Next Thread
Print Thread
F
FNC Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
F
So I bought the game and started it. My character is stuck and will not move as soon as game starts. I can rotate camera and open menus but my character is a statue.

Anyone else get this?

E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E
try discord

no, this never happened to me.

Last edited by Evil_it_Self; 12/11/20 05:54 PM.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
F
FNC Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
F
Hard to believe I bought a game, albeit in early access, and I cannot even move my character. I even re-started the game.

My excitement at playing BG3 was an 11. It is way down now....

addict
addict
So you are clicking on the ground and nothing happens? Have not seen anyone else report that bug.

W
veteran
veteran
W
I haven’t heard anybody else reporting this bug. Are you sure you aren’t doing something wrong? Like not actually selecting your character or something?

F
FNC Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
F
I click my character icon on the left or also press F1. My character is highlighted briefly when I click his icon on the bottom left.

I then click somewhere on the ground and nothing happens.

I have tried double clicking my character to see if this makes a difference. It seems like the game does not have my character chosen to move.

Cleric of Innuendo
Cleric of Innuendo
Sounds odd - have you reported it as a bug?

F
FNC Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
F
No, where do I do that?

Cleric of Innuendo
Cleric of Innuendo
There is both a Feedback and Help feature on the initial Larian splash screen, you'll probably need the Help option. You can also report it in the Technical and Gameplay Problems forum: https://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=89&page=1. Personally, I would do both. The Help report will get more immediate feedback, but reporting on the Problems forum will highlight it for anyone else having the same issue.

I cannot say how often that forum is trawled by the Larian tech chappies, but you are more likely to flag their attention than here in the General section.

journeyman
journeyman
I have not seen anyone else report this problem.

C
CMF Offline
C
Just for trouble shooting and "what if's"...

Try to change the display mode to/from full screen or false windowed mode. Ensure there isn't any confirmation prompt in the background, also try a different render mode between DX11 or Vulkan.

Does anything work at all when in game? Press C to sneak, I for inventory, or try casting spells/attacking (is it taking any mouse input at all? or is it only movement that isn't being registered).

Have you tried making another character to see if that happens again? Is your character encumbered somehow?

Is this on a mac or pc or an emulation from a linux?

Basically, what is possibly different in your situation that could be changed?

F
FNC Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
F
Larian helped me with troubleshooting. Left clicking on screen was not working. I pressed default key assignment and it fixed it. I had never been in that screen so I do not know how it had gotten changed. I can finally play!

I wonder though if I will ever stop playing BG2!!

enthusiast
enthusiast
Good thing you managed to fix the error, I hope you enjoy the game
It's a really weird bug that I don't think I've seen anyone else experience but at least I know where to direct them if someone ends up running into the same problem

N
old hand
old hand
N
Originally Posted by FNC
Larian helped me with troubleshooting. Left clicking on screen was not working. I pressed default key assignment and it fixed it. I had never been in that screen so I do not know how it had gotten changed. I can finally play!

I wonder though if I will ever stop playing BG2!!

Are you using a programmable mouse by any chance? I get troubles sometimes on certain games with mine.

B
stranger
stranger
B
I had a similar problem, and it was because I enabled turn-based mode right out of the gate. Try turning that off if it happens again, because it makes movement turn-based even when there are no enemies

T
journeyman
journeyman
T
Originally Posted by FNC

This may sound like an odd thing to say from someone who hasn't experienced this problem, but I'd like to thank you for posting the fix.

Too often on game forums, people post issues, then post "fixed it" with no further explanation. Drives me insane. Er. Insaner. So thank you.

Last edited by TheOtherTed; 14/11/20 02:02 PM. Reason: I can't end a post with a word that isn't a word
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by TheOtherTed
Originally Posted by FNC

This may sound like an odd thing to say from someone who hasn't experienced this problem, but I'd like to thank you for posting the fix.

Too often on game forums, people post issues, then post "fixed it" with no further explanation. Drives me insane. Er. Insaner. So thank you.

Don't forget the good old "PM'd you the fix"

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard