Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 21 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 20 21
C
stranger
stranger
C
I tried searching to see if this had been posted but I dunno so: https://pastebin.com/erABN0uc

Looks like Gale can/will betray the party. Betragale.

Last edited by Chubblot; 11/11/20 03:16 AM.
N
old hand
old hand
N
Originally Posted by Chubblot
I tried searching to see if this had been posted but I dunno so: https://pastebin.com/erABN0uc

I Gods damn knew it! Damn magic item stealing traitor!

veteran
veteran
The dataminers might have the answer to this but I thought I read somewhere that

the who would be different on every playthrough. I wonder if the power of lurve could change that?

Any other strings with that same descriptor @chubbalot?

N
old hand
old hand
N
Originally Posted by KillerRabbit
The dataminers might have the answer to this but I thought I read somewhere that

the who would be different on every playthrough. I wonder if the power of lurve could change that?

If its ever Astarion imma cry, even if you dont bang him hes basically our son

old hand
old hand
I doubt that it's going to be random. The game might choose the party member with lowest approval, or something along those lines.

C
stranger
stranger
C
That was the only one I was able to find across Gustav and Shared.

I tried Night_ and other companion names.

Shadowheart has things for her playing with the box and almost losing control, currently in game, but also one for her fight with Lae'zel and one for her delivering/being delivered an ultimatum of some sort.
Wyll's relate to Mizora or Spike, or the goblin you speak to when you save the deep gnome.
Astarion has 3, called "sneak off" "hunger" and "bite."
Lae'zel only has one and it's after you meet the Gith at the chokepoint.
Gale has the most - something about him learning a spell some time after triggering the ceremorphosis dreams, one suggesting he can teach the player a spell, him asking for magical items and one that says: "Enough nights have passed since NIGHT_Gale_LearnSpell for NIGHT_Gale_Loss_Ready." He's the only betrayal one I've found. Maybe it's just if you don't ever give him a magical artefact?

Last edited by Chubblot; 11/11/20 03:46 AM.
veteran
veteran
Thanks!

Yeah, @n7greenfire it seems like Astarian would be another based upon his dialogue . . . Wyll seems the be the safest 'no'.

That was my guess as well @Tarolonniel but now I wonder . . . I kinda hope so because he annoys the piss out me and I like to have a good reason to smack him.

C
stranger
stranger
C
There's a tag that relates to the Zhentarim:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<save>
<version major="4" minor="0" revision="0" build="19"/>
<region id="Tags">
<node id="root">
<attribute id="Description" type="LSString" value="Player has been recruited by the Zhentarim."/>
<attribute id="DisplayDescription" type="TranslatedString" value="" handle="h204da519g01abg4ecbgbeafg603c52d65312"/>
<attribute id="DisplayName" type="TranslatedString" value="ZHENTARIM" handle="hb87dd233g344fg4a9cgaba5gd322aa79afc6"/>
<attribute id="Icon" type="FixedString" value=""/>
<attribute id="Name" type="FixedString" value="ZHENTRECRUIT"/>
<attribute id="UUID" type="guid" value="7ba800bc-5a08-428c-bb72-0fa2b61e2673"/>
<children>
<node id="Categories">
<children>
<node id="Category">
<attribute id="Name" type="LSString" value="Dialog"/>
</node>
<node id="Category">
<attribute id="Name" type="LSString" value="Story"/>
</node>
</children>
</node>
</children>
</node>
</region>
</save>

Could just mean you helped get the chest back and now they know you/like you.

I
stranger
stranger
I
There is also a descriptor to the scene
CAMP_Betrayal_CRD_Gale

Gale has asked the player for magical items to consume, but he’s received none. He now informs the player they’re no longer needed. It’s a tense scene because despite multiple demands the player did nothing to help Gale, and Gale is not forthcoming with information about the nature of the solution he found. It will later turn out that he made a deal with a devil.

Vhaldez Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Originally Posted by irrenie
There is also a descriptor to the scene
CAMP_Betrayal_CRD_Gale

Gale has asked the player for magical items to consume, but he’s received none. He now informs the player they’re no longer needed. It’s a tense scene because despite multiple demands the player did nothing to help Gale, and Gale is not forthcoming with information about the nature of the solution he found. It will later turn out that he made a deal with a devil.

It will later turn out that he made a deal with a devil.
Wow fuck Gale.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I
Originally Posted by Tarlonniel

I doubt that it's going to be random. The game might choose the party member with lowest approval, or something along those lines.

Originally Posted by KillerRabbit

For what it's worth Gale is the only one of the current companions whose post-Raphael encounter dialogue suggests that he isn't opposed to making deals with demons. I don't think it's entirely random, might just be a branch in his [Gale] story.

Last edited by Bukke; 11/11/20 11:25 AM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Bukke

For what it's worth Gale is the only one of the current companions whose post-Raphael encounter dialogue suggests that he isn't opposed to making deals with demons. I don't think it's entirely random, might just be a branch in his [Gale] story.

They all have to be prepared you won't take them if Larian locks our party composition at some point of the story. Guess that's
Gale's
alternative path.

addict
addict
That was the only one I was able to find across Gustav and Shared.

I tried Night_ and other companion names.

Shadowheart has things for her playing with the box and almost losing control, currently in game, but also one for her fight with Lae'zel and one for her delivering/being delivered an ultimatum of some sort.
Wyll's relate to Mizora or Spike, or the goblin you speak to when you save the deep gnome.
Astarion has 3, called "sneak off" "hunger" and "bite."
Lae'zel only has one and it's after you meet the Gith at the chokepoint.
Gale has the most - something about him learning a spell some time after triggering the ceremorphosis dreams, one suggesting he can teach the player a spell, him asking for magical items and one that says: "Enough nights have passed since NIGHT_Gale_LearnSpell for NIGHT_Gale_Loss_Ready." He's the only betrayal one I've found. Maybe it's just if you don't ever give him a magical artefact?

Shadowheart's ultimatum is how the dev called her visit at the camp if you don't recruit her. That's already in-game.

I'm pretty sure every characters can "betray/ditch/remove from party" moment.

Gale with Raphael.
Shadowheart: can die at the ultimatum scene, die in the fight with Lae'zel. In Act 1 B, she (might) leaves the party to do what Ketheric wants. She also leaves if approval is too low, she gives 2 warnings.
Wyll: leave the party if you side with the Goblins.
Lae'zel: can die while fighting Shadowheart (there is a line of dialogue for her having exploded that reference Shadowheart's weird magic might I add), can die fighting you after the first tadpole dream.
Astarion: you can give him to the Gur and there is a vampire ambush in Act1 B that related to his "origin moments". Will probably also betray you at Moonrise Tower as he wants to control the tadpole, not get ride of it.

I once said that it is unlikely we can keep a full party before Act 1 even ends.

Last edited by azarhal; 11/11/20 12:45 PM.
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by azarhal
I once said that it is unlikely we can keep a full party before Act 1 even ends.

I'm surprisingly okay with those scenarios. It's much better than the "rocks fall, some people die" way Original Sin 2 split the party.

Last edited by Tarlonniel; 11/11/20 02:24 PM.
F
addict
addict
F

It's likely that any origin character can betray the party under the certain circumstances.

N
old hand
old hand
N
Has anyone found anything hinting at lycanthropy/Vampirism?

Vhaldez Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Originally Posted by N7Greenfire
Has anyone found anything hinting at lycanthropy/Vampirism?
Seconding this, if there is anything related to it please post.

apprentice
apprentice
I don't know if you mean contracting it as a player character or those who have lycanthropy or vampirism in general, so...
There is quite a bit of generic stuff to do with lycanthropy and vampirism, though it mostly
seems to do with Helia and Astarion.

Lycanthropy
There are lots of werewolf sounds of different skills (bloodfest, roar) and states (werewolf in pain, victorious, combat, etc).

You can play as a werewolf if you select Helia as your Origin character. (development still in progress)

There are some dialog notes to do with the goblin wolf (worg?) pens in the first act, and how it relates to "Helia, the werewolf origin":
"Panicked and surprised - the people they were going to ask for help to fight the werewolf are dead."

"Panicked, the kids run to the room with the goblin warriors and call for help, because the bear / Helia has escaped. After that they disappear"

There are a few strings to do with "werewolf transformation", especially where Halsin is kept (to do with meeting Halia, I suppose).

There are some camp and relationship dialog notes: " 'pup' - the character you've decided to bed is a werewolf"
This note is quite amusing: "werepup = werewolf pup, not a typo"

Werewolves are in the game, but they aren't playable atm:
Code
new entry "Werewolf"
type "Character" <- note, this does not mean player character, just any type of "character" found in the game (kuo-toa, hobgoblin boss, myconid, etc)
using "_Humanoid"
data "Strength" "15"
data "Dexterity" "13"
data "Constitution" "14"
data "Intelligence" "10"
data "Wisdom" "11"
data "Charisma" "10"
data "Armor" "11"
data "Vitality" "58"
data "StepsType" "Clawed"
data "ArmorType" "None"

Effects for attacks with claws, multi attack etc.

Vampirism
There is a lot of stuff here, mostly about Astarion (and the vampire hunter) and the crypts in act 2 (vampires can be allies of the party, there is a vampire boss, spawns, and thralls).

Lots of notes on types of vampires mainly in act 2: "player knows for a fact that they are vampire thralls", "Player's face has already discuss grave robber fate with the cliff vampire thralls", "Vampire in the lower crypt knows that players are not allied with skeletons", "Astarion-companion gets his Vampire Bite after this flag is set (in a dialog or outside it)" etc.

You can play as a vampire spawn if you select Astarion as your Origin character. (unavailable in EA)

Vampire bite appears to be some sort of action, and there is a sound file associated with it.

When confronting the hag, a note is: "Said with a sly smile. She knows you're a vampire." or "This line should be quieter. She knows you're a vampire, but doesn't want to say anything to break your cover."

-----

If they are planning on fully implementing contracting vampirism or lycanthropy with any and all characters, it is not obvious to me with what I've looked at so far.

- Priest
N
old hand
old hand
N
Originally Posted by Priest
I don't know if you mean contracting it as a player character or those who have lycanthropy or vampirism in general, so...
There is quite a bit of generic stuff to do with lycanthropy and vampirism, though it mostly
seems to do with Helia and Astarion.

Lycanthropy
There are lots of werewolf sounds of different skills (bloodfest, roar) and states (werewolf in pain, victorious, combat, etc).

You can play as a werewolf if you select Helia as your Origin character. (development still in progress)

There are some dialog notes to do with the goblin wolf (worg?) pens in the first act, and how it relates to "Helia, the werewolf origin":
"Panicked and surprised - the people they were going to ask for help to fight the werewolf are dead."

"Panicked, the kids run to the room with the goblin warriors and call for help, because the bear / Helia has escaped. After that they disappear"

There are a few strings to do with "werewolf transformation", especially where Halsin is kept (to do with meeting Halia, I suppose).

There are some camp and relationship dialog notes: " 'pup' - the character you've decided to bed is a werewolf"
This note is quite amusing: "werepup = werewolf pup, not a typo"

Werewolves are in the game, but they aren't playable atm:
Code
new entry "Werewolf"
type "Character" <- note, this does not mean player character, just any type of "character" found in the game (kuo-toa, hobgoblin boss, myconid, etc)
using "_Humanoid"
data "Strength" "15"
data "Dexterity" "13"
data "Constitution" "14"
data "Intelligence" "10"
data "Wisdom" "11"
data "Charisma" "10"
data "Armor" "11"
data "Vitality" "58"
data "StepsType" "Clawed"
data "ArmorType" "None"

Effects for attacks with claws, multi attack etc.

Vampirism
There is a lot of stuff here, mostly about Astarion (and the vampire hunter) and the crypts in act 2 (vampires can be allies of the party, there is a vampire boss, spawns, and thralls).

Lots of notes on types of vampires mainly in act 2: "player knows for a fact that they are vampire thralls", "Player's face has already discuss grave robber fate with the cliff vampire thralls", "Vampire in the lower crypt knows that players are not allied with skeletons", "Astarion-companion gets his Vampire Bite after this flag is set (in a dialog or outside it)" etc.

You can play as a vampire spawn if you select Astarion as your Origin character. (unavailable in EA)

Vampire bite appears to be some sort of action, and there is a sound file associated with it.

When confronting the hag, a note is: "Said with a sly smile. She knows you're a vampire." or "This line should be quieter. She knows you're a vampire, but doesn't want to say anything to break your cover."

-----

If they are planning on fully implementing contracting vampirism or lycanthropy with any and all characters, it is not obvious to me with what I've looked at so far.

Sooooo uh we bang when she's a werewolf then?

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by N7Greenfire
Sooooo uh we bang when she's a werewolf then?

She's always a werewolf. Just not always in wolf form.

Page 14 of 21 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 20 21

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard