T
I don't mind tons of items being in the game as interactable objects, especially since there can be some fun interactions with crafting and spells later on. But there needs to be a more efficient looting/inventory system to deal with the trash.

N
stranger
stranger
N
I held on to the brain jars from the nautiloid (our mind and dark mind) just to trade them with Omeluum. I was hoping he would be happy to receive illithid books and some pickled brains in traid. But there must be some limits to the game and I am happy on the level of interactability of things.

Link Copied to Clipboard