Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Tuv Offline
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Originally Posted by Tuv
you can always play with fewer characters if you want to unite more, speed up combat more and so on more. Maybe 2 teams of 3 united in one?

I generally like the idea though of argueing which number is the one true number

I also have such an idea to remove the limit on the number of companions. It's realistic! The main character and his twelve friends. Then everyone will be happy.

Studies with anectdotal sample sizes show that balance is fine up until you reach 27 party members.

Also it appears that this configuration adds the left side of Baldur's Gate back into the game. Larian thought of everything

On a side note, this is actually not that cumbersome to control and having a train of so many goons works and looks great. wouldn't work this easily with a non-larian-chained approach.

[Linked Image]

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
They do say two's company, three's a crowd. I'm scared of the growly yellow elf thing though, I need a handy Gale to take all the aggro.

J'aime le fromage.
enthusiast
enthusiast
I am hardcore I prefer 0 players.

old hand
old hand
I'd actually be fine with 3-person party. Fewer people to get in each other's way and have to individually jump with.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Firesnakearies
I'd actually be fine with 3-person party. Fewer people to get in each other's way and have to individually jump with.

This says a lot about the state of the games pathing and character control.

Verily it is written that the Omnissiah grants his blessing to those who come well-equipped with explosives. -Aphorisms 96.9
F
stranger
stranger
F
В divinity original sin 2 я играл в кооперативе с одним другом(из моих друзей и подруг, к сожалению, больше ни у кого не нашлось времени и желания к нам присоединиться), отыгрывали за двух персонажей используя за обоих навык "волк одиночка", удваивающий характеристики. Хотелось бы увидеть подобный навык и в Bg 3, так как скорее всего играть я буду в компании с тем же человеком.

Во время сольной игры, я напротив предпочел собрать команду из 4 персонажей, желая раскрыть за одно прохождение как можно больше сюжетных элементов. И если число персонаже в команде возрастет до 6 или более, по моему мнению, это создаст более насыщенный сюжет, создаст больше конфликтов, казусов или нелепостей и прочего. Сюжетная составляющая обогатится, да и гейм-плейная тоже, хоть и станет сложнее.

J
stranger
stranger
J
Six characters in the party is preferred.

I'm actually fine with the 4 person party but I could go for a 3 person party under one particular circumstance--if the two party members you bring actively engage in conversation cutscenes. And I don't mean the odd comment here and there, I mean they give their input and even debate with the other party member/player/npc. Something like that would be easier to pull off with a smaller party than a large one and I will always--always--take dialogue immersion over anything combat mechanics related. As it stands, usually one companion makes a comment at random so you'll likely miss what other characters may have said.

So, OP, I don't think you're crazy or trolling.

T
addict
addict
T
This is actually a much harder sell than a 6 person party. D&D is based around 4 basic roles and has been for quite a while and lacking one of those roles can be problematic. 5e makes it possible to approach the basic roles in a couple of different ways, but it's harder to hit all of them in just 3 party members. I'd be fine with a party that size on tabletop, but it would make designing challenges for a CRPG a bit too erratic as it would be harder to predict what abilities a party wouldn't have. Also it would cut off access to storylines and thus XP.

There's very little in favor of reducing the party minimum.

journeyman
journeyman
You can choose to have a 3 party team by leaving someone behind at the camp or not recruiting them. There's no reason for this to be implemented at all.

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by Divine Star
You can choose to have a 3 party team by leaving someone behind at the camp or not recruiting them. There's no reason for this to be implemented at all.

People want to change the size of the party by 6 people, but I'm happy with 4. For this I created this topic as opposed to them cool
I observe how everyone is already satisfied with 4 people, and how everyone does not want the 3rd

Minthara is the best character and she NEEDS to be recruitable if you side with the grove!
addict
addict
change the party size to 69

N
N
this - but idk if the intention of this thread is supposed to be taken seriously or provide meaningful feedback lol wink .

respectfully, as ea has gone on without any real pointed larian response to items cited in these forums the more and more i feel like posts found here are just for the memes which tbh is discouraging as someone who jumped into ea thinking to provide feedback for a long awaited IP

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by OneManArmy

People want to change the size of the party by 6 people, but I'm happy with 4. For this I created this topic as opposed to them cool
I observe how everyone is already satisfied with 4 people, and how everyone does not want the 3rd

I admit when I first started playing the game I wanted 6 party members. Then the more playthroughs I went through, I only recruit one companion. But if you're not serious with the Topic I shall say no more. XD

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by nation
this - but idk if the intention of this thread is supposed to be taken seriously or provide meaningful feedback lol wink .

respectfully, as ea has gone on without any real pointed larian response to items cited in these forums the more and more i feel like posts found here are just for the memes which tbh is discouraging as someone who jumped into ea thinking to provide feedback for a long awaited IP

Be careful about complaining about EA. The Larian keyboard warriors will come and attack you and the moderators will back them up even if they're toxic about it. But I do hear you on that. It's been quiet since we've gotten patches, hotfixes and even a response regarding the feedback. I long stopped sending feedback emails and just started playing out of a beta-tester mindset.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard