Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by Dexai
I was very disappointed after we has slaughtered the whole enclave and I caught her red handed having feelings of an almost human nature and having a bad conscience over the whole murder of innocents and all that. This will not do!

Her schoolmaster knew she'd come to no good and could have flayed her into shape, but the bleeding hearts and artists let get away with joining Shar. Has she broken any villages up lately?

J'aime le fromage.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by vometia
I was very disappointed after we has slaughtered the whole enclave and I caught her red handed having feelings of an almost human nature and having a bad conscience over the whole murder of innocents and all that. This will not do!

Her schoolmaster knew she'd come to no good and could have flayed her into shape, but the bleeding hearts and artists let get away with joining Shar. Has she broken any villages up lately?

I love you

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Abits
Originally Posted by vometia

I love you

Seriously man, this the thread about not starting relationships!!!
;-)

F
stranger
stranger
F
The whole sex scene thing is kinda out of place imo. I Have not gotten so far as to butt f***ing any companions yet. But being the hot-blooded male that i am, watched a clip on youtube.
And i had a good laugh, i can tell you. lo and behold I saw some good ol' 69'ing in all it's glory taking place in the fantasy world of Faerûn.

What's out of place? Well, larians overall fairytale version of BG. Except for the violence and sex, the overall story and dialoges does not feel like it's targeting a mature audience.
It's very lighhearted and fairytale like imo.

I would compare it to Shrek getting pumped in the a**h*** by donkey while frantically j**rking himself off.
Now ask yourselves, do you really want to have Shrek getting pumped in the a**h*** by donkey while frantically j**rking himself off in your favorite CRPG?
Well, of course not. Even the idea of Shrek getting pumped in the a**h*** by donkey while frantically j**rking himself of is absurd.
Absolutely absurd.

C
CMF Offline
C
I have yet to bother with romance in the game as I'm too busy testing mechanics and builds. I do know my first play through every single one of the companions wanted to hookup at the party but I refused them all because it felt unnatural and sudden (I didn't rest a lot on the first play through so I didn't learn very much of the backstories until my second run when I realized how camping works the storyline progression).

If I play a male character (typically what I play) my straight choices are shadowheart or lae'zel, and at that point I wouldn't pick the githyanki unless due to an RP standing of also being of the same race. On the other hand the male counter parts for gay male or female characters are more plentiful and varried...so I feel the straight male romances are currently limited to just shadowheart (companion specific, I didn't realize we could romance outside of our group). Based off of that I didn't want to fanboy chase the only eligible female for my character because it was forced and expected of me.

enthusiast
enthusiast
You're literally hanging out with them constantly throughout the whole game.

There will also be companion quests I imagine.

OP Offline
Originally Posted by Svalr

Fair, but I want to experience those chill scenes with them without having to dance the horizontal tango.

I honestly hope you have a most marvelous day!
addict
addict
I'm part of the 1.37% . I didn't start a romance, cause I didn't sleep enough. I never had the dialogue options.

Alt+ left click in the inventory on an item while the camp stash is opened transfers the item there. Make it a reality.
addict
addict
Astarion is the only one I'd let smash. Gale's too aloof and Wyll is too tortured and self-loathing. I won't be using any of the gumdrops-and-butterflies good companions, so snarky vampire it is I guess.

I don't want to fall to bits 'cos of excess existential thought.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Uncle Lester
Originally Posted by Riandor
Where's the option to simply have meaningful friendships

I fear "good relationship" will be equated to "let's fuck". Which I'd hate, because I'd like to end up with a party of friends, camaraderie and all that. Not a teen drama "I can't believe X looked at you that way" or "but why don't you love me".

+1

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Svalr

Low key there kind of are. I mean like in the Blighted Village some of the goblins know Wyll and have a little chat which leads you to figuring out his past and motivations elsewhere. I assume the same thing exists for Shadowheart but I have yet to uncover the little Shar resort or the black riders camp which I assume will proc further insights into her character. I have heard a lot of people reference her amnesia but I haven't been able to shake that conversation loose yet. It all feels a little obtuse, I think it is amusing it is easier to get into her pants than her past, but I have to admit that is true of some people. Especially the more damaged ones, though somehow I doubt that was anyone's thought over at Larian.

Last edited by DistantStranger; 11/11/20 10:14 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
I don't see the reason for companions not ending in friendzone if we reject or simply not choose romantic dialogue options. There are only 2 of them who want bang us outright after battle. I had neutral (I guess, Astarion disapproved many of my decisions) with them and haven't choose any flirty dialogue. It's act 1A, at least 3 companions missing, many things can happen. Friendship is not locked, guys.

veteran
veteran
I'm for both for the expansive relationships and the beast with two backs. Sex is part of a relationships and sometimes part of friendships.

Also the leather bras need to go during the sehks scenes you don't need to be evil to have nipples.

OP Offline
Originally Posted by KillerRabbit
I'm for both for the expansive relationships and the beast with two backs. Sex is part of a relationships and sometimes part of friendships.

Also the leather bras need to go during the sehks scenes you don't need to be evil to have nipples.

I'd rather appreciate an option to keep them on, thank you. That's just me, but I don't really want to see that in my game.

I honestly hope you have a most marvelous day!
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Verte
There are only 2 of them who want bang us outright after battle..

You only had two. I had an exclamation mark on Astarion who basically just said DTF and after negotiating my way out of that conversation I decided to see what anyone else wanted to talk about. I got nothing out of the assorted Teiflings, but Shadowheart invited me into the bushes for a drink, Gale let me know he was down for some light hearted buggery if I would change my mind on Shadowheart or even after I was done with her. Lez threatened to shank me for not shagging her instead if I remember correctly, while Wyl threatened to show me why he was really called the Blade of the Frontier. I half expected to find Astarion and Gale slipping me roofies and chest bumping each other over my comatose body while Wyll advised me to just "let it happen."

I am a little shocked the dog and the owl bear didn't invite me to join them in a tasteful threesome.

Last edited by DistantStranger; 11/11/20 11:26 PM.
veteran
veteran
Rest less often and ignore the dog. Get to the party in two day -- you know, because you are about to sprout tentacles. Everyone will hate you. Astarian's rejection lines are hilarious.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I didn't rest for the first time until I got to the Underdark, and honestly I doubt I rested more than twice while I was down there. As for Astarion and Lez, my reputation with them was neutral and if I ever gained any approval from either one it was entirely on accident. My second play through I just decided to kill Astarion right off the bat for pulling a knife on me, so I will probably never see his rejection dialogue. I am trying to see if there is a way to keep the two Teiflings alive who die as a result of scripting (Kanon's sisiter Arta and the astrologist with the soul coin), so this run I am trying to finish everything without making camp at all, which I do not foresee being problematic in the least.

Last edited by DistantStranger; 11/11/20 11:47 PM.
veteran
veteran
In my no love playthrough I started off by telling off Astarian when he pulled the knife and made it clear that a simple 'sorry' wouldn't suffice. I also agreed to help the grove and did most thins he disliked except tell auntie ethel about the tadpole.

"It's not you darling, it's me. *I* have standards."

I told LZ to stop intimidating the good folk of Faerun. She did think I was hawt but was still pissed that I didn't let her browbeat the commoners. Wyll was happy with me but in love with his tankard and SH found herself to be the most interesting person at the party.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by DistantStranger
Originally Posted by Verte
There are only 2 of them who want bang us outright after battle..

You only had two. I had an exclamation mark on Astarion who basically just said DTF and after negotiating my way out of that conversation I decided to see what anyone else wanted to talk about. I got nothing out of the assorted Teiflings, but Shadowheart invited me into the bushes for a drink, Gale let me know he was down for some light hearted buggery if I would change my mind on Shadowheart or even after I was done with her. Lez threatened to shank me for not shagging her instead if I remember correctly, while Wyl threatened to show me why he was really called the Blade of the Frontier. I half expected to find Astarion and Gale slipping me roofies and chest bumping each other over my comatose body while Wyll advised me to just "let it happen."

I am a little shocked the dog and the owl bear didn't invite me to join them in a tasteful threesome.

I had mark on Astarion, reloaded after he started talking about sex and went straight to SH, locked other romances. I kept distance from the start when talking with Gale, had no bang dialogues next night.
It is really easy to say no anyway. You could reject SH invitation or not kiss her after talkative night. ;-) Wonder what would happen if we agree on romantic night but choose to sleep alone afterwards. Potential trolling hmmmm

veteran
veteran
Oh and I let both Spike and the Windmill Golbins go. They surrendered and gave info. I also kept asking Wyll about the devil even after he clearly wanted to change the topic.

I don't mean to brag but I'm something an expert on deflecting attraction.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard