Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 15 of 21 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 20 21
Originally Posted by Vhaldez
Wow fuck Gale.

You got a frigging weave addict in the party. What do you expect? I only hope you can deal with that condition without losing all the good loot.

Y
stranger
stranger
Y
Has there been any evidence found whatsoever that would point towards Halsin or Kagha being recruitable companions? or any druid companion in general? I just would really love a druid in the party ....

enthusiast
enthusiast
Just had a thought, the reason the Gith riders followed the illithid ship so aggressively into hell was that little box is a certain phylactery? That would really explain the importance of said gith box.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Soul-Scar
Just had a thought, the reason the Gith riders followed the illithid ship so aggressively into hell was that little box is a certain phylactery? That would really explain the importance of said gith box.

Datamining has already revealed info on the contents of the box.
It's the prison of some male githyanki general.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Tarlonniel
Originally Posted by Soul-Scar

Datamining has already revealed info on the contents of the box.
It's the prison of some male githyanki general.

frown be much cooler is it was the Lich Queens phylactery.

old hand
old hand
Yeah. At this point my characters might just hand the box back to 'em. We're not given much reason to keep it (except Shadowheart objecting, but she's not even around in most of my playthroughs).

Vhaldez Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Originally Posted by Choosen of KEK
You got a frigging weave addict in the party. What do you expect? I only hope you can deal with that condition without losing all the good loot.
I play a wizard so I now see no reason to keep Gale around, unless they pull a DOS2 on me and have him become an antagonist whenver I decide not to help him.
Yeah. At this point my characters might just hand the box back to 'em. We're not given much reason to keep it (except Shadowheart objecting, but she's not even around in most of my playthroughs).
That may be different once we learn of the discoveries made earlier down this thread. The artifact seems to be central to the game's plot.

addict
addict

I get the feeling that even if you give it back, you'll end up gaining it back anyway. It pretty much force Shadowheart to commit suicide so you pick it up from her corpse if you do no recruit her (you need to win DCs to not kill her).

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by azarhal
I get the feeling that even if you give it back, you'll end up gaining it back anyway. It pretty much force Shadowheart to commit suicide so you pick it up from her corpse if you do no recruit her (you need to win DCs to not kill her).

IIRC, according to the dataminers -

The general wants to get to you because he's trying to escape from Shadowheart/the Sharrans' control and return to the githyanki. Which still leaves a lot of questions - why you (if your character isn't gith) and not Lae'zel? Why doesn't he start driving you mad if you don't head for the creche? How is he even aware of what's going on?

Questions to be answered later, maybe.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I think the box contains a gith knight who saw the "ascension" that lich girl promises. Seeing the soul eating caused him to start a rebellion and the gith patrol is part of the rebellion. Which is why he is at odds with Laezel. Overthrowing lich girl or just a rogue gith army can be useful to Shar. It probably caught her attention because what greater loss is their than having your soul destroyed by being devoured. You don't even make it to the realm of judgement with the wall of souls. Most evil collect souls while very few are cruel enough to destroy one. Funny enough devils and demons mostly recruit and torment too. Even evil gods have little use in destroying a soul. Kill you? Sure. Torment? You better believe it, but destroy is on another level.

It's also why squid people will always be unanimously hated by literally everyone including gods. Unless, of course, they give squids the "literal hell spawn" treatment. "Oh they are good now because reasons ". Pft

addict
addict

IIRC, according to the dataminers -

The general wants to get to you because he's trying to escape from Shadowheart/the Sharrans' control and return to the githyanki. Which still leaves a lot of questions - why you (if your character isn't gith) and not Lae'zel? Why doesn't he start driving you mad if you don't head for the creche? How is he even aware of what's going on?

Questions to be answered later, maybe.

First time I read of this and I personally datamined things about the artifact and what is inside of it. There is nothing about it in the game file outside
- Shadowheart's ultimatum where you learn what is in the artifact and that he wants to get freed from it. Nothing about escaping the Sharran's control or returning to the githyanki there.
- That Raphael end up telling the rest of the party that Shadowheart has it and that he wants it.

enthusiast
enthusiast

First time I read of this and I personally datamined things about the artifact and what is inside of it. There is nothing about it in the game file outside
- Shadowheart's ultimatum where you learn what is in the artifact and that he wants to get freed from it. Nothing about escaping the Sharran's control or returning to the githyanki there.
- That Raphael end up telling the rest of the party that Shadowheart has it and that he wants it.

Not that she was trying to hide it from anyone but you. And Lae'zel playing blind idiot when SH have fun with her suspicious looking weapon piece of Githyanki art.
I guess we will get to know this particular devil very well. Mainly his guts.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Astarion: you can give him to the Gur and there is a vampire ambush in Act1 B that related to his "origin moments". Will probably also betray you at Moonrise Tower as he wants to control the tadpole, not get ride of it.

I once said that it is unlikely we can keep a full party before Act 1 even ends.

Well, as long as half the party doesn't randomly perish DOS2 style I'm fine with them going their own way... now on to that spoiler piece.

I honestly hope that there WILL be a way to talk Astarion out of leaving the party cause I wanna remove the damn tadpole, not keep it. I wonder if the power of steamy loud sex would change his mind lol. Although I highly doubt it can be removed at MT. I've said it many times before, and I'll say it again: my prediction is it's gonna stay with us at least until act 3. Unless dataminers can prove me wrong, go ahead.

Q
Qin Offline
stranger
stranger
Q
I haven't seen this mentioned yet... But it's been bugging me for a while that Gale, Shadowheart AND Karlach all have near-identical recordings of Shar devotion. The first two, I could imagine, but I never got the sense that Karlach was the sort to lean that way. (I could well be wrong, we've seen so little of her)

But, what if it's the Nightsong encounter that causes you, and some of the more susceptible members of your group, to turn to her? And that it's only by not using the tadpole at all that makes it impossible, while also allowing you to break Shar's hold over the Nightsong? It would explain why Wyll doesn't have any of these voiced lines, because his soul is already contracted to the Hells/a cambion. I'm not sure about Lae'zel, perhaps she really is as special as she thinks she is, or her faith in Vlakith is just that unshakeable.

It wouldn't be that awkward to implement. The way I see it, we'll just have to roll another check at various points where Shar tries to assert her control, just as you must make a roll on perception checks once you get hag-eyed, or the wisdom checks we already roll on, constantly, regarding the tadpole or Absolute. And it doesn't always have to be a quote-on-quote "Bad" decision. Eg. it could be the only thing that keeps Astarion from betraying you/allows Astarion to resist his master's pull (considering the possibility that he already IS contracted to the Hells.), just as Hag-eyed may be the only that that gives you a guaranteed save/perception check on a roll later on.

Almost all of theories I've seen, and the ones I've had knocking about myself, have been operating under the assumption that there are limitations to the amount of branching plot points that a the three-act story structure can manage without becoming ridiculously inefficient to game development... What if this is simply isn't so, at least in the case of the Nightsong/Shar/Dead3/Illithid/Infernal/Alaundo, because we're assuming that we are special/chosen/protected, and what we "want" is always going to be honoured over what we "chose"?

Last edited by Qin; 15/11/20 12:23 AM.
veteran
veteran
I was wondering about that as well. Someone (sorry, forgot who) mentioned that Karlach also has Selune devotions. My best guess is that is an origin story feature where you can chose to play Karlach as a cleric of Shar. Just like in DOS2 you could build Ben as a conjurer if you wanted.

R
old hand
old hand
R
I guess these are the default comments that any shar priest has.

Vhaldez Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Bumped. Nothing new on the horizon at the moment.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Vhaldez
Originally Posted by irrenie
There is also a descriptor to the scene
CAMP_Betrayal_CRD_Gale

Gale has asked the player for magical items to consume, but he’s received none. He now informs the player they’re no longer needed. It’s a tense scene because despite multiple demands the player did nothing to help Gale, and Gale is not forthcoming with information about the nature of the solution he found. It will later turn out that he made a deal with a devil.

It will later turn out that he made a deal with a devil.
Wow fuck Gale.

You would rather he blow up or what?

Vhaldez Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict

Barbarian, Druid, Monk, Paladin and Sorcerer tag responses. The Kagha thread will have to be updated soon because of the Druid tag responses, seeing as
Halsin is now totally wrong about the grove accepting an outsider Druid as their new leader being a good idea lol.

Originally Posted by Kadajko
You would rather he blow up or what?

[Linked Image]

Vhaldez Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
HELIA PLAYERMODEL Link
[Linked Image]
She looks like a dwarf, not a halfling.

Bhaalspawn slayer form! [Linked Image] Does this mean the protagonist from BG2 makes a return?

Page 15 of 21 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 20 21

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard