Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Athann

-normal longswords (they are too big) or make short swords longer.

THIS BUGS ME TO NO END
The longswords are WAY too long, and the shortswords are WAY too short.

For me, I want Tiefling Tail options (None please!), and more spells in general from additional rulebooks.
I would like to see all the Elemental Evil rulebook be implemented, because currently, spell lists are looking pretty barebones and boring. There's no variety, and I find myself taking the exact same spells each time.
Like, why is Spiritual Weapon not in the game? It's in the Player's Handbook, and one of the best spells, if not the best spell to help Clerics deal some damage in combat. Having this of all things missing, feels sooooooo bad.

Granted, a lot of utility spells can't be used as they would on tabletop (which is fine, I wouldn't expect them to be), but combat spells can be. Things like Ice Knife/Tidal Wave/Erupting Earth can be implemented with ease, so I hope they do get added.
New races like Aasimar/Dragonborn/Genasi as well, would be nice.

Last edited by Noraver; 13/10/20 07:05 PM.
Systems
-Party size 5
-Hold Action (proximity command: Target spell cast at ground, character waits and casts when trigger zone is breached)
-Disengage costs and action, Hide costs an action
-Duelist fighting style works with shield rather than only if off-hand is empty-
-Cunning Action restored to its glory
-Defend command
-Grapple Command (even if they decide to keep shove as bonus)
-I kind of like object interaction being a bonus action, especially with all the items in game.
-Standing up while prone no longer cost action, only movement
-Jump no longer cost action, only movement
-Firebolt matched to 5e stats (with capacity to ignite flammables but not every surface imaginable)
-Create Bonfire/Produce flame added to fill role of 'fire surface coverage"
-Dual wield rapiers and no other arbitrary limitations on which finesse weapons you can dual wield
-Ability to pour potions down allies throat while they are down (serve potion to allies)
-Disguise Self allows you to mimic humanoid "monster" races like Goblins/Bugbears

Content
-Xanthar subclasses
-Half-orcs (that death save is going to make so many players happy)
-Githzerai (for the statblock)
-Dragonborn
-Feral Tiefling (Fly command similar to imp, can be level locked like other racial features sometimes are)
-Eladrin or Shadar-kai Elf (misty step elves)
-Human Variant (the infamous level 1 feat monster)
-Ghostwise Halflings (Since Rangers are looking nice, how bout some more ranger races)
-Xanthar Spells (Zephyr Strike, Toll the Dead, etc)
-Xanthar Warlock invocation
-Xanthar Feats
-SCAG cantrips (Booming Blade/Green Flame would feel great in this game)
-Whips

Specific desired subclasses
Hexblade
Celestial Warlock
Samurai
Swashbuckler
Wild Magic Sorcerer
Shadow Magic Sorcerer
Gloomstalker
Oath of Conquest
as many monk sublclasses as possible minus boring Kensei (yea... I said it)

Last edited by pill0ws; 14/10/20 04:12 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
-Hide helmet option
-more clothing/attractive armor options
-hold person to work on winged humanoids
-more options for summoned pets (possibly a mount)
-ability to assign characters to players (via host in multiplayer)
-shapechange option (i.e. Druid)
-more male heads
-more body options (and more clothing options - a Gith male wizard looks really really small headed if ya know what I mean)

stranger
stranger
Wild magic, and some of the more choice tentacle beast spells for the great old one warlock to really capitalize on Having a tad pole growing on your brain while in a pact with an unknowable group of tentacle and Maggitt beast elder gods

stranger
stranger
A pact with Gibbeth or nihal should really throw a spammer on the illithid’s plans

Last edited by Praetox; 14/10/20 03:40 AM.
journeyman
journeyman
  • Classes: Bard and Monk, hands down.
  • Features: A more expansive Character Creator. Sliders or better looking presets, hair styles. More effeminate looking men (and even buff looking women). More Companions to choose from. Also looking forward to sex. Not gonna lie. A dynamic alignment meter. I'd like to see how my actions and choices would affect my character's alignment. I agree with the option to hide helmet. Increase party size to 6.
  • Spells: Hexblade. I like playing Warlock.
  • Fixes: For casting things like Thaumaturgy to actually work outside of battle. It's supposed to assist with charisma checks (skill proficiencies) but it didn't -do- anything. Summoned familiars/beasts scale with player level. If a character initiates a cutscene after a battle, for it to automatically go to my main character and not the last person in my party that dealt the killing blow.

Last edited by Divine Star; 14/10/20 03:54 AM. Reason: Hide helmet is a great idea
G
stranger
stranger
G
when I'm done reading a book or letter and close out it takes me back to my inventory.

addict
addict
1. Mouse Look ( why build an adventure / combat game any other way? )

2. Tone down the onslaught from every mob, fire pots, acid pots, exploding arrows..seems way over powered compared to past game i've played at this level 1st lv-4th

3. Also.. there is this thing... I love the game, ok I DO i like the story so far. But there is this feeling, that I'm playing video game chess during combat.. no sense of chaos in battle.. I mean there is chaos, but I don't know, it's just all feels so planned out, not a fan. Not sure if there is anything that can be done to address that.

4. Neverwinter nights under your companions character sheet, there was a command page, where you could set your companions responses in situations. I would like to see something like that, however now that I think about it Neverwinter was not turned based.. so pointless.

5) One last thing, I dont get the sense that my companion rogue is actually a rogue. He never searches for traps and with tools he has a bismal success rate at opening chest.. horrible actually.

I come from playing Dungeons and Dragons online, Ive been there since 2007.. Im pretty nerdy. Trying not to pass judgment on this game by what Turbine did with DDO.

I could go on about a lot of things, but this being EA , I know many if not all of those concerns are known issues and will be addressed.

I have over 40hrs on this EA and I still have not beat all the main baddies, Good game so far.

P.S

Old looking wizards with long hair, and Dwarfs with long braided beards .. smile

Last edited by Doomlord; 14/10/20 04:05 AM.

DRAGON FIRE-AND DOOM Dragons? Splendid things, lad-so long as ye look upon them only in tapestries, or in the masks worn at revels, or from about three realms off...
Astragarl Hornwood, Mage of Elembar - Year of the Tusk
stranger
stranger
I really want these subclass options from Xanathar's Guide:

Ranger - Gloom Stalker
Rogue - Scout
Sorcerer - Divine Soul

And I also want to see a Panther pet option for the Beastmaster.

enthusiast
enthusiast
They already threw us the Underdark low leveled in EA, were introduced to Illithids, Extraplanar Travel, a Layer of Hell, Demons, Tieflings, Imps, Drow, Beholder, Spiders and yet i don't even see Duergar mentioned.

old hand
old hand
My main wish:
The ability to raise the camera up. Hate feeling like a hunchback with a broken neck. Also hard to properly scout and make tactical decisions currently

A toggle for attaching the camera to the movement. Too many times I forget to not move character with keys
Faster enemy turns in combat, they take too long deciding what to do
Enemies to attempt to find cover or remove themselves from the area rather than freezing in place if player is hidden.
More loot in less locations. Let us loot once for a group of barrels rather than each one
Better inventory management, if I organise my inventory I would like it to show this at a vendor rather than the current jumble
Would like inventory to not close out after I am done reading something in it
A toggle for auto jump for companions.
Ability to click on portraits for targeted spells, etc
Better pathfinding for companions, if I walk around the puddle of acid I expect them to do the same since they can see where I walk
All XGtE and SCAG stuff

Minor wishes:
More gods for Clerics. Mask and Vhaeraun in particular but I am probably biased
Perhaps a demeanour setting when creating character. Sometimes looking scared or sad in cutscene is immersion breaking
Helmet toggle
More faces, hairs, scars, tattoos

L
stranger
stranger
L
Well to start off, and this may seem unreasonable but this is a Wishlist. Not a I will hate the game if it doesn't have this stuff list.

1)This will really sum it up for me. I just want everything that exists, at the very least in the PhB and in stock 5th edition to be implemented in the game as intended. That's obviously just dependent on waiting through early access.

2) It would be pretty sweet to see races, spells, etc. from some of the expanded books for 5th edition. Like Volo's guide etc. Some of that is already in the game so I'm hopeful they'll go whole hog with all that stuff as well.

3) A larger party I could see being interesting especially for online play. I know at least ten people who would love to run through this game with me all at once and it would be a beautiful horrible cluster fuck. But that's what mods are for. A 6 player party would still be a good base game option, though I see how that could affect balancing encounters properly.

4) Again would be interesting to see a plan all movements then execute simultaneously combat system. But that would have a lot of challenges to iron out and I won't expect it in the base game as Larian has already moved forward their turn base style combat.

5) This one is just a pet peeve for me. Playing through EA I found it quite tedious to have to constantly F1 jump across ledge, move out of the way, F2 jump across ledge, move out of the way etc. If there was a select all function to have all party members jump at once, or a more robust AI pathing to have the AI follow across (when chained) with jumps. at the very least there needs to be a jump hotkey, and please make disengage a separate action.

6) Finally in regards to the story I like a lot of the feedback given in other threads about the pre-made PC's being to edgy and decked out in fantastic armor and not really feeling in the same vulnerable state that our created character is. They all have this air of, pfft I don't need you I am a badass about them. Side note that is actually sometimes true to real life DnD campaigns I just began DMing for a new group and our first session was six people sitting at a table not talking to each other playing separate games until I pulled one aside and pleaded to them to help me coral the chuckle heads and edge lords in the party. Anyway That's not how I envision this opening act playing out when everyone has been abducted and infected and stripped of humanity practically. Funnily enough Astorion despite being the edgy vampire rogue was one of the more likable characters because he talked to you and interacted with you. Versus shadowhearts I'm not telling you anything even though we both have the shared experience of being tadpolled, Or Lea'zel's fuck you I'm in charge and you are a whelp mentality when mechanically I could easily kill either of them one on one. I get that edgy characters and conflict in the party are a big aspect of fun and challenge and I don't want that to go away. I just think maybe the choice to have everyone thrown into this shitty situation would elicit more cooperative response from these characters even if they are normally loners or Alphas.

Just food for thought at the end there. Overall I loved the EA. I'll play through it again before it's updated if I get the time. Even with it's flaws it's the closest thing to virtual DnD besides Roll20 so I'm loving it.

Z
journeyman
journeyman
Z
Adding to the rest:

- Expertise.

apprentice
apprentice
I want my camp to eventually upgrade to a casting of the magnificent mansion spell, which I get to customise (even if it's just selecting from a range of preset designs).

J
stranger
stranger
J
Little selfish but...

Feats: War Caster, Resilient
Subclasses: Hexblade, Psionic subclass for Sorcerer
Spells: Booming Blade, Greenflame blade (or something like this...)
More cool weapons and outfits
As much level as possible!

N
old hand
old hand
N
Shadowheart to actually be a Divine Soul

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Noraver
Originally Posted by Athann

-normal longswords (they are too big) or make short swords longer.

THIS BUGS ME TO NO END
The longswords are WAY too long, and the shortswords are WAY too short.

Looks like they’ve gone for the more historical long sword = bastard sword (in length and look), rather than the the more fantasy approach of separating them (old AD&D - or is this still the case in 5e?).

I would prefer the “long swords” to be shorter and aimed at sword and shield users or even dual wield and for bastard swords to have that whole hand a half long look with a +1 if used with off hand free.

Last edited by Riandor; 13/11/20 08:23 AM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Playable Goblins.

old hand
old hand
Fix rogues, fix control scheme, multiclassing for sure, more feats.

G
addict
addict
G
Divine Soul Sorcerer
Improved Combat AI
Improved Multiplayer Features
Multiclassing
More spell adaptations
Harder difficulty game mode

Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard