Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
This happens when you cast a spell when you are out of range so your character moves before casting the actual spell. The game only checks if the character is silenced when you choose the spell, so if your character moves into range of the Silence spell as a result of the casting, the spell still goes through.

A video of the bug

I can think of 2 potential fixes for it:
The easier to implement solution would be just to recheck if the character can cast the spell after the movement, maybe have some text along the lines of "Can't cast spells when silenced" above the character.

The better fix in my opinion (that's probably way harder to implement) would be to make the pathfinding of moving into range when casting the spells treat the aoe of the silence spell as a pit, forcing characters to go around it.

F
journeyman
journeyman
F
Silence also didn't work for me on the harpy fight. They were out of range so I cast it on my party, but their sound based attack kept working.

Agreed. Being inside a silence bubble should protect from sound based attacks like thunder and harpies lure. Right now it does not. At least not the harpies lure (thunder untested).

Last edited by Dheuster; 11/11/20 04:48 PM.
journeyman
journeyman
Same sort of issue in the goblin camp where you can break the wall to get into the temple. Even if you're inside a silence bubble, it wakes up the drunken goblins.

J
journeyman
journeyman
J
I tried silence on Gut and it didn't work. Got her to her room and attacked her. First thing she does is yell for help. Used a silence spell before her turn to shut her up. But, on her turn she yelled for help, and help came.

Link Copied to Clipboard