Next Thread
Print Thread
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Game Master Mode Playtest!?!?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNxDMZhiGtU&t=546s

WoW what a mode! So so much potential!

Having used this thing for hours and hours I can say that Larian was onto something special. But they never fully realized it. It was only half complete and felt like it. The problem wasn't the idea. It had an amazing Foundation!

The problem was it didn't have its own playtest to kill the kinks and smooth it out! Now with our community of ONE MILLION PLAYERS! We have what it takes to make this into something of Legend! To this day Neverwinter Nights is being played online thanks to mods and Game Master mode. Why not allow BG3 to join those ranks!

What I want is this to be the expansion... a fully Playtested Game Master mode. That not only allows running of modules and assets. But for the Game master to be in the background of the FULL MAIN STORY.

A modder imported the entire first act of DIVINITY 2 into Game master mode. This allowed you to play the first chapter with a Game Master handling the DC and adding characters and allowing more creative solutions! Also was good to have when accidents accured. No need to save scum with a GAME MASTER!!

You could make it worth the investment like all other tabletop electronics do. Sell assets.... So if a game master wants more things or more themes for his group he can purchase them.

Or do a kickstarter. Either way this mode should not be just a little extra. This mode should be a powerful easy to use tool that makes Baldurs Gate replayable beyond even the old games.

Do a poll and ask if we would pay for it. Imagine only one player having to own the tool kit. While the other 4 get to play. Look how much we are spending on ROLL20 every month!

D
D
GM mode was one of the most popular questions. And Larian said that they would like to implement it, but they don't know how yet.
That statement alone generated more hype in me than every other aspect of the game that was shown back then.
Playtest for it is actualy is a good idea. But they need to figure out mechanics of the game first. And this task is nowhere near to be complete.

veteran
veteran
GM mode isn't planed for release. It seems it will be done, but after they finish the main campaign.

journeyman
journeyman
GM mode would expand the lifetime of this game by 5-10 years. People still run NWN2 stuff online and that game has been out since 2006.

T
journeyman
journeyman
T
Very interesting. Combined with modding (New world maps) this could be NWN 3!

apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Originally Posted by Tav3245234325325
Very interesting. Combined with modding (New world maps) this could be NWN 3!

Imagine our feedback on something like this?! I think we got a pretty solid group here on the forums too. Seems we have players of all kinds and ideas. IF they actually take what we say into consideration... This game and then DM mode could be the next big thing for RPG's. I like to believe that... I really do honestly.

B
apprentice
apprentice
B
I think people have been desperate for an updated version of what NWN 2 did years ago and I just hope Larian has the sense to catch this gap in the market for an interactive DM multiplayer that you can play online. Digital extremes tried this with Sword Coast Legends but the system lacked ambition as did most of the game and it's marketing unfortunately. Basically you could create premade dungeons with custom spawns and length but you couldnt add any story or custom elements beyond a loading screen description text. Was a great DnD simulator co-op but bringing that to a storied campaign would be amazing and eventually allow people to create their own side quests/dungeons and DM them with the engine I hope.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Mezbarrena
GM mode would expand the lifetime of this game by 5-10 years. People still run NWN2 stuff online and that game has been out since 2006.

So much this. The value in GM mode would be grand for the life span of the game; Larian should know that...
Maybe I would finally have a game that would overtake those 4400 hours in Dota 2 on Steam.

“There is only one thing we say to Death:
Not today.”
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by IAmPageicus

A modder imported the entire first act of DIVINITY 2 into Game master mode

Could you share the link or tell me where did you find it?

veteran
veteran
D&D is all about modules.

I can imagine a DM client and smaller modules as DLC for potentially infinite replayability.

That'd be great. Like NWN without a toolset but with new premium modules that could be DM'd for extra spice over time.

Last edited by 1varangian; 12/11/20 11:24 AM.
Y
stranger
stranger
Y
I made an account just to say how hyped I am for the possibility of a DM mode for the game. Ive been playing around with Divinity 2 GM mode but i think Baldur's gate would feel much more D&D like

L
addict
addict
L
Both a DM mode and a "make your own story" mode are the real exciting prospects for this game (game engine).

Image all good (and bad) modules being made in the game engine. Then add homebrew stories. Both DM and DM free options.

veteran
veteran
The current statement is that GM mode "is not planned".

That doesn't mean it won't happen ever at all, but don't expect to see it even within the first year after official release, and expect modders to wrangle something of this nature long, long before anything from Larian does so.

Link Copied to Clipboard