Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 45 1 2 3 4 5 44 45
old hand
old hand
A stealth update? How? Steam would show any downloads queued or completed.

N
old hand
old hand
N
Originally Posted by mfr
For your collective information, I've just started a new character, Drow, you've got to laugh! Incidents around the Druids' Grove suggest there has been a stealth update.

Such as?

addict
addict
Originally Posted by N7Greenfire
Originally Posted by mfr
For your collective information, I've just started a new character, Drow, you've got to laugh! Incidents around the Druids' Grove suggest there has been a stealth update.

Such as?
He's experiencing hallucinative denial, the poor soul...

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Tarlonniel
A stealth update? How? Steam would show any downloads queued or completed.

Yeah, that didn't happen.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
enthusiast
enthusiast
Early Access = Beta Test. Period. You get to test various aspects of the game, while the company collects data, listens to feedback (not necessarily responding to feedback) and ultimately makes whatever changes it deems necessary in reaching a final product.

Unfortunately, some folk seem to ignore the language Larian used to describe the EA, and decided that Early Access means advanced access to a finished product.

My best guess (and it is certainly just a guess) is we MAY see an update/patch somewhere in December, as a sort of holiday gift to Early Access folk, and to keep us busy during the holiday vacation season.

veteran
veteran
I'm taking the lack of a weekly patch as confirmation that moonrise towers will be included next time.

N
old hand
old hand
N
Originally Posted by Anfindel
Early Access = Beta Test. Period. You get to test various aspects of the game, while the company collects data, listens to feedback (not necessarily responding to feedback) and ultimately makes whatever changes it deems necessary in reaching a final product.

Unfortunately, some folk seem to ignore the language Larian used to describe the EA, and decided that Early Access means advanced access to a finished product.

My best guess (and it is certainly just a guess) is we MAY see an update/patch somewhere in December, as a sort of holiday gift to Early Access folk, and to keep us busy during the holiday vacation season.

Yeah, it must be true for some people. Personally, I am trying my best to break all their rules and I do hope they will get my data. Because the cheese is so intense in some situations, like sniping the hag without even entering combat or killing minotaurs one at a time with a solo wizard, that they really need to fix some stuff.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by KillerRabbit
I'm taking the lack of a weekly patch as confirmation that moonrise towers will be included next time.

I'm having too much fun with all the speculations and datamining.

veteran
veteran
Having fun with that as well. Which is why the need to put in moonrise towers so the dataminers can focus on act 2 wink

enthusiast
enthusiast
Having fun with that as well. Which is why the need to put in moonrise towers so the dataminers can focus on act 2 wink

Is there even act 2 (or some sort of skeleton of act 2) to datamine? I thought access to act 1 stuff was the main reason behind the ''very small'' size of the game? So far we got stripped down 80GB out of advertised 150GB version of the game. wink

veteran
veteran
Just a bit we know where act two and three take place, the maps for act two. As I understand it's not clear if spoiler character is in 1B or 2.

old hand
old hand
Moonrise Towers plus the two other routes to Moonrise Towers, at least one of which will be important for at least one of our companions (Lae'zel). So far I haven't seen much datamined stuff on those other two routes.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Being honest, at this stage of the game, a patch a week of some kind doesn't seem terribly beyond the ability of Larian--not at all...;) The current game is really, really raw--I mean, alpha raw, not beta raw, yet. When I bought the game in EA I knew it would be rough--and really don't mind it, as such, but then I thought that instead of one huge patch every 2-3 weeks we'd be looking at one smaller patch each week, on average, the cumulative total of three patches in three weeks roughly matching the current *huge* patch. It's now been--two weeks?--since the latest huge patch. The smaller patches--not hotfixes--but patches more specialized, etc., would go a long way to making the EA a lot more palatable. Et Tu, Brutus?...;)

I really, really want to keep playing--but I also really, really want some tangible improvement along with my raw gaming...;) I think the game will be great--certainly a contender for the Game of the Decade--but the EA isn't going to win any prizes currently. A smaller patch weekly would be something to look forward to each week to keep the EA enthusiasm going. Just my two cents, but it would be nice maybe if Sven would consider something like this as a way of accelerating the process a bit without these interminable waits in between patches.

I'm one of these weird people who actually enjoys starting over with subsequent patches and I'm usually glad to do so...;) Jus geeve a'me der patch'eh man! Yo' he'ah? Or my name isn't Zorro!

Z

Last edited by Waltc; 12/11/20 01:20 AM.

I'm never wrong about anything, and so if you see an error in any of my posts you will know immediately that I did not write it...;)
old hand
old hand
Has it been stated that we'll get meaningful content added for EA?

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Horrorscope
Has it been stated that we'll get meaningful content added for EA?

Depends on how do you define "meaningful".
We are not getting new parts of the story, but we are supposed to get races, classes, mechanical improvements, etc. Maybe even one extra level up at some point, who knows.

Last edited by Tuco; 12/11/20 04:37 AM.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
old hand
old hand
When they said that Early Access was going to last for "over a year", I took that to mean "at least 18 months probably". And knowing that the Early Access period is THAT long, I came into it expecting slow development, very long stretches between updates, and a need for patience.

We didn't pay $60 (or whatever you paid) for the Early Access client. We paid for the eventual finished game. That's the product they sold us. By paying for it WAY in advance, we also get access to this unfinished preview build, that we can play around with and give feedback on. But the unfinished game is not the actual product we bought. They don't owe us ANY Early Access updates. They only owe us the finished game.

So let's have some patience.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Firesnakearies
When they said that Early Access was going to last for "over a year", I took that to mean "at least 18 months probably". And knowing that the Early Access period is THAT long, I came into it expecting slow development, very long stretches between updates, and a need for patience.

We didn't pay $60 (or whatever you paid) for the Early Access client. We paid for the eventual finished game. That's the product they sold us. By paying for it WAY in advance, we also get access to this unfinished preview build, that we can play around with and give feedback on. But the unfinished game is not the actual product we bought. They don't owe us ANY Early Access updates. They only owe us the finished game.

So let's have some patience.

I can't +1 this enough. I really can't understand the people who are complaining about paying 'for' early access when they've bought the actual game.
It's close to the equivalent of ordering a car directly from a car factory and going to the said factory and demanding you can take it for a ride. Of course the car won't be as capable of driving as a fully finished car.

When it comes to the length of the early access period our most reliable reference is Larian's previous game, DOS2, which was in early access for one year before it came out. I wouldn't expect anything less for BG3 either.

veteran
veteran
I read most of the posts as playful. It clearly started as trolling post but people used to say they are eager to play again.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I read most of the posts as playful. It clearly started as trolling post but people used to say they are eager to play again.

I'm not exclusively referring to the posts on this forum.
Some of the other posts I've seen on random other sites as well as the Steam forums seem to be made by people who are genuinely furious that they weren't given a fully completed game in spite of the plethora of early access notices on the game's store page.

veteran
veteran
Oh yeah. You are brave to look at the steam forums. smile I think of them as troll proving grounds.

Page 3 of 45 1 2 3 4 5 44 45

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard