Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
G
guy Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Originally Posted by Sadurian
If the annoying half-sister turns up then I need the opportunity to commit demi-sororicide at the first opportunity.

Still more interesting than a magic tadpole in everyone's head.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by alice_ashpool
...op pls tell me, i must know... did you pick permenant period as your beginning problem?

Literally LMAO.

addict
addict
DragonAge:Origins showed that it was possible to offer a number of different background stories, but each of them still resolved to being conscripted as a Grey Warden, and thereafter following a singular path. Your request would be the equivalent in DA:O of being able to choose NOT to join the Grey Wardens, and do something else instead, leading to a very different storyline. Bioware actually did provide a single alternative narrative as DLC, but only for a small part of the game ( the Darkspawn Chronicles ).

BG3 seems to be actually intent on offering ( at least ) two completely different, but interlinked, story paths, which, if it leads through to multiple different resolutions and outcomes is a step away from the cinematic story norm.

Even with this, fairly limited, dynamic content, the conversation trees in BG3 are already struggling ( and failing ) to honour the played experience; and that's with the player and all companions linked through the Tadpole story thread.

With the way games are currently made ( static, pre-determined content ), I doubt the experience you would like is really practical.

G
guy Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Originally Posted by etonbears
DragonAge:Origins showed that it was possible to offer a number of different background stories, but each of them still resolved to being conscripted as a Grey Warden, and thereafter following a singular path. Your request would be the equivalent in DA:O of being able to choose NOT to join the Grey Wardens, and do something else instead, leading to a very different storyline. Bioware actually did provide a single alternative narrative as DLC, but only for a small part of the game ( the Darkspawn Chronicles ).

BG3 seems to be actually intent on offering ( at least ) two completely different, but interlinked, story paths, which, if it leads through to multiple different resolutions and outcomes is a step away from the cinematic story norm.

Even with this, fairly limited, dynamic content, the conversation trees in BG3 are already struggling ( and failing ) to honour the played experience; and that's with the player and all companions linked through the Tadpole story thread.

With the way games are currently made ( static, pre-determined content ), I doubt the experience you would like is really practical.

Not a request. A thought.
Dragon age origins approach would be somewhat interesting.

However, DAO also did not infect all players with something that would eat them from the inside out, and buff it with super magic.... only one or two origins in DAO kinda had that.
And yes, you joined the grey wardens... but that was pretttttty open ended.

Knights of rhe old republic and knights of the old republic 2 would be a better model for what should be expected in character interactions....
But bg 1 and bg 2 would be a better example still. And this is still a BG game at the end of the day
I get it. They want to voice act everythjng.
Im personally not interested in the voice acting. No reason for it.
But I'd say go back to the books for the scripting, pull up the old BG chars, especially the favorites, and script and plan for more of that

As for only tadpole infected joining? No. Not on board with that. The world doesn't revolve around a random flayer ship with super level 11 spells.

And i agree. The dialogue is already suffering and struggling.

Again. Not really requesting, but putting it out there. The current path feels like its going to crash and burn due to railroading.... and the environmental aspects are just too good to waste on a game with bad scripting and planning

Tuv Offline
journeyman
journeyman
it's what binds those unlikely companions and seems integral to the overal story arch.

It looks like we are once again involved in saving or destroying the world and the tadpoles play a big role, no time for killing a pack of wolves for 10 gold and a healing potion.

A Prologue would be nice though and I can relate to the tadpole idea not being developed enough and being too sudden.

Last edited by Tuv; 15/11/20 06:29 AM.
journeyman
journeyman
I must admit i see the tadpole thing problematic if it comes to new companions.
In a group or 8 or so it is kinda strange that everyone has that tadpole problem, even if it makes sense to the story - it locks out my Bro Halsin as a potential companion as well.

I think it would be a nice twist if e.g. the tadpole problem were uniqe to the custom character since the origins have mote than enough of their oen problems and the PC would be unique

addict
addict
given the cost of voice acting and the number of lines that I expect have already been commissioned the chance that what appears to be the central plot element of the whole game will be removed is about as likely as larian changing the game to work on Shadowrun mechanics

Last edited by alice_ashpool; 15/11/20 10:03 AM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
given the cost of voice acting and the number of lines that I expect have already been commissioned the chance that what appears to be the central plot element of the whole game will be removed is about as likely as larian changing the game to work on Shadowrun mechanics

Yeah, I don't even understand what people actually want to come out of this.
Even some of the very first story/promo material about the game used the tadpole as a central plot point. While I think some of the concerns do make sense, there's zero chance Larian's going to rewrite the entire game just because of a few people who dislike what essentially just is a plot hook.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Bukke

They want their own very specific horny fantasies to be catered to.

Last edited by alice_ashpool; 15/11/20 10:25 AM.
G
guy Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Originally Posted by Tuv
it's what binds those unlikely companions and seems integral to the overal story arch.

It looks like we are once again involved in saving or destroying the world and the tadpoles play a big role, no time for killing a pack of wolves for 10 gold and a healing potion.

A Prologue would be nice though and I can relate to the tadpole idea not being developed enough and being too sudden.

When i say railroaded, thats what I mean by the tadpoles being the binding factor.
Kinda weak.

G
guy Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Originally Posted by Maldurin
I must admit i see the tadpole thing problematic if it comes to new companions.
In a group or 8 or so it is kinda strange that everyone has that tadpole problem, even if it makes sense to the story - it locks out my Bro Halsin as a potential companion as well.

I think it would be a nice twist if e.g. the tadpole problem were uniqe to the custom character since the origins have mote than enough of their oen problems and the PC would be unique

I could live with that.

I had drool when I first found halsin. They even give you a little tease with using him.

I wants him.

G
guy Offline OP
OP Offline
G

yeah. In other words. They already messed it up.
However.
It is still EA. There might be hope.

G
guy Offline OP
OP Offline
G

Even some of the very first story/promo material about the game used the tadpole as a central plot point. While I think some of the concerns do make sense, there's zero chance Larian's going to rewrite the entire game just because of a few people who dislike what essentially just is a plot hook.

The problem is that the plot hook is weak.
I do understand the voice axting aspect. I kinda consider the voice acting a waste
Don't get me wrong, the voice actors are incredible.
But I'm not playing for the voice acting.

I would be completely fine if it were removed.

G
guy Offline OP
OP Offline
G

How old are you again? 14? Do your parents know you are posting on forums?

Its EA. Larian asked for feedback.
Feedback given.

Railroading with tadpoles socks.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by guy

Its EA. Larian asked for feedback.
Feedback given.

Railroading with tadpoles socks.

"It sucks, you should change everything" is not feedback.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by guy

is this a grooming thing?

Last edited by alice_ashpool; 15/11/20 11:48 AM.
G
guy Offline OP
OP Offline
G

Thats the words you put into it.
If you read it to begin with, thats not how it started, but thats how you and a few others trolled it.

And i dont think I am the only one that feels the tadpole plot hole is weak.

And i dont know why you keep saying that I am saying I want everything changed. I dont. I just don't like the forced togethrr railroaded story plot
There are many other aspects of the game I don't want change.

And i personally am always going to push for more options.

So here's my suggestion to you.

You can post "vote plus one" or "vote minus one"

You can give your reasons for your choice if you want.

But trolling me for my feedback? That will 100% get everyone nowhere

G
guy Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Originally Posted by guy

is this a grooming thing?

No, I just see you posting everywhere about how horny you are and how you want more sex in game.

Not much real feedback, just kinda spouting off at people.

So legit question.

Answer if you want or don't.

veteran
veteran
They won't remove the tadpole. Come on

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
G
guy Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Originally Posted by Abits
They won't remove the tadpole. Come on

I didn't say remove the tadpole.

I said make more options beyond the tadpole.

As a option among multiple options, its fine. Its interesting.

As the only thing there is, it is bad.

Last edited by guy; 15/11/20 12:05 PM.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard