OP Offline
enthusiast
E
hoping for a patch every 2 week was to much to expect I guess. smile

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
addict
addict
Pretty sure that passive-aggressive whining for the sake of starting pointless arguments by applying presumptuous pressure to large companies isn't the way to get positive results, but you keep on truckin' along, lil guy.

I don't want to fall to bits 'cos of excess existential thought.

veteran
veteran
I don't remember Larian promising a patch every two weeks.

R
old hand
old hand
R
Originally Posted by Stabbey

You don't remember? This was at the same time they promised the RTwP mode smile

E
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
E
Originally Posted by Stabbey

Originally Posted by Evil_it_Self
hoping.....expect...

Last edited by Evil_it_Self; 10/11/20 10:54 PM.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
enthusiast
enthusiast
what did he mean by this

N
old hand
old hand
N
Honestly, I would rather count on a consistent monthly patch along with a few hotfixes at this point. That's what we had in DOS 2 if I remember correctly. And they must be following the same iterative routines.

G
addict
addict
G
Hope the next patch has at least 1 new class.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Bukke
what did he mean by this

Originally Posted by Evil_it_Self

[Linked Image]

enthusiast
enthusiast
I'd just prefer they would put some sort of "what's next" column in their next newsletter. It would be nice to know what they intend to introduce immediately next as far as new content goes, I imagine they at least have a plan for that one - as in which class/feat/specialization or companion (as teaser) we can expect next content update.

It would be also super awesome if they'd go full POG and offer community a choice between several classes to work on next, like some sort of secure poll offering a choice between let's say - Sorcerer, Bard and Druid and let people vote for which should be given priority for EA.

enthusiast
enthusiast
A patch? Would be happy with a bullet point at this point.

N
old hand
old hand
N
Guys I'm thirsty for content too but no reason to get dickish about it

veteran
veteran
I have to admit I expected a patch too.
All the signs aligned: the last patch was exactly two weeks before, it was a Tuesday as well and more importantly SteamDB was signaling a lot of activity updating a build called "patch3" in the game's repository.

All circumstantial hints that amount to exactly zero hard evidence.
And in fact it turned out to be an unjustified expectation.

Originally Posted by N7Greenfire
Guys I'm thirsty for content too but no reason to get dickish about it

I'm not exactly the greatest fan of the OP's post history, but to be fair he was just being silly. The only people being "dickish" here are the ones replying with gratuitous passive-aggressive cattiness as if someone was questioning their mother's dignity.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
Cleric of Innuendo
Cleric of Innuendo
Keep it pleasant, chaps.

Y
stranger
stranger
Y
If I were Larian, I wouldn't have wanted to release a patch on the same day as the Xbox Series X and Assassin's Creed Valhalla launches...

We know a patch's coming, it'll come when it's ready.

addict
addict
[Linked Image]

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Vhaldez
[Linked Image]

Don't read too much into it, since it got regular updates every N hours for the last 4-5 days, since Friday,

It's coming sooner rather than later, but nothing guarantees us it's coming in a particularly short timeframe.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
M
stranger
stranger
M
Game is not as good as I expected. But speed of updating and adding new content is even worst! How many peoples works on this game? They should be able to deliver new content in 2 weeks. Every 2 weeks. They sell as unfinished product for full price. So we have right to hurry them up hehe

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Martinoso
Game is not as good as I expected. But speed of updating and adding new content is even worst! How many peoples works on this game? They should be able to deliver new content in 2 weeks. Every 2 weeks. They sell as unfinished product for full price. So we have right to hurry them up hehe

Profoundly uninsightful comment.

Y
stranger
stranger
Y
Originally Posted by Martinoso

Hmmm, nah. Absolutely not.

We know a patch is on its way, Larian has made no promises as to the exact cadence, and that's a good thing. It may be as simple as not wanting to clash with everything else going on earlier this week, or it may be that the patch isn't quite ready yet due to wanting to add something else that's ready, or finding an issue just before release that needs to be fixed. Flexibility is good.

Page 1 of 45 1 2 3 44 45

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard