Next Thread
Print Thread
#733853 13/11/20 08:13 PM
V
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
V
Any update on this? My wife completely lost interest because of this not being mentioned. Talking about taking a PC from one game and importing their gear and level to another game. Not having confirmation on this feature totally put this game on the back burner. My old group is going a Roll20 campaign and I started an in person group on the weekends. I am just finding it hard to do anything in this game right now because of that. Im not talking about mercenaries or any other lame ass BS, im talking about true character imports/exports. I feel calling yourself Baldur's Gate and not having one of its most favorited features, youre not listening to people. If youre not going to listen, im not going to spend a year saving you tester fees by playing your hollow broken game.

addict
addict
Bye

enthusiast
enthusiast
I very much doubt that's going to happen.
But I'm about confused about what the problem is. Are you concerned about people playing with multiplayer without you? Can't you just kindly ask them to not progress on the save file on the days where you aren't there?

E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E
Originally Posted by Bukke
I very much doubt that's going to happen.
But I'm about confused about what the problem is. Are you concerned about people playing with multiplayer without you? Can't you just kindly ask them to not progress on the save file on the days where you aren't there?

he want to cheat :P and export/import a character from 1 multiplayer session to another. (keeping his gear and progression.)

Last edited by Evil_it_Self; 13/11/20 10:30 PM.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
old hand
old hand
If anything your characters are going to get wiped...

V
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
V
Right it’s a cheat to take a character (I’m talking main game not EA) that you worked on geared and equipped, and take them to a new game or different game. This is cheating. I’m going to ask you guys not play BG1&2, IWD, NWN, DA:O, and about 50 other games that do character exports. I guess you guys can just start over every single game. Man that sounds like sooooo much fun. Derrrrp ima troll this guy asking about a feature I don’t like.....derrrrrrr guess I’ll go play with my magic cards until some else writes something on the internet’s....

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Vekkares
I guess you guys can just start over every single game. Man that sounds like sooooo much fun..

That is exactly the point of such a game and i think the majority actually likes that

veteran
Online Content
veteran
Man, some people around here can be genuinely weird.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN
veteran
veteran
This game isn't modular and it's very story focused. Why would you import a character to play through the same parts of the story and areas again? And also be too powerful to find any challenge? I don't get it.

I hope the game will eventually support modules like NWN does with the import/export though.

Cleric of Innuendo
Cleric of Innuendo
Everyone plays the game in their own way. Let's not get all judgemental and offensive just because their fun is not the same as yours.

veteran
veteran
Right it’s a cheat to take a character (I’m talking main game not EA) that you worked on geared and equipped, and take them to a new game or different game. This is cheating.

Yes. Yes, it is cheating. This may be a difficult concept for you to wrap your head around, but if the game is balanced so that a level 2 character with nothing can survive the early encounters, a level 10 character fully loaded is going to have no problems beating those same encounters. Whether other games allow you to cheat in that manner is not relevant - it's still cheating there, too.

Im not talking about mercenaries or any other lame ass BS, im talking about true character imports/exports. I feel calling yourself Baldur's Gate and not having one of its most favorited features, youre not listening to people. If youre not going to listen, im not going to spend a year saving you tester fees by playing your hollow broken game.

Sorry that "THE GAME MUST LET ME TRIVIALIZE COMBAT" is your red line for the game. You also seem to have a very wrong concept of what EA means. It does not mean that Larian is obligated to implement every single suggestion that every single forums poster makes. You are not being oppressed because Larian isn't putting in a feature that you (and pretty much only you) feel strongly about.

Last edited by Stabbey; 14/11/20 04:22 PM.
V
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
V
Originally Posted by Stabbey
Right it’s a cheat to take a character (I’m talking main game not EA) that you worked on geared and equipped, and take them to a new game or different game. This is cheating.

Yes. Yes, it is cheating. This may be a difficult concept for you to wrap your head around, but if the game is balanced so that a level 2 character with nothing can survive the early encounters, a level 10 character fully loaded is going to have no problems beating those same encounters. Whether other games allow you to cheat in that manner is not relevant - it's still cheating there, too.

Im not talking about mercenaries or any other lame ass BS, im talking about true character imports/exports. I feel calling yourself Baldur's Gate and not having one of its most favorited features, youre not listening to people. If youre not going to listen, im not going to spend a year saving you tester fees by playing your hollow broken game.

Sorry that "THE GAME MUST LET ME TRIVIALIZE COMBAT" is your red line for the game. You also seem to have a very wrong concept of what EA means. It does not mean that Larian is obligated to implement every single suggestion that every single forums poster makes. You are not being oppressed because Larian isn't putting in a feature that you (and pretty much only you) feel strongly about.

Ok Man, then WHY IS THIS A THING IN LIKE 30 OTHER GAMES INCLUDING THE OTHER BG GAMES!!!! Youre not a god at level 10! NWN did this as well. If I wanted to do any of the things you mentioned I would just use a cheat engine, cause there are plenty of those. PLENTY, even now in EA. Its the same design as New Game +, so where is your issue? Where is the problem here? Explain to me how people using Character Export to enjoy one of the features of D&D (using a character you create and playing with your friends) is such a problem to you?! Im sorry you dont understand D&D. Im sorry you didnt play the previous games.

Last edited by Vekkares; 18/11/20 03:11 PM.
old hand
old hand

Yeah, that's really not how we conduct discourse around here. You might want to edit your post to remove . . . well, most of it.

V
enthusiast
enthusiast
V
What about a character export just from character creation? For example, you can go through and create different characters then export them or save them. I would like this feature since I seem to start over a lot for some reason and seem to create the same characters at least appearance wise.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Veilburner
What about a character export just from character creation? For example, you can go through and create different characters then export them or save them. I would like this feature since I seem to start over a lot for some reason and seem to create the same characters at least appearance wise.

This seems doable, since origin characters are a thing, and being able to make your own character presets would be nice.

Cleric of Innuendo
Cleric of Innuendo
Ok Man, then WHY IS THIS A THING IN LIKE 30 OTHER GAMES INCLUDING THE OTHER BG GAMES!!!! Youre not a god at level 10! NWN did this as well. If I wanted to do any of the things you mentioned I would just use a cheat engine, cause there are plenty of those. PLENTY, even now in EA. Its the same design as New Game +, so where is your issue? Where is the problem here? Explain to me how people using Character Export to enjoy one of the features of D&D (using a character you create and playing with your friends) is such a problem to you?! Im sorry you dont understand D&D. Im sorry you didnt play the previous games.

Play nicely now.

And that goes for others here. Make your points but make them courteously.

V
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
V
Originally Posted by Sadurian

Play nicely now.

And that goes for others here. Make your points but make them courteously.

Thank you and sorry I went off. Its just so frustrating that this feature was left out of POE and DOS. It makes these games infinitely more and its so much easier to get past tedium with friends or pad a team with your old characters just like in BG1&2. So hearing this being shot down because people look at it as an exploit and not the true value of playing as your own characters how you see fit. I would literally buy a copy of this game for my entire D&D group if they had this feature. This was going to be Christmas Presents, but without confirmation of this feature, I literally find it hard to care about this game what so ever.

As for this whole "trivializes" combat argument. Other than the minotaur's, what's really that big of a challenge? Nothing I fought. I beat the Minotaur's on my second try with the bullette interfering. Everyone seems so stuck on this idea of the story stopping you from exporting. Like they know anything about anything. If this was the case, Multiplayer wouldnt be a thing. But the fact you can come into a game at the beginning means that you have the ability to come in at anytime. Again this has worked for MANY other games. Why is there this need to fight the idea of copying your character with levels and gear and bringing it into a friends game, or your own next play though. I just dont see any good reason for this to be fought against. Its literally one of the coolest features of any game.

Link Copied to Clipboard