Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
L
stranger
stranger
L
1. My number one wish is definitely a more faithfull 5e adaptation.
2. Number two no question is improving the multiplayer mode.
-Not being able to have any interaction with companions another player controls kills the multiplayer experience.
-Having more than one caharater participate in a conversation is also a must have in an RPG in my opinion. Switching the talking characeter mid conversation would really go a long way.
3.Camera movement. I eally wish i could move the camera up and down instead only left and right.

Edit:
4. Also character creation. A slider for height and weight would be great toghether with a choice of how the character is built (muscular, thin...). Also more options for faces.

5.I am also not sure why we choose a voice in the beginning. Are the voicelines for the custom characters still in progress?

Last edited by lol49; 13/11/20 10:44 AM.
H
stranger
stranger
H
The backgrounds are not enticing. Have options for the different professions, such as Baldur’s Gate army scout or Red Wizard diplomat, with a separate option for just a plain soldier. You could even implement orders & factions here to further personalize the character! Each option should give a minor bonus. I have run into spots where my background came into play, but it wasn’t initially apparent on selection. Perhaps telling the player that it will have an impact on their character’s action choices would be a good idea.

Random name generators would be cool for those not too lazy to click a button (I understand Tav as a character name is a running joke!

Humans: Humans need lots of love. Right now, they are extremely boring. Allow the variant option from the Player’s Handbook (+1 skill, two stat bumps, & 1 Feat). Note that the ethnic variants within humans are already done for you in the Player’s Handbook.

Half-Elves: Allow half-elves to choose between skills (2) OR racial powers. I am not sure why this was taken away, but it is an exceptionally good option for characters in a small party so that the bases can be covered.

Appearance: Make-up should have lip/cheek option. Body types & sizes.

Ability Scores: Major problem here! The point-generation system is great (although it was skewed with the introduction of Lump’s Headband) and all, but some people like to play super-heroes or roll their scores. I suggest you allow rolling, but scale monster difficulty with total ability points above (or below) certain thresholds to keep it challenging.

Multi-Classing

Half-orcs & Dragonborn & Gnomes, oh my!

N
old hand
old hand
N
1. Make the combat more challenging + add difficulty modes
2. Better camera overall. It's really messy sometimes, especially underground
3. Rework of hotbar for spells. It's silly to have multiple icons for different levels of the same spell. One should suffice with options displayed in a popup.

4. As a bonus, a GM mode with full map editor

F
stranger
stranger
F
I agree with a lot of the suggestions on here, many of which I think are already in the works. Examples: More classes, races, char creation options.

Things I am not sure about that I would love to see.....
1. Ability to adjust companions ability scores upon joining. For example, Shadowheart currently has a 9 dex, making her almost useless as a ranged char. If I could switch around her stats, this would make for more replay-ability. Perhaps even change their appearance.

2. As many have mentioned, a five or six member party, allowing more banter and interactions.

3. A custom party option. So I can create my own adventuring group, even without the companions quests and romances and stuff.

4. Fewer clickable barrels, shelves, etc. I spend way too much time checking empty stuff. For that matter, less useless items like forks and plates. If its a useful item or crafting component, fine.

5 Dual classing or multi classing. Especially if a higher level cap is in the works.

6. Ranged weapons having actual ranges. Longbows and heavy crossbows should go farther than shortbows and light crossbows.

7. Starting equipment choices. Let my dwarf fighter start with a warhammer or warlock with a rapier or rogue with a hand crossbow if I choose.

M
apprentice
apprentice
M
Either
more faithful implementation of 5E where it matters (cost of advantage, proper reactions and cover system among others)
or
just dropping 5E as base and making good story game if not challenging tactical RPG.

Staying in the limbo between those two with hundreds of big and small changes to a fairly well balanced and play-tested documentation definitely not my 9th level spell.

Last edited by mg666; 13/11/20 05:55 PM.
E
E
There are a lot of very good suggestions like the one of group hide and jump. That would be great. Also that the places you could walk or jump could be seen. Right now, it is difficult to know which places you can reach.

My wishlist:

1. Origin/stories for custom characters. Not being sidequick to the companions, have your own thing.
2. Diviner subclass from PHB
3. More feats. Specially the ones who aren't just for fighters
4. Summonings.
5. Option to use spells in conversation. Like friendship and charm.
6. More companions and the ability to customize them a bit
7. Less empty containers and more varied equipment. For example: it would be nice to have more clothes models. Diferent colors. To be able to die your armour/clothes. While we have several necklaces, there are few rings, boots, or gloves. No belts and there is no crafting.
8. Fix the scenes triggering so if you qualify at some point you won't miss it for not resting and then miss the rest of the scenes for having missed the first one. Also, the scenes shouldn't depend mostly on using the tadpole powers, because then, many people would miss them.

C
journeyman
journeyman
C
more comedy like this pls so the game does not feel so depressing, thanks! wink

Last edited by cgexile; 14/11/20 04:11 PM.
G
guy Offline
G
wishlist. More options besides tadpole stuck in head.

G
guy Offline
G
Originally Posted by EMC_V
There are a lot of very good suggestions like the one of group hide and jump. That would be great. Also that the places you could walk or jump could be seen. Right now, it is difficult to know which places you can reach.

My wishlist:

1. Origin/stories for custom characters. Not being sidequick to the companions, have your own thing.
2. Diviner subclass from PHB
3. More feats. Specially the ones who aren't just for fighters
4. Summonings.
5. Option to use spells in conversation. Like friendship and charm.
6. More companions and the ability to customize them a bit
7. Less empty containers and more varied equipment. For example: it would be nice to have more clothes models. Diferent colors. To be able to die your armour/clothes. While we have several necklaces, there are few rings, boots, or gloves. No belts and there is no crafting.
8. Fix the scenes triggering so if you qualify at some point you won't miss it for not resting and then miss the rest of the scenes for having missed the first one. Also, the scenes shouldn't depend mostly on using the tadpole powers, because then, many people would miss them.

point 5. There are some spots you use cleric spells in dialogue. Seems to be more cleric related.

Point 7. I collect backpacks and containers to organize ivnt. Plus you can throw the empty containers. They have alot of use.

Last edited by guy; 14/11/20 04:20 PM.
addict
addict
more horny warlocks, horny wizards, horny goblins, horny bugbears, horny elves, horny dwarfs -just a lot more horny people. A latrine in the camp. Juggling. Epic mounts. Guild banks. Dual wield sjamboks. Playable lamia.

Last edited by alice_ashpool; 14/11/20 04:48 PM.
Cleric of Innuendo
Cleric of Innuendo
I think Guild banks might be a little too far.

The rest looks perfectly legitimate.

G
guy Offline
G
Originally Posted by alice_ashpool
more horny warlocks, horny wizards, horny goblins, horny bugbears, horny elves, horny dwarfs -just a lot more horny people. A latrine in the camp. Juggling. Epic mounts. Guild banks. Dual wield sjamboks. Playable lamia.

Playable lamia would be bad ass.

G
guy Offline
G
Originally Posted by alice_ashpool

Originally Posted by Sadurian
I think Guild banks might be a little too far.

The rest looks perfectly legitimate.

Just take the underwear off the base models.
And the bugbear/ ogre scene too.

add a phsyics RNG with female models that tits might pop out in fight.

Add armor damage value so tits can get exposed after so much damage done.

-.- not serious if you can't tell

B
stranger
stranger
B
Feats: War caster, Sentinel, Pole-arm Master
Spells: Counter spell, Shield, Vicious Mockery.
Classes: some of the Xanathar's stuff. College of Swards. Cavalier. Just bards in general. I know they're coming but I love bards. I hope they can come up with a good implementation for bardic inspiration.

Removal of disengage, hide, and shove from bonus actions. I like the idea of adding more baseline bonus actions, but this is really stealing the thunder from a lot of classes and feats. Rogues cunning action, pushing strike, shove as a bonus action from shield master.

Grappling game play. A bit niche, but there are some fun grappler builds out there.

Expertise. One of the best parts of being a rogue or bard that is not in the game yet.

A better system for reactions. I think it is legit a bit trickier to implement in a game, but reactions feel bad right now coming from 5e. You don't have much flexibility and you have to anticipate rather than react.

Dodge action, ready action, and help.

Better party pathing so my group doesn't run through a bunch of traps and into some goblins because I jumped over a pit.

Last edited by Buddyshrews; 15/11/20 06:10 AM.
old hand
old hand
  • Donkeys
  • Bard Class (heard already multi times its coming)
  • Song Blade weapons
  • More variety of weapons and armor
  • Masterwork weapons and armor instead of shooting straight to +1 gear
  • Spellplague / Spellscarred / Plaguelands (from what I've read so far this has been for the most part healed but some are still present)
  • Earth Nodes, Earthmotes, & Fey Sites
  • Rituals
  • Tools like grappling hook, sap, flint & tinder, etc
  • In-depth crafting system
  • Visible equipment on characters: backpacks, shields, rings, neckless, tools, etc
  • Tags in character creation for different starting locations for example: id like to originally come from Neverwinter
  • Proper weight system
  • Night/day cycle
  • Additional racial features for Halflings (they seem weak compared to other races/missing features)
  • Combat log more in-depth: id like to see EVERYTHING
  • I already know sneak attack is just one die then timed an multiplied, its not actually multi dice (been wondering if advantage is the same way), so actually make multi dice rolls pls.

Edit*
  • Eladrin race (not sure if they made it to 5e also or not but supposedly when the two worlds became one Eladrin, dragonborn, warforged? came from the other world...right?)

Last edited by fallenj; 15/11/20 08:56 AM.
enthusiast
enthusiast

veteran
veteran
-better performance
- some rewrites to certain story threads.
I can live without anything else

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
L
stranger
stranger
L
Oh my, so many things on my wishlist:

- a full subquest set in the Astral plane (I'm even prepared to put up with Gale for that to happen)
- Nettie as a companion (I'd really rather have her as my healer than annoying Shadowheart)
- Sorcerer with all sorcerous origins available as playable class
- cap on lvl 15, not 13, even if that means a much tougher act 3
- Possibility to romance Halsin, although I fear he is doomed to die at Moonrise Towers
- Encounter with Viconia in the Underdark
- Possibility to cast all spells, but making the most powerful ones very hard to acquire
- possibility to join society of Brilliance, or other organisations, the way we could join the Shadow thieves in BG2
- Proper explanation for why our super powerful companions are lvl1 at the beginning of the game (Gale is supposed to be a prodigy who had sex with a God, Shadowheart was entrusted by Shaarians with an important mission, and Wyll is supposed to be a legend in Baldur's Gate).

stranger
stranger
I would like to have assassin subclass. We see a bugbear assassin in the game, why not being able to build one?
Would like to bring in my drow assassin from Everwinter Nights.

F
stranger
stranger
F
-I would like to roll my stats like you can in the previous titles. I used to spend hours doing it. Saving the best result and keep going.
-I would like more more weapon variety (like additional weapon types to what is already in dnd5e) for example a finesse 1d8 sabre (slashing) for dex dual wield.
-I would like to be able to build my own party.
-I would like to have the world be spread out more. And not have so much variety of biomes, monster types and villages concentrated in one map.
-I would like an interesting main villain. Enigmatic powerful and driven by some unknown motivation. Previous titles had that, also other crpgs like torment: tides of numenera and Tyranny. It's kinda tradition.
-I would like to have the alignment choices be less obvious. I don't care for the companion approval pop ups either.
-I would like more dialogue, and it doesn't have to be voice acted. I prefer to imagine how they sound like. And have voice acting for the main quests and such.
-I would like to have the camp mechanic be changed. Instead camping would occur where you set it up, and you can be ambushed at night.
-I would like to keep current social and political themes and ideologies to the bare minimum.
-I would like you to use fan service moderately.

- More Feats!
- Homebrew stuff

Last edited by fredahl; 15/11/20 08:56 PM.
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard